Diablo® III

Anybody else gear with DPS:EHP ratio in mind?

12/12/2012 01:09 PMPosted by scrapz
I can farm mp3-5 almost as effectively as most people can farm 0-1

You can spend 20-30 mil for a TR build and be playing Mp0 and i can tell you from experience, i find better loot at MP 0 than i did at higher Mp level in over 1k hrs on my monk... MP level doesn't mean squat all... Since every item can roll level 63 affixes...

The way of glass cannon is long gone after the release of 1.05. With the way PvP will work(no idea when it's coming out) and it's dps matching system. Guess who will be winning those fights?

Like i said, save your golds until the time comes... An item that you bought 100mil now will be worth 50mil in a couple of months time...

Chasing high DPS leads to wasting a ton of money,

It will make your farming quicker and it's not a bad thing atm...
Reply Quote
Do it right and do it right the first time.

I made this mistakes pre 1.06, in anticipation that increasing MP level increase your rewards as Blizz put it, cough, cough... Guess what? no one farms in mp 10, to put it quite frankly, you got to be a noob to be farming in MP 10... This is more for an e-peen status and yes, i can run MP10 with my other gears in my stash but why would i? since MP0-1 is the most efficient... Why upgrade your gears now when its going to be worthless in a couple of months times...

I don't know if this is for e-peen, since I'm not doing this for ego. Part of what I enjoy about Diablo is that the challenges that each level gives you, and being able to pwn MP10 would be one of my goals in this game. I'm not sure if I would enjoy the game if all I do is grind lower levels for gold and loot. In that way, I have much better things to do with my time. I think this is all how each player values different aspects, and what they have created with D3 and the different MP levels is that they have changed the way that we play the game, even though the core of the game hasn't changed since it first dropped.

For me, I think being able to run MP10 for the challenge would be nice, and this opens the door for flexibility to choosing the "kind" of pace and game you want to play - from MP0 through MP10 and gearing according to what you want to accomplish (loot farming vs. XP farming, vs. key farms vs. playing higher levels for the challenge). It can create different games within a game. Speaking of which, I think it'd be interesting if we could find a way to do some kind of an D3-amazing-race kinda thing, but I digress. :)

In any case, this whole discussion about HP/Armor/Resists is fascinating and I'm just reading the differing points of view with great interest. Thanks to all so far who have offered your views! Keep the discussion going! :)
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 12/12/2012 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
550 AR, 5000 armor, 35-40k HP w/125k DPs is NOT facetanking all mp10 content

My toon is way beyond that, and I still have issues at times

Don't L2P me, I'm working on my epic lvl 60 HC monk now
Reply Quote
Also there are 5 slots that really make up the majority of your dps.

Rings, Ammy and weapons.

EHP/mitigation stats should never be stacked on weapons..

Rings carry hardly any EHP stats besides maybe like a few points of resist.

Amulet - well, mine always has vit and a little resist on it. High cd/cc/avg damage are already expensive, adding in a resist will only cost a little more..

So you're going to gear the rest of your slots badly just to save money for months? I highly doubt the majority of the players will do that
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/12/2012 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote

that was an L2P for Ace, not you.
so maybe its a L2Read for you, lol. :p

550/5500/40/125k is facetanking all game contents for me.
I forgot to say ~500 LoH, 2.9 LS.

then again I have 2.65 attack speed, and stun/freeze status effects, so. :>
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 12/12/2012 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

You can spend 20-30 mil for a TR build and be playing Mp0 and i can tell you from experience, i find better loot at MP 0 than i did at higher Mp level in over 1k hrs on my monk... MP level doesn't mean squat all... Since every item can roll level 63 affixes...

If I roll mp3 as efficient as you roll mp1, then whats the difference? Are you telling me it's less beneficial for me to have say 50 more mf? I know mp level doesn't do anything for drops which is why I still farm mp1.

Also you have a misconception about pricing and when PvP is released.. With fewer people playing nowadays, less good loot is being dropped. This isn't asia, where you have millions of people playing in addition to botters.

How many top tier items will be snatched up by that time and how much will be available when PvP is released? I know even at this time it takes me a good week or 2 of searching to find a miniscule upgrade.

