Diablo® III

[Video] Tempest Rush Monk - 100M exp/hr

your inability to recognize SSS as an elite 1 shotter while using DR foresight to buff TR says it all. Furthermore, your idea that DR is used to kill elites is laughable. you clearly need to research a little more before making a video then calling out others that kindly offer helpful suggestions. clearcut case of taking suggestions as direct epeen insults. get over yourself
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Technoviking
your inability to recognize SSS as an elite 1 shotter while using DR foresight to buff TR says it all. Furthermore, your idea that DR is used to kill elites is laughable. you clearly need to research a little more before making a video then calling out others that kindly offer helpful suggestions. clearcut case of taking suggestions as direct epeen insults. get over yourself

A disadvantage of using foresight and SSS is that you will often have it on cooldown(especially in his 4 minute runs). I think the OP recognizes that and his DPS is high enough that FoT is working out better.
Edited by hampster#1586 on 12/14/2012 8:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
No skill? your misguided views on the proper build constitutes lack of skill. I have given a million good reasons for every one of my skill choices and the sheep dont care.
Bro, I've been Tempest Rushing before you even knew what that ability was. I've been working on this before Druin ever thought it was possible, let alone write up a guide for it. Compared to me, you're like a kid trying to tell older people what's up.

Techno is 100% correct and just a page or so ago, I did the test that you wanted me to. Blade Storm produced more XP/hr than Cyclone. Fire Storm produced equally good results for the reasons that we both listed.

We're not sheep because we're promoting Fire/Blade Storm, it's you that's the sheep because you can't stop your reliance on Druin. Let me tell ya, back on PTR, Druin didn't even think this build was possible and didn't know how to build TR, neither on items or build. He asked Blizzard to buff it to be like Barbarians due to that lack of knowledge.
you will see how I just run STRAIGHT LINES through huge packs with cyclone instead of zigzagging.

You're missing a lot of mobs on the video that I wouldn't have missed at all, and I would have done it with the same time and that's with lower DPS. You bought into Druin's Cyclone killing mobs off-screen thing which is totally wrong and nobody I know believes that.
I cant improve my exp/hr with your suggestions, so why do it?
What we're telling you is the blueprint for more Exp/hr. You can't get any more XP/hr right now, but there are ways to get it even higher but you are missing the big fundamentals and if you can't understand that then you can't help yourself but wait until Druin figures it out.
You suggesting that I TR+SW around every elite pack is !@#$ing retarded.
He's not suggesting that. He's recommending SSS for the same exact reasons I recommend it. It kills elite packs instataneously, or near instantaneously. For low monster power, there's really nothing better.

Speaking of monster power, your build is gimped due to Dashing Strike. There's no way It'll compete with my build which works in MP3 and beyond. That's because I keep the basics in mind when I select my abilities depending on what I'm doing. On low MP, it doesn't really matter what you select, if DS is your thing, and you can make it slightly faster than good for you. But damage-wise, it's sub-optimal.

I wanted to address DR:Foresight and BF:FITL. It's snapshot DPS is a neat 'trick' but it's merely a trick and nothing more. On my optimal build, there's no reason to use these DPS buffs b/c it's already naturally very high. I suppose that since it's a spirit generator, it's a matter of preference. I use FoT:TC simply b/c it's faster attack speed is good for a 2H and TC is good for obvious reasons.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
whats your total spirit regen on this build?
Reply Quote
Rofl at saying your build is better cuz you can go to mp3+

what is the point of this? You will get less loot and less exp.

You both have no clue what you are talking about and that's why you completely lack results.

Stick to making your act 1 tr vids with no tailwind, since thats all you were doing "before me"
Reply Quote
Sss is on cd for more than every second pack. It is a waste. How is it not on cd for you all the time? It is a budget skill for monks with not enough damage or lifesteal
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 12:04 PMPosted by hal8999
whats your total spirit regen on this build?

