Diablo® III

Anybody else gear with DPS:EHP ratio in mind?

12/12/2012 03:22 PMPosted by maximus
but it's also possible to just as efficient at MP3 as you are at MP1.

I can tell you now , i dont one shot everything at mp3... I'm at around 180k unbuff and if i buff my dps with combination strikes with 3 primary atatcks than my dps is at 270k and you still dont one shot elites... Again, MP1 will always be more efficient than mp 3...

Some people take 20 mins to clear a alk run and to them that is efficient . Some people take 7 mins, to them that's efficient. I take about 11 mins on mp3 vs 7 on mp1. I still farm it effectively compared to the majority of the population.

I'll tell you what the difference between you and me is. I can effectively farm higher mps whereas you would !@#$ punch yourself 1 time against a group of elites and die.

So back to the original topic of this thread about gearing ratio for DPS:EHP.
Reply Quote
I'll assume the gear in your profile are worn in disguise,
because Idk how you would farm higher MPs with just 60k dps.
maximus is at ~200k, don't you think he would do it better? :>
Reply Quote
I don't know if this is for e-peen, since I'm not doing this for ego. Part of what I enjoy about Diablo is that the challenges that each level gives you, and being able to pwn MP10 would be one of my goals in this game. I'm not sure if I would enjoy the game if all I do is grind lower levels for gold and loot. In that way, I have much better things to do with my time. I think this is all how each player values different aspects, and what they have created with D3 and the different MP levels is that they have changed the way that we play the game, even though the core of the game hasn't changed since it first dropped.

For me, I think being able to run MP10 for the challenge would be nice, and this opens the door for flexibility to choosing the "kind" of pace and game you want to play - from MP0 through MP10 and gearing according to what you want to accomplish (loot farming vs. XP farming, vs. key farms vs. playing higher levels for the challenge). It can create different games within a game. Speaking of which, I think it'd be interesting if we could find a way to do some kind of an D3-amazing-race kinda thing, but I digress. :)

I'm with Nameless on the goal of smashing MP10.

As far as the Golden Ratio, remember that a minority of players don't use the AH. For those players, there's no 10:1 rule to maintain; instead, they need to judge each piece of armor on its own merits. AH users have the luxury of maintaining peak EHP efficiency by min-maxing their mitigation mix, but non-AH users don't. Over the last week and a half or so, I've dropped my resistances from 810 to 520 and increased my armor from 4900 to 6300. Why? Because the pieces I swapped came with other goodies that either increased my EL or raised my real DPS by a figure I found acceptable.

Maybe there are only five of us ("Three, sir!"), but we're here :)
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 03:52 PMPosted by scrapz
I'll tell you what the difference between you and me is. I can effectively farm higher mps whereas you would !@#$ punch yourself 1 time against a group of elites and die.

I can farm at MP 3-4 with my current gears in my profile atm.. If i want to farm any higher than i have to loose some dps with more survival gears but i make up the lost of dps by using combo strikes because i dont run OWE anymore...

12/12/2012 03:52 PMPosted by scrapz
I still farm it effectively compared to the majority of the population.

Are you comparing to low level monks? than it's not fair at all.. You have to compare to someone with similar current level of gears to yours... Anyway, i'm sorry OP for getting off topic... :)
Edited by maximus#1400 on 12/12/2012 4:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'll assume the gear in your profile are worn in disguise,
because Idk how you would farm higher MPs with just 60k dps.
maximus is at ~200k, don't you think he would do it better? :>

Rahl, I figured you would know by now I'm making sets for beginners and that my normal set is 190k 2.3 aps setup /w 600ish ehp.

Are you comparing to low level monks? than it's not fair at all.. You have to compare to someone with similar current level of gears to yours... Anyway, i'm sorry OP for getting off topic... :)

Fine, I'll compare myself to you. I would out farm your character in mp10 /w minimal deaths.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/12/2012 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 04:13 PMPosted by scrapz
Fine, I'll compare myself to you. I would out farm your character in mp10 /w minimal deaths.

