Diablo® III

Keep disconnecting (character independent.)

Hi,

Im not usually the one to create threads like these, 'cause i already see hundreds of them with no reply, and no mention from a so called "bluepost".

Anyways, ever since 1.0.5 (ish.) I've been disconnecting like crazy. I can rarely play a game long enough to reach 5 stacks. It does not matter if i do softcore/hardcore/Wizard/barbarian ++.

The disconnects; Sometimes i get disconnect all of the sudden without any warning, and thrown back to the menu. Other times i can roam the world for a while before either hitting a "black wall/cliff" or the game in very rare cases actually resumes. Another time this happened, if i moved.. my friend would see me doing the things (eg. if i warcried, he could see me use the skill on his screen) -- while my "world" was "stalled".. and on my screen seemed like i was disconnected. This leaves me thinking the problem is server-side TO client.

Now, since HC is my true passion this has rendered the game unplayable to me. I've already lost 3 chars to this issue, and i wont be playing till this is fixed.

Things i have done on my end:
* Re-installed windows (Went from 7, to 8. Clean install.)
* Updated and downgraded the GFX drivers.
* Forced VSYNC both ON and OFF, as i've read some users having success with this option.

AS for the network, i am connected via a 70/70 fiber. My latency is perfectly fine when this happens (both in the client, and the multiping i have running in the background.) There is absolutely no change in latency when this happens. I am (most of the time) the only connected computer, directly to a CISCO firewall with a flat network (no vlans, 192.168.1.0/24). No other session breaks when diablo 3 disconnects. (SSH session is not disconnect, not IRC session, no packet loss, no nothing.)

I have no antivirus running that should impact this, nor any firewall.

Even worse; When i have a friend over to play, he can sit side-by-side of me and play uninterrupted while i get disconnected. The only nice thing about party is that i actually can resume the game and keep my stacks. This cant be done in solo.

I hope this was somewhat understandable, and if there is any more information i can provide, please let me know. Or if you want me to test/debug anything special, i am quite qualified so dont be afraid to challenge me.

Best Regards,
Tronde
Reply Quote
bump.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
tronde,

You have a European Battle.net account and you play only on the European region. Please post any tech issues you have over on their forum.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/4436696/

What I'd check though is when your friend is over, are you able to play your account on the computer he's using and vice versa without disconnecting?
Reply Quote
Thanks,
i will check that the next time we play and post the result along with my new post in .eu.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]