Diablo® III

[Video] Tempest Rush Monk - 100M exp/hr

12/14/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Seaboots
That said, I'm interested in the testing you did with other builds. Do you have any data you'd be willing to share? It would be interesting to understand the magnitude of how much the cyclone/dashing beats inner storm/SSS or other builds.

I dont keep excel sheets like Druin, but the reason I know my build is superior is because I was doing this run with every other possible build for days and could never crack 100M exp/hr. Now I am doing it consistently. That's all i need to see.

The skills that are most efficient for you will be based on your gear. If you get optimal gear like me, you can use my optimal skills. Else, you will be making compromises like SSS or DR. Like speedforce just said, he cant use DS cuz he doesnt have enough damage

Makes sense. I agree that it is gear dependent, but I've already worked hard to get the gear that I have. Just trying to weight the cost vs benefit. No worries though.

12/14/2012 02:51 PMPosted by speedforce
Can you back up your xp/hr claim?

Yes I could.
Given that most agree the Alkaiser/Kaho routes are some of the most efficient and seaboots is using the latter, please share your route.

So you could steal it from me and claim it's yours, then talk down to me because you have better stuff? No thanks. I already put out relevant data that most people skipped over.
I would love to know how you can compensate for only having 60k DPS and no hellfire, yet still beat seaboots xp/hr.

I have 88k DPS, I don't have hellfire at the moment, but I do have two Leoric's.

I'm not trying to be rude, but here seaboots puts out a nice video and shares with the community how he does it and all you do is rip him. That's cool that you have made some cool discoveries. If you don't share them, how do you expect to get credit for them?
Reply Quote
Is this usable in higher mp?
Reply Quote
I'm not trying to be rude, but here seaboots puts out a nice video and shares with the community how he does it and all you do is rip him.
I'm ripping him because he's ripping me. That's all and ever was to it.
If you don't share them, how do you expect to get credit for them?

I didn't share them? LOL
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6758727222?page=2#35
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6758727222?page=2#31
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6758727222?page=4#65

https://www.youtube.com/user/shuyin131/videos?view=0

I posted all of those videos on the forum and the Monk ones went to Monk discussion. You saying that I didn't share? I shared plenty. But like I said, people are only interested in seeing the top geared players. You can't blame me for not sharing anything if you didn't pay attention to it.

Not Seaboots build, no. Hell no.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 12/14/2012 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
@speedforce

Hey dude, sorry just haven't seen much of your posts. It's a shame, but sadly the forums give more credibility to players with better gear. Not that it's right, just what I see as well.

Nice vid, btw.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 03:37 PMPosted by chancesz

in higher mp you are better off using a standard dual wield build and simply TRing between packs as the elites have enough hp to refresh your spirit.

If you wanted to do this in higher mp you would need more EHP and to spend time running in circles killing the mobs which defeats the purpose of the fast run speed
Reply Quote
@speedforce The vids you linked are no where near as fast as the OP's. I'm a bit confused why everyone is so close minded about their builds.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 03:44 PMPosted by speedforce
I'm ripping him because he's ripping me. That's all and ever was to it.

im not ripping you, you are just wrong and everyone reading needs to know it.

12/14/2012 03:44 PMPosted by speedforce
But like I said, people are only interested in seeing the top geared players.

people are interested in seeing efficiency. If you could get more exp than anyone on a small budget your video would be way more popular than mine. All you did was stack spirit regen on !@#$ty gear and run around doing no damage.
Reply Quote
im not here to convince any1 of anything seeboots. I posted here to have a TR conversation. You just keep posting trying to prove that you > rest at paragon lvling and take offense when others offer better skills. your unwilling to let go of your beloved FOT.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 04:32 PMPosted by hampster
@speedforce The vids you linked are no where near as fast as the OP's. I'm a bit confused why everyone is so close minded about their builds.

Of course not. I used my basic stuff to show how the build has progressed since I last posted that A1 and Hell video. Back then, nobody even thought you could take it into Inferno at all. It was purely used for running to the next elite fight.

