Diablo® III

[Video] Tempest Rush Monk - 100M exp/hr

^TR monk is simply insane isn't it.

I only discovered how awesome it was last night when I first tried it...

Insanity.

Sorry barbs - you can't do this.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 12/13/2012 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote

I forgot the 25% from tailwind, added it to the post

Total of 94% for 3 seconds after dashing strike

That's pretty fast, I think Monks are the second fastest character in the game using that build by far in just flat out movement speed.

DH's have the record though especially legacy Nats users, they can keep a perma 115% move speed and if needed spike up to 150% for short periods possibly longer if you can fuel the discipline.

Don't understand why so many DH forget that they can use Shadow Glide instea of Gloom lol

Base 25% move speed + 30% Shadow Glide + 60% Tactical Advantage Vault (preferably tumble for more discipline) all stack for killer 115%! Legacy Nats isn't necessary for that when coupled with Vengenace for the constant discipline but it makes it much easier to run.

Meanwhile if you do have vengeance and legacy Nats you can do the above but also have massive bursts in speed by using Smoke Screen Displacement instead of vaulting while under the effects of Shadow Glide. Displacement gives a further bonus of 35% + the 60% from tactical passive + 25% base move speed + 30% Shadow Glide for a total of 150% move speed. It's retarded fast. An that's not even including a fleeting shrine lol it's to hard to play at that speed.

For those DH out there, give it a try lol it will blow your mind especially the legacy Nats users. Vengeance passive good DPS while using legacy Nats with some pickup radius is a must to fuel the 150% build but it's damn fun, also a good 1hander like a calamity is recommended due to the shorter attack animations when you hit 3.0 attack speed lets you shoot and move very quickly with little to no slow down when properly stutter stepping.

gotta be able to kill stuff as fast as you move though, I'm curious what kind of exp/hr you are pulling in?
Reply Quote

That's pretty fast, I think Monks are the second fastest character in the game using that build by far in just flat out movement speed.

DH's have the record though especially legacy Nats users, they can keep a perma 115% move speed and if needed spike up to 150% for short periods possibly longer if you can fuel the discipline.

Don't understand why so many DH forget that they can use Shadow Glide instea of Gloom lol

Base 25% move speed + 30% Shadow Glide + 60% Tactical Advantage Vault (preferably tumble for more discipline) all stack for killer 115%! Legacy Nats isn't necessary for that when coupled with Vengenace for the constant discipline but it makes it much easier to run.

Meanwhile if you do have vengeance and legacy Nats you can do the above but also have massive bursts in speed by using Smoke Screen Displacement instead of vaulting while under the effects of Shadow Glide. Displacement gives a further bonus of 35% + the 60% from tactical passive + 25% base move speed + 30% Shadow Glide for a total of 150% move speed. It's retarded fast. An that's not even including a fleeting shrine lol it's to hard to play at that speed.

For those DH out there, give it a try lol it will blow your mind especially the legacy Nats users. Vengeance passive good DPS while using legacy Nats with some pickup radius is a must to fuel the 150% build but it's damn fun, also a good 1hander like a calamity is recommended due to the shorter attack animations when you hit 3.0 attack speed lets you shoot and move very quickly with little to no slow down when properly stutter stepping.

gotta be able to kill stuff as fast as you move though, I'm curious what kind of exp/hr you are pulling in?

I'm curious of this myself... Having a hard time believing a DH can keep up with my TR monk.

My TR monk runs with only the regen on my helm. Between that, circular breathing, the 2 regen passives, and Inner Storm, I can TR infinitely.

However, I'm curious if I dropped the nats set for a hellfire + SoJ if I would be faster? I would be able to switch either Inner Storm for Cyclone, or perhaps even Circular Breathing for Conviction.

I'll do some testing later on tonight and let you know.

Right now, I get about 65m/hr but I pick up all 63 1hs, rings, jewelry, pants, and bracers. I realize this slows down my levelling... but I'm in no rush to get 100 paragon :)
Reply Quote
Good, at least some other char that can do it fast. So less people will cry abt ww barbs now. Gratz man that's insane, and i hope they don't nerf it.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 02:40 AMPosted by Weaver
Good, at least some other char that can do it fast. So less people will cry abt ww barbs now. Gratz man that's insane, and i hope they don't nerf it.

Why would they nerf it? People have been doing this for a LONG time... I remember as early back as 1.03 trying to build an infinite TR monk but just not having access to the same type of resources / gear. Back then it wasn't nearly as viable of a strategy because you couldn't simply "once-over" the mobs and 1shot everything.

Blizzard actually helped monks with the last balance patch being able to do this more effectively with the change to TR's spirit consumption rates, and making a bunch of new legendaries with spirit regen on slots like Ring / Amulet.

TR monk will not be nerfed... just like WW barb will not be nerfed.

The only difference is, TR is only a viable strategy for paragon farming. WW barb is still WAY OP in terms of endgame MP10 content.
Reply Quote
View profile
Its best to get five stacks BEFORE hitting the big exp areas, IE arreat crater2
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Seaboots
I can guarantee you're missing legendaries this way

I trust the ping. cant be bothered to stick around for the drops, all that time adds up. alkaizer himself agrees that making sure you pick up ALL legendaries will net you less legendaries than skipping the ones that drop slowly and obscurely and rushing to the rest of them, and he said that before they added the ping which you have to agree helps at least a little

Half the time the ping doesn't actually work. You'll see the light pillar if on screen and hear the sound if on screen but no minimap notification at all.
Reply Quote
I don't know, I tried perma temest build and it seems kinda week. Just to low of damage for my liking.
Reply Quote
This...looks awesome. Also, epic music.
Reply Quote
It looks good on paper but Monks movement speed is always on and that is why they can outrun everybody.
You can manage a bigger area than I can, you can run faster and you don't rely on mobs for your spirit as I do for my fury.
Yep, I believe I addressed that during PTR:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6758727222?page=4#74
Reply Quote

Why would they nerf it? People have been doing this for a LONG time... I remember as early back as 1.03 trying to build an infinite TR monk but just not having access to the same type of resources / gear. Back then it wasn't nearly as viable of a strategy because you couldn't simply "once-over" the mobs and 1shot everything.

