Diablo® III

Blizzard help with Language error

Can somebody from Blizzard please help me out?

When I go the official battlenet website it says the following:

In certain regions, the retail version of Diablo III is restricted to local languages. These retail versions are permanently locked to their intended language. For example, a player using a Russian retail version of Diablo III will not be able to change their language settings to play in English. Their copy of Diablo III is permanently locked to Russian. Countries and regions with special retail versions of Diablo III are listed on the Retail Editions table. Players in those regions who purchase the digital version from Battle.net will be able to change their game client’s language without restriction.

Based on the context I understand (Players in those regions who purchase the digital version from Battle.net will be able to change their game client’s language without restriction.)

I purchased (with war cards) the game "digital version"...........I hope an employee from Blizzard can help me out.....I tried everything

* Downloaded zhtw diablo 3 version, then changed to English language, then it downloaded the english pack, but it mumbles about the "native language issue"
* Then I thought perhaps it's because I'm on the Asian server, so I switch to an US/EU region, that also gives me the same issue
* Then I though, to exclude it's a client issue, I have asked my friend to login with his EU account, he is from the Netherlands, he was able to login without issues
* I changed the realmlist, but issue persist
* I changed the agent.db, but issue persist
* I removed all ZHTW things, but issue persist
* I removed the battle.net folder but issue persist

Then I finally decided to remove the entire game, flush all the folders, clean the entire registry of any left overs

Then I downloaded the enGB version
* Then I switched to English, issue persist

Blizzard, can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong. The website "clearly" indicates that digital versions "should" not have "restrictions". I assume I'm just doing something wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]