Didn't i say only noobs farm at MP 10? You're talking about farming right? If you wan to run uber on MP 10 yea i be interested in some key farming...
Edited by maximus#1400 on 12/12/2012 4:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm with Nameless on the goal of smashing MP10.

As far as the Golden Ratio, remember that a minority of players don't use the AH. For those players, there's no 10:1 rule to maintain; instead, they need to judge each piece of armor on its own merits. AH users have the luxury of maintaining peak EHP efficiency by min-maxing their mitigation mix, but non-AH users don't. Over the last week and a half or so, I've dropped my resistances from 810 to 520 and increased my armor from 4900 to 6300. Why? Because the pieces I swapped came with other goodies that either increased my EL or raised my real DPS by a figure I found acceptable.

Maybe there are only five of us ("Three, sir!"), but we're here :)

Even for those of us who use the AH, the 10:1 rule is a myth. There's nothing magical that ratio. We all do the same sort of things you do, except that we effectively have more drops. 10:1 is just the point where adding one point of Str gives you the same benefit as one point of Int.

It's not like that ratio is even something to necessarily strive for. It's not something you should make a goal. The fact is that on various pieces of gear, different abilities have different costs, both in terms of gold and itemization. It's easier and cheaper to get 700 armor on your chest than 70 resistance. But also easier to get 300 armor and 70 resistance than 1000 armor. So Monks usually wind up with less armor than 10 times their resits. It's not a bad thing.

(Of course, this is all coming from someone who has a ratio of 10:1 almost exactly. What can I say. It just kinda worked out that way. :)
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 04:16 PMPosted by maximus
Didn't i say only noobs farm at MP 10?

I'm pretty sure you picked the one demographic here that is farming MP 10 the least often.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 04:16 PMPosted by maximus

Didn't i say only noobs farm at MP 10? You're talking about farming right? If you wan to run uber on MP 10 yea i be interested in some key farming...

mp10 is a pinnacle for most players. To be able to tank ghom/azmodan in mp10 requires a balance of dps/mitigation and sustain. To be able to kill ubers in mp10 requires the same. It is a validation that you're character is built with balance.

My point, you would not be able to survive a farm run mp10 without dying a !@#$ load of times. If you say you can do it without using OWE and with your stats then you're a liar.

You keep arguing stupid irrelevant points because you cannot come up with a good enough response to address anything else said in this thread. You trolled me successfully, done talking with you.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 04:27 PMPosted by scrapz
If you say you can do it without using OWE and with your stats then you're a liar.

Didn't i say in my previous post that i'll loose some dps in exchange for more survival gears... Let me explain to you more clearly i.e , my unbuff dps will be around 150k , hp will be around 55k since i need to replace my ammy, I wont be running the lacuni, i wont be running the 2 rings on my profile atm... Dont go around accusing people of being a liar until you fully understand their char's... Did i hurt your e-peen?
Edited by maximus#1400 on 12/12/2012 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

I figured you would know by now I'm making sets for beginners and that my normal set is 190k 2.3 aps setup /w 600ish ehp.

ah, I see. I Forgot about your gearing program.
You have to wear the gear pieces so they can see them.
Makes sense now. Carry on. >:)
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 12/12/2012 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
@scrapz, That's the gears and skills i'll be running if i was to play MP 10 ( profile have updated)... Will i be having trouble playing with this set-up? I dont think so... Again, only noobs farm at mp 10.. I'll only do uber because i'm still dreaming of a "real" hellring... Otherwise, mp0-1 farming all the way...
Edited by maximus#1400 on 12/12/2012 5:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you say you can do it without using OWE and with your stats then you're a liar.

