Diablo® III

Need a little help please

What am I doing wrong? I have lost 2 characters to nekerat in nightmare. One of them, my demon hunter, actually killed diablo and made and i was farming act 4 bc hell was a little too difficult. should i be farming different areas or using monster power more. Im just sad that another 18ish hours are gone all because of a keywarden that, in my opinion, has no business in any difficulty other than inferno. they drop no keys, or plans, and are just there to make me go insane. i swear, this time, nekerat didnt take any damage once i got him halfway.
Reply Quote
yea he's tough. That area fire attack he does eats hp fast, and his debuff that reduces healing by 75% makes pots/regen/LoH/LS useless. I don't like silverspire1 just cus he's somewhere there :P

I lured him to the entrance of the map when I was able to. When he got me to ~half hp I just left the map, tp'd to town and got healed there, then went back at him until I was at half hp again, repeat. Otherwise I had to stun and run until the debuff wore off, pot, then hack at him again. Overgear and take it super slow when you're planning to get past him.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 10:26 PMPosted by FourStrings
should i be farming different areas

Yeah. You should never farm A4 unless you're looking for the uber machine plans. Really, A1 hell is safer than nm A4, and you'll get more exp.

RIP and good luck.
Reply Quote
Should I be leveling differently? like running acts again with monster power? Im justlost bc my friends dont play hardcore, and im only getting info from krips videos.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 10:56 PMPosted by FourStrings
Should I be leveling differently? like running acts again with monster power? Im justlost bc my friends dont play hardcore, and im only getting info from krips videos.

I guess it depends on how you're playing. If you're using the AH, you probably don't need to repeat any content.

It might be worthwhile to try to get a WD or barb to lvl 60 to farm items/gold. They are the easiest HC classes to play on a budget. It looks like you've been trying to level a DH as your main, which is awesome, but also hard.
Reply Quote
my dh just died today, right before i made this post. I am not using the ah.
Reply Quote
One thing I can suggest if you want to level a DH for the first time is to have both Caltrops and Vault. You don't need Smoke Screen until you reach inferno, unless you have problem with avoiding Frozen, then you can sacrifice Shadow Power for Smoke Screen.

Caltrops and vault should make things easier for you. To be more conservative, the passives you should get are Tactical Advantage, Numbing traps and Archery.

Are you doing any MP? For first timer, you should play at MP0, take your time and do not rush things. Lastly, Kormac and your piggy are your best friends!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]