Blizzard actually helped monks with the last balance patch being able to do this more effectively with the change to TR's spirit consumption rates, and making a bunch of new legendaries with spirit regen on slots like Ring / Amulet.

TR monk will not be nerfed... just like WW barb will not be nerfed.

The only difference is, TR is only a viable strategy for paragon farming. WW barb is still WAY OP in terms of endgame MP10 content.

SO still crying ya ? k then.... was thinking a faster paragon monk would stop it. It seems i was wrong when I thought of that.
Edited by Weaver#6310 on 12/14/2012 5:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
^TR monk is simply insane isn't it.

I only discovered how awesome it was last night when I first tried it...

Insanity.

Sorry barbs - you can't do this.

Sorry? I was genuinely happy when I see this...I was thinking this will stop the cry at WW barbs...apparently I was wrong...some are still crying.
Reply Quote
That's an intriguing build.

Can a LS Skorn with Int work with this build (the one on my Wiz)? I'm thinking about playing my Monk again, I got so frustrated when I consistently got my !@# kicked in the beginning of A2 Inferno, but that was all my fault, I never even considered using Sweeping Wind until 1 week ago
Reply Quote
That's an intriguing build.

Can a LS Skorn with Int work with this build (the one on my Wiz)? I'm thinking about playing my Monk again, I got so frustrated when I consistently got my !@# kicked in the beginning of A2 Inferno, but that was all my fault, I never even considered using Sweeping Wind until 1 week ago
It works but you'll be missing out on the 300 or so Dex.
Reply Quote
Firestorm is superior not due to the dmg but the larger radius for SW ticks. It allows for one pass through the mobs with more SW time on target. It adds to overall speed/efficiency of clears

Bladestorm is nice when your TR spec DPS is such that you can run w/ fleet footed and still kill all mobs with one pass through. That threshold depends on wearing more regen gear so its more difficult/costly for no backtracking to cleanup mobs.

Cyclone is tempting to use for obvious reasons but it is not as effective w/ a speedfarming TR build as the forementioned choices.

also-Deadly reach Foresight is used to buff SW screenshot DMG which makes it invaluable when compared to other choices like FOT.
Edited by Technoviking#1999 on 12/14/2012 7:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
With Leoric, Hellfire, and red helm gem the best I could do was 35 mil per hour and thats doing Alk runs and not picking up a single thing. I finally just gave up on my monk cuase they require to much gold to play properly so please make sure you tell people this requires hundreds of millions of gold to accomplish.
Reply Quote
My gear cost about 600M this is no budget build
Reply Quote
For all yall !@#$%s that think firestorm and DR are better than my skill choices. I am waiting for your 110M exp/ hr vids.

Thx
Reply Quote
Dude relax. no1 is insulting your epeen. go research d3fans forums and other blogspots to see how DR is a clear winner. foresight buffed SW is > than stopping to FOT. you never should stop to FOT. never let SW fall off -every time it's refreshed it continues the buffed DPS screenshot from the original application. SSS nukes elites.I do understand your resisitance to drop dashing strike-I get it. just sayin

The firestorm/bladestorm preferance is based on your current ability to fly thru packs ONCE without backtracking. the logic is outlined 4 replies up.

I deleted dxtory when I stopped making vids a while ago. nothing in D3 atm constitutes a video. no skill, just gear based AH sim.
Reply Quote
Dude relax. no1 is insulting your epeen. go research d3fans forums and other blogspots to see how DR is a clear winner. foresight buffed SW is > than stopping to FOT. you never should stop to FOT. never let SW fall off -every time it's refreshed it continues the buffed DPS screenshot from the original application. SSS nukes elites.I do understand your resisitance to drop dashing strike-I get it. just sayin

The firestorm/bladestorm preferance is based on your current ability to fly thru packs ONCE without backtracking. the logic is outlined 4 replies up.

I deleted dxtory when I stopped making vids a while ago. nothing in D3 atm constitutes a video. no skill, just gear based AH sim.

No skill? your misguided views on the proper build constitutes lack of skill. I have given a million good reasons for every one of my skill choices and the sheep dont care. Sure firestorm one punches everything you run through, but watch my video maybe, instead of being a !@#$ing sheep, and you will see how I just run STRAIGHT LINES through huge packs with cyclone instead of zigzagging. Do you have any idea how much time that saves?

As for DR, its an extra damage buff, which is normally good cuz damage costs money. As you can see, I have damage, and actually need thunderclap + cyclone to kill elites. DR would take 3 times as long to kill anything. You suggesting that I TR+SW around every elite pack is !@#$ing retarded.

I cant improve my exp/hr with your suggestions, so why do it? [yes i have tried extensively, with different, optimized gear. your build is worse than mine, for sure].
because the noobs with way worse gear than me need to compromise? !@#$ that

like I said, do it better, do it faster, until then you are just blowing smoke.
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 12/14/2012 8:33 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]