Didn't i say in my previous post that i'll loose some dps in exchange for more survival gears... Let me explain to you more clearly i.e , my unbuff dps will be around 150k , hp will be around 55k since i need to replace my ammy, I wont be running the lacuni, i wont be running the 2 rings on my profile atm... Dont go around accusing people of being a liar until you fully understand their char's... Did i hurt your e-peen?

reading comprehensions ftl my friend. Notice the IF at the beginning of the quote. Did I call you a liar?

So I'm correct, in order for you to properly gear for your higher mp runs you drop 40k dps because you chose to gear incorrectly. Some dps is like 2-3k, 40k is a ton to lose. That's hundreds of millions worth of gear..

I am 201k in my exp grinding stage , 190k in my uber spec because I geared correctly. I am a balanced character which is the main point of the thread.

You wanted to compare efficiency so I gave you a example of mp10 but in your stubbornness to prove me wrong, you brought up useless arguments and took my words too literal. Thanks for whipping out your mp10 gear, just proves that I'm still more efficient then you in higher mp10 because well my e-peen is 190k in mp10 spec.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/12/2012 5:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 02:58 PMPosted by scrapz
mp10 still takes to long w/ 200+ imo

You could say it's my flopping my e-peen but I'd probably destroy you in pvp with your 600 vit and 460res. I didn't count the vit from your weapon because well, yeah.. :D

Scrapz, let's not get ahead of ourselves sir. Diabloprogress doesnt even have you in the top 15,000 players in the world pvp prediction/rankings, whereas my toon is in the top 1000(#700 to be exact) I'll just hope that you weren't aiming that comment at me...I'll make sure to spare your life in the arena, maybe just cut off your ear or something
Reply Quote
oooh.
/popcorn

quite a heated discussion we got here, young ones.
powerful you have become, the Darkside I sense in you... >;D
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Azakiah

You could say it's my flopping my e-peen but I'd probably destroy you in pvp with your 600 vit and 460res. I didn't count the vit from your weapon because well, yeah.. :D

Scrapz, let's not get ahead of ourselves sir. Diabloprogress doesnt even have you in the top 15,000 players in the world pvp prediction/rankings, whereas my toon is in the top 1000(#700 to be exact) I'll just hope that you weren't aiming that comment at me...I'll make sure to spare your life in the arena, maybe just cut off your ear or something

It was not directed at you but PvP dummy I'm #250-300 in the world, #31 for monk according to diabloprogress
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 04:27 PMPosted by scrapz

I'm guessing you can read your quote above?

in order for you to properly gear for your higher mp runs you drop 40k dps because you chose to gear incorrectly. Some dps is like 2-3k, 40k is a ton to lose. That's hundreds of millions worth of gear..

I made a decision to not dependable with the use of OWE and i also gain back some of the dps using combination strikes skills... Just to let you know, i'm at 250k buffed 90-100% of the time and my attack speed is at 2.42 from the buffed...
Edited by maximus#1400 on 12/12/2012 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
maximus:

the key point in this thread was to discuss DPS to EHP ratio. My point was to gear correctly from the beginning in order to minimize the loss of DPS no matter what gear/spec you are in.

You continue to say don't gear correctly, go glass cannon and just rail through mp0. You lose 40k dps in your mp10 spec, I hardly lose any. therefore gearing correctly in your non dps slots is essential to your overall dps.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/12/2012 5:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 05:28 PMPosted by scrapz
the key point in this thread was to discuss DPS to EHP ratio. My point was to gear correctly from the beginning in order to minimize the loss of DPS no matter what gear/spec you are in.

Well, my point is lower mp levels are the most efficient so go for a full dps set-up ( bigger dps= quicker killing time) This a farming game right? you want to be an efficient farmer, correct? Why gear all the survival gears when you dont need to... If ever or when PvP arrives than upgrade your gears accordingly... We all know prices of gears will only go down south...e.g a piece of gear you buy today for a 100 mil will be practically worthless in future.. I'll bet you that you'll will get more out of your 100 mil in a couple of months time than buying it now... Again, why would you want to farm at mp 10?
Reply Quote
Sigh.

I love you maximus. :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]