Diablo® III

Just did Keep Depths 2

Wasn't going to, and I hear a lot of people skip it on inferno. But that's not the spirit. 2 packs of 8 maniacs each, didn't know they could even go that high. One aggro'd all 8 at once. Feels good.
Reply Quote
Like (Y)
Reply Quote
They skip it? I'm farming Skycrown-Stone Fort-Depths with both barb and WD. The maniacs aren't that bad, even though they can surprise you at times. But I try to build my heroes so that they can take at least two hits from them and not die.
Reply Quote
All public games I join they do depths 2, 3 and ghom...

But 8 fallen maniacs at once? How much buffed EHP is necessary to survive that? ( Assuming they explode ).
Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 12/12/2012 2:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
I don't do Keep depths 2. 8 packs are only uncommon, not rare. I have about 2.2M ehp buffed, and I doubt I'd survive all 8 blowing up at once.

Basically, a 3 second lag spike in that area could potentially kill me, so I don't do it. It's bad policy.
Reply Quote
I don't skip. I punch through the maniac waves and their balloon corpses fly and ricochet off the walls.
Reply Quote
I'll do it in my progression runs, but only once, then i'll never go back.
Reply Quote
If you don't do keeps 2 you are doing something wrong. Keeps 2 is worth more paragon exp than core 1+2 and I find most of my legendaries are set items there. The monster density makes it by far the best area the in the game.

The maniacs are far to easy to prevent from exploding my any type of CC.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 06:16 AMPosted by FatZero
If you don't do keeps 2 you are doing something wrong. Keeps 2 is worth more paragon exp than core 1+2 and I find most of my legendaries are set items there. The monster density makes it by far the best area the in the game.

Yes. If you move quickly, you can rack up some amazing massacre bonuses there.
Reply Quote

But 8 fallen maniacs at once? How much buffed EHP is necessary to survive that? ( Assuming they explode ).

You don't sit there and let them explode on you... you either kill them, or run away until they explode.
Reply Quote
I always include keeps 2 in my run, hard to pass up. Although I tend to always have either an arrow or lightning ball in front of me just in case. Only close call I had was against a knockback frozen pack where I was knocked back and when I landed the frozen thing exploded and of course I was knocked towards a group of fallen maniacs. My heart started racing when I saw them light up and start coming to me while I could do nothing because I was frozen. Luckily it was only 3 of them. 2 exploded at once bringing me to 1/4 hp and just then I unfroze, I was spamming potion and luckily managed to heal up just as the third guy exploded. My heart stopped for a minute there lol. But I mean, that is like as bad as it gets and I made it through, so I still go. For melee classes though it might be worth skipping because if you don't have significant enough damage and mitigation then you will likely be running whenever you see them and waiting them out to explode, which is just too time consuming.
Reply Quote
View profile
I always go in there, unless I'm doing a key run with higher MP, or someone in party doesn't want to go in there.
Reply Quote

roughly 900k or so assuming fairly good armor/resist.My sorc would die in 3hit from those with only 300k; they hit me for about 20-25k with 700 res and 4k armor.
Edited by Asura#1611 on 12/12/2012 9:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
On my cleave/rend 2 hdr Barb the only concern is when the maniacs are stacked unseen at the back of the room with a lot of white mobs and an elite pack crowding the door. Entering that room, seeing them back there and being surrounded by other mobs can really get your heart racing. The best advice for melee versus maniacs is to be aggressive with them and cut them down fast. If you can't get to them fast, run away like bold Sir Robin in the Search for the Holy Grail.

On a WD they are ridiculously easy to kill before they even think about getting near you, so I would never skip keeps 2 on a WD
Reply Quote
Seriously it's not that hard, especially when you have a monk/wd with you. You just need to play accordingly. Expect the maniacs everywhere, you'll be fine.

I never use serenity, but I except in this level and multiple times too! (I like tanking multiple maniacs while under serenity hehe)
Reply Quote
i love the keep depths myself, spooky down there...

those maniacs keep a lot out- Ive even had a group waiting in the first room as I entered the portal, that was fun

sounds like you had a doozy of 'em
Reply Quote
i skip it.. its not that they're hard. its that you cant be dc resistant to them, any spikes or lag = game over
Reply Quote
Keeps 2 is a great level spot for paragon, personally I would skip it if I was barb/monk only because I am terrible with melee classes, but ranged I clear them with wiz/WD, WD can Even survive a bad hit of them with SV.
Reply Quote
Yeah, though the wiz's I ran had blizzard/hydra so I could deal with them easily. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]