At present, I have 88k dps now and can 1-shot trash and elites on MP0-1. I'm about to get a Hellfire Ring (2 actually) and I recently found 2 Leoric's signets. I have not made an updated video and don't really have any future plans to.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Technoviking
im not here to convince any1 of anything seeboots. I posted here to have a TR conversation. You just keep posting trying to prove that you > rest at paragon lvling and take offense when others offer better skills. your unwilling to let go of your beloved FOT.

except that the skills you offer are demonstrably worse
Reply Quote
Tried TR with a budget inna set and gear from my dh+barb. Cyclone absolutely murders everything in large packs, but small ones tend to have only around 5-60% casualty rate with 1 trip through them.

Had a 5.5% nat ring laying around, with the 2 piece nat bonus and scoundrel cc is 56%. Even with 2 pieces having extra AS that increase tr cost(lacuni, gloves), cyclones do not reliably spawn when running through 5-10 monsters. Dps is 200k, ehp terrible but isn't a problem since reflect elites die in 1 serenity. I'll @!%#@*!* around a bit more tomorrow with conviction instead of healing. Gotta find a way to level up monk before pvp hits :).
Edited by Draba#2568 on 12/15/2012 6:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Finally see something match up to WW
Reply Quote
Tried TR with a budget inna set and gear from my dh+barb. Cyclone absolutely murders everything in large packs, but small ones tend to have only around 5-60% casualty rate with 1 trip through them.

Had a 5.5% nat ring laying around, with the 2 piece nat bonus and scoundrel cc is 56%. Even with 2 pieces having extra AS that increase tr cost(lacuni, gloves), cyclones do not reliably spawn when running through 5-10 monsters. Dps is 200k, ehp terrible but isn't a problem since reflect elites die in 1 serenity. I'll @!%#@*!* around a bit more tomorrow with conviction instead of healing. Gotta find a way to level up monk before pvp hits :).

very very important to use MoC - submission.
Reply Quote
nice :) i will start doing this thanz!
bump ^~^
Reply Quote
That's quite possibly the most fun build to play in the game.

I love tempest rush but don't have the gear to make it worthwhile.
Reply Quote
That's quite possibly the most fun build to play in the game.

I love tempest rush but don't have the gear to make it worthwhile.

That is some bad gear! you will need a little bit more gold, but I highly recommend this guide, particularly the budget part, for doing a TR build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199912895?page=1
Reply Quote
12/15/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Draba
but small ones tend to have only around 5-60% casualty rate with 1 trip through them.

FYI, its obviously better to kill them on the first trip through, but in general for small packs (~5 fallen ones for example) if you dont kill them the first time through it is not worth it from an exp/hr point of view to go back for a second pass.
Reply Quote
I'm wearing my tempest rush build right now if anyone cares to check it out. Pretty solid on MP-0. Havent done any stats on exp/hour though.
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Majes
I'm wearing my tempest rush build right now if anyone cares to check it out. Pretty solid on MP-0. Havent done any stats on exp/hour though.

Try using faith in the light instead of serenity, and firestorm instead of bladestorm

as for gear, you would do well to get some crit chance on the xeph, dex on the bracers and all resist on the shoulders, but I'm sure you already knew that. Awesome soj btw
Reply Quote
At what point did you make the switch to Dashing Strike? I feel like my DPS is fairly high but with current build I am still having to do a more zigzag pattern to get a one-shot on non-scorpion mobs. Also, how often do you actually use it and how vital do you think it is to your achieving such a high xp/hr? It seems like our mobility with this build is already so high that the added 'pounces' might be somewhat wasted?

I'm currently in the market for a Xeph ammy but I don't have a crazy budget to work with so I have to take my time. Do you think there is anything I could do more short term either to skills or gear choice that would give me a jump on my xp/hr?

Fwiw, I'm currently managing 50-55 with the Druin route. Maybe a bit higher now as I've made some upgrades since tracking but I would say definitely not over 65/hr. Anyway, any advice you can give would be helpful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]