11.5 ish
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Seaboots
Sss is on cd for more than every second pack. It is a waste. How is it not on cd for you all the time? It is a budget skill for monks with not enough damage or lifesteal

lol at your claim of SSS being a "budget Monk skill" for sub par DPS/Lifesteal lacking Monks. I farm as fast as you, have the same DPS, didn't spend a billion on gear and don't crutch on LS. You are getting more absurd with each post. LS ISN'T NEEDED for mp0 paragon farming monks. Investing in pickup radius on 1 or 2 pieces of gear is ALL that is needed to sustain. Health globes are abundant with everything melting in 1 pass. LS or LOH is a bonus. Avoiding LS/LOH items and focusing on maxing DPS allows you to farm just as effectively w/out spending a billion on gear.

SSS will be on CD eventually when farming at this rate. A couple ticks of submission coupled with a 3 stack SW tick kills them bro.
Reply Quote

lol at your claim of SSS being a "budget Monk skill" for sub par DPS/Lifesteal lacking Monks. I farm as fast as you, have the same DPS, didn't spend a billion on gear and don't crutch on LS. You are getting more absurd with each post. LS ISN'T NEEDED for mp0 paragon farming monks. Investing in pickup radius on 1 or 2 pieces of gear is ALL that is needed to sustain. Health globes are abundant with everything melting in 1 pass. LS or LOH is a bonus. Avoiding LS/LOH items and focusing on maxing DPS allows you to farm just as effectively w/out spending a billion on gear.

SSS will be on CD eventually when farming at this rate. A couple ticks of submission coupled with a 3 stack SW tick kills them bro.

You farm as fast as me? I dont believe it for a second. Make a video of you breaking even 90M exp/hr and I will believe you. I bet you cant. seriously.

I have logged my exp in multiple, multiple runs with every possible build and mine is the best by far.

We are probably going to have to agree to disagree here, at least until one of you guys can step up and use your build as effectively as I use mine.

BTW, thanks for actually having gear techno. Speedforce is coming at me from a pure theory standpoint, which would be fine if he wasn't completely wrong. At least you know what its like to use your build
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 12/14/2012 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Seaboots
Rofl at saying your build is better cuz you can go to mp3+

What are you laughing at? I can use my build to MP3+ when I need to do fast key runs and in order to do that, I need higher damage output than using your Dashing Strike would provide (which is none)
You both have no clue what you are talking about and that's why you completely lack results.
You're a TR noob. Like I said, I've been working on this build all the way as far back as Month 1 when we were using it to gold farm. By the way, my XP per hour is actually superior to yours b/c my run is more efficient, but I don't really have anything to prove. There's no need to make a video for that crap.
Stick to making your act 1 tr vids with no tailwind, since thats all you were doing "before me"
When I made that video, I demonstrated mastery of the skills, runes and passives that are laid out for Monks. I made two seperate videos, one for Inferno showing it's possible that you can use it to kill and not die and one in Hell, showing the optimal build where you use Tailwind with infinite regen and max movement speed.

Druin had no idea wtf he was talking about, he did not know the skills, build, items, etc. Frankly many people back then didn't even know.

I made the videos that way to show proof of concept, do you know what that means? It means that I wanted to show that it was possible for this spec to work with the right gear and the right stats. It wasn't about which act it was, what DPS it was, what difficulty it was. This was like FOUR MONTHS ago bro. I knew THAT much about TR FOUR months ago, now you want to come in here and act all high and mighty with your RMAH gear and talk down to me like you've been playing the spec for the past half year? GTFO of here you insult the talented Monks that made this spec possible.

Now fast forward to 1.0.5, I made another video showing Inferno mode Act 3 speedfarming which popularized the build even more. It brought to light insta-kill SSS which many people acknowledge the use of, except you apparently. Not only that, but the use of LS Skorns was not known, and Druin quickly traded up his EF for one of these shortly after I posted my video. All the other "top gear" that he lists in his guide were used in my video, my video used the cheap versions of those items.

We're still learning more about TR and nothing is complete right now. More optimizations are needed and we're working on more XP/hr but it doesn't help that you are throwing a fit and throwing your ego around all because what we say is contrary to the gospel of Druin, who, by all rights is a TR noob to those of us that have been running it all this time.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 12/14/2012 1:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
@technoviking

I use the same "budget" skill because I can't find an amulet like Seaboots. That said I agree that you don't need LS, just a lot of DPS if you only plan on TR farming mp0.

