Diablo® III

How much to gear a monk for MP4-5?

Thinking about regearing my monk as Im not enjoying my Archon Wiz. Archon is too much of a crutch and if it drops Im just demon fodder. What stats should I shoot for to be able to do at least MP 4 with little effort? Dont really care about anything past MP5.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
The general rule of thumb when it comes to cost on any MP other than 0-1 is this.

Build a Barb capable of surviving in MP10. Multiply the amount spent by 7.

That number is the amount it will cost you to make a Monk capable of doing MP5.

#sadbuttrue
Reply Quote
The general rule of thumb when it comes to cost on any MP other than 0-1 is this.

Build a Barb capable of surviving in MP10. Multiply the amount spent by 7.

That number is the amount it will cost you to make a Monk capable of doing MP5.

#sadbuttrue

Piffle has built an MP5-capable (if not MP6 or MP7) monk for ~16M according to his gearing thread. Are you saying that a barb's gear will cost 2M to do the same thing? Or are you pulling numbers out of your @$$?
Reply Quote
What should I set my resist goal for? Also do I need much attack speed? Will probably go EF and WKL combo.
Reply Quote
Depends on what people define as "farming"

the set in my profile cost 7m, it "farms" mp10.
Reply Quote
What stats should I shoot for to be able to do at least MP 4 with little effort? Dont really care about anything past MP5.

12/12/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Dabrixmgp
Will probably go EF and WKL combo.

?

By don't care about anything past MP5, are you saying what you enjoy playing on a level where everything dies in one or two hits? (Totally cool if that's your thing). The thing is, there's absolutely no reason to buy things like EF and WKL if you're just trying to play on MP-4.

The gear currently in my profile is probably costs in the 20m to 30m range. It would handle MP-4 without any difficulty. It could probably play any MP, really, depending on how long you want the fights to go on.

If you just want to try out a Monk and you have 10m, you have enough to just gear up and play MP-4 without any trouble.
Reply Quote
Ok well I guess it takes a crap load of gold. I cant even make it to the checkpoint outside Azmodan's room just on MP 3

Profile hasnt updated Im sure but unbuffed stats are:

83K Damage and 95K with Blazing Wrath
39K Health
4500 Armor
600 resist all
41% CC
265% CD
2.9% LS

Still missing a ring though cause Im waiting for some stuff to sell. Would a SoJ help me out?
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 12/12/2012 2:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Since mp5 is what I farm. Ill give you some of my Basic stats.

35-41k hp (depending on weapon im using)
107-120k dps (depending on weapon im using) unbuff
715 all res (OWE only)
6100 armor (STI) I forget if thats with enchantress or not <_<
2.8-5.7 Life steal (depending on weapon)
8k Health Globe Bonus
7 Radius
600-700 Health Regen (kind of forget)
1.8-2.3 AS (depending on weapon im using)

Ummm I think that's all the important stuff.

Any combinations of the weapons I feel like using all work, I roll through mp5.

If I don't have my Double Life Steal Weapons on, Electric + Reflect + Molten sometimes gives me problems. Problems I mean.. I die once to them before I kill them. I think that's the only thing that kills me. Basically I rarely ever ever die and I kill things pretty freaking fast. GL

I switch and buy new weapons a lot because I get bored fast. Just a FYI. ^_^
Edited by Teckno#1555 on 12/12/2012 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]