When PvP is released, prices will skyrocket on top tier gear that may or may not be available.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/12/2012 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

that was an L2P for Ace, not you.
so this is an L2Read for you, lol. :p

550/5500/40/125k is facetanking all game contents for me.
I forgot to say ~500 LoH, 2.9 LS.

then again I have 2.65 attack speed, and stun/freeze status effects, so. :>

yup, speed factor so much into your sustain..
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 01:20 PMPosted by maximus

actually mp0 doesnt roll ilvl 63 affixes.. only when monster power is enables do they all roll ilvl 63 affixes.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 01:39 PMPosted by scrapz
I know even at this time it takes me a good week or 2 of searching to find a miniscule upgrade.

So true.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 01:39 PMPosted by scrapz
f I roll mp3 as efficient as you roll mp1, then whats the difference?

How can you be more efficient when HP of monster increases as you raise the MP levels?There's no way you're more efficient running MP3 compared to Mp 1...

Also you have a misconception about pricing and when PvP is released.. With fewer people playing nowadays, less good loot is being dropped.

How can it be? when Blizz increase the rate drops and more botters are playing.. The only way prices are going is down...

12/12/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Tarzan
actually mp0 doesnt roll ilvl 63 affixes.. only when monster power is enables do they all roll ilvl 63 affixes.

There was a couple of threads in the main forum regarding this topic and as long as you do act 3 than all items will roll level 63 affixes...
Edited by maximus#1400 on 12/12/2012 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Lordraahl

Nothing wrong with excess gearing.
Reply Quote
Lordstaahl,

I was preemptively referring to a potential L2P rebuttal, not any you had already typed. Therefore it wasn't a L2read situation, how naive of me to not include a preemptive L2Read defense as well
Reply Quote
@Lordraahl

Nothing wrong with excess gearing.

well no, but imo it diminishes the Challenge factor.
facerolling everywhere gets boring fast once you're tired of mindless farming. >;(
I wanna kill things fast enough, but still long enough to enjoy the thrill of the chase... ;D

for me, an end goal of 150k dps is the sweet spot, that way you still take enough time in MP10, while able to kill everything else fast.

Lordstaahl,

I was preemptively referring to a potential L2P rebuttal, not any you had already typed. Therefore it wasn't a L2read situation, how naive of me to not include a preemptive L2Read defense as well

Oh, my bad. :o

yea, that's why sometimes I use --------------------
to prevent confusions.

-------------------

;D
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 12/12/2012 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
mp10 still takes to long w/ 200+ imo
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 02:11 PMPosted by maximus

How can you be more efficient when HP of monster increases as you raise the MP levels?There's no way you're more efficient running MP3 compared to Mp 1...

Read again:

if I roll mp3 as fast as YOU (not you, but could be anyone in general) roll mp1, then whats the difference?

Again not everyone cares about the most efficient route. After grinding to paragon 93, alk runs are getting stale.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Azakiah
mp10 still takes to long w/ 200+ imo

don't understand why people keep saying this. We all know mp10 is inefficient but it's a benchmark for your toon to be able to survive and kill mp10 ubers. The majority of the population cannot.

You could say it's my flopping my e-peen but I'd probably destroy you in pvp with your 600 vit and 460res. I didn't count the vit from your weapon because well, yeah.. :D
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 02:11 PMPosted by maximus

Scrapz already pointed out that you misread what he said ... but it's also possible to just as efficient at MP3 as you are at MP1.

The limiting factor in efficiency is time it takes to kill something. If you overgear the content enough that you one shot everything on MP 3 as well as MP 1, then you're running it just as efficiently. Not that that is necessarily the case with Scrapz, but you get the idea (I have no idea how he farms =) ).
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Piffle
but it's also possible to just as efficient at MP3 as you are at MP1.

I can tell you now , i dont one shot everything at mp3... I'm at around 180k unbuff and if i buff my dps with combination strikes with 3 primary atatcks than my dps is at 270k and you still dont one shot elites... Again, MP1 will always be more efficient than mp 3...
Reply Quote
e-fish-shun-see is all an illusion.
Once you're satisfied with your gains and progress,
you look for the next step in gaming pro-ism,
which is Challenge. :>

btw, nice Serenity rune maximus, now we talkin'! >;)
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 03:39 PMPosted by LordRaahl
btw, nice Serenity rune maximus, now we talkin'! >;)

Actually, that's the rune i use for the TR build, ya know, a mini SSS... Forget to change it to accession rune...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]