One thing I am curious of, I don't see a hellfire ring on your profile... how do you match seaboots without the 35% xp boost?

@seaboots

Sick, sick, sick amulet... If I had your amulet I might try to do something more similar.

That said, I'm interested in the testing you did with other builds. Do you have any data you'd be willing to share? It would be interesting to understand the magnitude of how much the cyclone/dashing beats inner storm/SSS or other builds.

Either way thanks for your contribution on a godly fast farming build for monks.

@speedforce

Wow, you're kidding right? Don't take this the wrong way, but if you spent half as much time playing and gearing your monk as you supposedly do "working on this build" people would take you more seriously.

Can you back up your xp/hr claim? Given that most agree the Alkaiser/Kaho routes are some of the most efficient and seaboots is using the latter, please share your route. I would love to know how you can compensate for only having 60k DPS and no hellfire, yet still beat seaboots xp/hr.
Reply Quote
I assure you I can farm as effectively as you seaboots. I don't even have a hellfire ring just a crap off stat strength 21% leorics that I swap for kill streak zones. I have my routes down with no backtracking and townportal relocations at proper density breaks. I barely find motivation to play in the game's current state-I'm not gonna put effort into making a video to prove my claim's legit. My intention with my original post here was to offer a more efficient playstyle not argue whose is better.
Reply Quote
Is it just me or is gearing properly for the build extremely expensive?
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Technoviking
I assure you I can farm as effectively as you seaboots. I don't even have a hellfire ring just a crap off stat strength 21% leorics that I swap for kill streak zones. I have my routes down with no backtracking and townportal relocations at proper density breaks. I barely find motivation to play in the game's current state-I'm not gonna put effort into making a video to prove my claim's legit. My intention with my original post here was to offer a more efficient playstyle not argue whose is better.

cool story bro. i dont see why you thought that would convince me, or anyone else

What are you laughing at? I can use my build to MP3+ when I need to do fast key runs and in order to do that, I need higher damage output than using your Dashing Strike would provide (which is none)

laughing cuz you are farming keys in mp3. Do a dual wield build in mp8. you have more than enough spirit to TR between packs with no special build or gear.

As for not using DS cuz you need dps, well you need higher damage output cuz your gear sucks. damage comes from gear. dashes across the screen and 25% movespeed comes from one skill only
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 12/14/2012 2:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
That said, I'm interested in the testing you did with other builds. Do you have any data you'd be willing to share? It would be interesting to understand the magnitude of how much the cyclone/dashing beats inner storm/SSS or other builds.

I dont keep excel sheets like Druin, but the reason I know my build is superior is because I was doing this run with every other possible build for days and could never crack 100M exp/hr. Now I am doing it consistently. That's all i need to see.

The skills that are most efficient for you will be based on your gear. If you get optimal gear like me, you can use my optimal skills. Else, you will be making compromises like SSS or DR. Like speedforce just said, he cant use DS cuz he doesnt have enough damage
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 12/14/2012 2:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
To bad it cost you 4 billion in gear.
Reply Quote
Can you back up your xp/hr claim?

Yes I could.
Given that most agree the Alkaiser/Kaho routes are some of the most efficient and seaboots is using the latter, please share your route.

So you could steal it from me and claim it's yours, then talk down to me because you have better stuff? No thanks. I already put out relevant data that most people skipped over.
I would love to know how you can compensate for only having 60k DPS and no hellfire, yet still beat seaboots xp/hr.

I have 88k DPS, I don't have hellfire at the moment, but I do have two Leoric's.
Is it just me or is gearing properly for the build extremely expensive?

It's not. But I suppose that is what people think after seeing such people's videos. My videos were for more humble origins (even the 61k dps one) but people ignored it. Not my fault you guys pay attention to only the top geared.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 12/14/2012 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Monk >>>>>

btw - mp5 keyrun 5 min~

http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/Gruul-2516/hero/2519316
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 02:51 PMPosted by afr0puff
To bad it cost you 4 billion in gear.

600M in gear bro. Still expensive as !@#$
Reply Quote
Can you back up your xp/hr claim?

Yes I could.

how much exp/hr do you claim to get, and how are you backing it up.

I am always willing to learn or improve, your ideas so far have just done nothing to improve my xp/hr
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]