Diablo® III

Every voice matters...

No, not every single voice matters. Specially when most of the voices in the forum are so useless. If blizzard released just a bit of content per patch, people would get mad for Blizzard releasing too much content. If blizzard did release a big patch, people would get mad that the patch was not released earlier. This community is a cesspool, it would be corporate suicide to listen to *these* voices.

Anyone else think this guy is a bad troll?
Reply Quote
Diablo III (which doesn’t really have the same content model as something like World of Warcraft, for example).

This quote really irks me. I think the community understands this, but the game in it's current state doesn't have any meat to it and is really suffering because there isn't any PvP which was more or less promised to us.
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 12/13/2012 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
WOW isn't different than D3, the model is the same, in WOW you make money off sub fees. In Diablo 3 you TAKE money from RMAH fees, My guess is the revenue on RMAH would double that of WOW if new simple content was given each month or two. MP levels Hellfire rings and Paragons to me have only been a stop fix and a gag to requests for PVP which is not on the games box but was promised again and again at high level public events.
Reply Quote
Diablo III (which doesn’t really have the same content model as something like World of Warcraft, for example).
Please do not ever mention diablo in the same manor as WoW...Diablo is not WoW nor should it be or ever compared to it. 10 year wait for a devoted fan base...you guys are dropping the ball. Here is a idea maybe the Dev's can maybe post on the forums a twitter account something to let us know whats going on.idk for a unfinished game i sure is hard to get answers on whats being done to fix/help this game. I sure hope its not going to be the $29.99 expansion pack that fixes this game you might lose the fan base by then.
Reply Quote
I'm just glad the community can come together and universally say "hey we're not satisfied", the ball is in their court now. Whether they decide to ignore that or use it as motivation to try to retain the few loyal players that are left is up to them...

PS. One of the biggest issues right now is rampant botting, I have reported several people to be known botters and blizzard still lets them go on, undisturbed. This is my biggest issue right now. I earned my paragon, and I get to sit by and watch botters get the same thing I earned for free get better loot and more gold for free... and you guys do literally NOTHING about it. Grim didn't even comment in his blurb response about it. I think they are avoiding having to say that "bots are great for us, they really help push the sales of our game" rather than saying "wow look at the in game state of things they are really screwed up because of botters and dupers maybe we should protect the core product here... the GAME." And it is for these reasons at this point I find no point in playing when bots run everything. And it will be the reason I don't make any future purchases on diablo. From a player to the CM's, devs, and even Jay Wilson... ffs do something about it.
Reply Quote
"1) We didn't make up the word "fast patch." It's a term used by software developers in general, and we've been using it since long before Diablo III released (most often for World of Warcraft). I don't imagine it's a popular term, though.

2) The patch actually wasn't the main reason for the downtime. We had scheduled maintenance for all Blizzard games in North America this morning.

3) I provided a bit more info about the differences between a normal patch and a fast patch here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7379007846?page=3#52

Hope that helps clears some things up!"

Since the thread was locked (not sure why), making this in post in response. Apparently we as a player base are wrong to assume that actual work is being done for diablo. Players (those of us still loyal to the game) are chomping at the bit for new content (or the game to finally leave beta stage). It's insulting to deal with community managers (those who are in the end supposed to represent the player base to the development team and likewise) who rely on jargon and technicalities to avoid having to admit that little to no work is being done and the game is in a very unsatisfactory state. Botting is out of control, none are being banned. Reflect Damage is a problem for most. Errors so numerous I don't even know where to begin with. Rubberbanding still a major issue, AH still incomplete (SOJ search issues and so on). Crafting is trite, I could go on but I would be beating a dead horse. My only point is that there is work to be done, a lot. So is wrong to expect that even just one thing gets fixed? Just tell me that I am wrong for expecting any show of work or progress, I mean it's touted on your end about "all the hard work" but where are the results? Just tell me it's absurd to expect these things and I can drop the issue, but don't avoid the issue and dance around the truth it's deplorable.

++100
Reply Quote
"1) We didn't make up the word "fast patch." It's a term used by software developers in general, and we've been using it since long before Diablo III released (most often for World of Warcraft). I don't imagine it's a popular term, though.

2) The patch actually wasn't the main reason for the downtime. We had scheduled maintenance for all Blizzard games in North America this morning.

3) I provided a bit more info about the differences between a normal patch and a fast patch here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7379007846?page=3#52

Hope that helps clears some things up!"

Since the thread was locked (not sure why), making this in post in response. Apparently we as a player base are wrong to assume that actual work is being done for diablo. Players (those of us still loyal to the game) are chomping at the bit for new content (or the game to finally leave beta stage). It's insulting to deal with community managers (those who are in the end supposed to represent the player base to the development team and likewise) who rely on jargon and technicalities to avoid having to admit that little to no work is being done and the game is in a very unsatisfactory state. Botting is out of control, none are being banned. Reflect Damage is a problem for most. Errors so numerous I don't even know where to begin with. Rubberbanding still a major issue, AH still incomplete (SOJ search issues and so on). Crafting is trite, I could go on but I would be beating a dead horse. My only point is that there is work to be done, a lot. So is wrong to expect that even just one thing gets fixed? Just tell me that I am wrong for expecting any show of work or progress, I mean it's touted on your end about "all the hard work" but where are the results? Just tell me it's absurd to expect these things and I can drop the issue, but don't avoid the issue and dance around the truth it's deplorable.

++100

There was a massive ban wave 2 days ago for botters.
Reply Quote
There was a massive ban wave 2 days ago for botters.

and yet they are still rampant, and a few that I have had kept on friends list waiting to see when the ban hammer would fall... yep still there... still botting away.

Just show me the proof cause I have evidence that says otherwise.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Menacetech

I know it doesn't nor will it have the same content updates like wow. But the game you released heavily needs new content. Be it an expansion, DLC whatever. What you put out wasn't enough, what you are doing isn't fast enough. Every mechanic in this game needs to be expanded upon exponentially. I think you guys really underestimated the Diablo fanbase greatly as far as how we would blow through the game regardless of how artificially difficult it was, even pre 1.03. The game is shallow.

Basically what I'm saying is and I hate that I even feel this way. But DLC content update system is needed in order for this game to get the proper updates and attention it deserves. The only other option is to release dev toolkits for the modding community to pump out some sweet updates. I don't see that happening though.

Currently, I'm not a satisfied customer. But thanks for all those other games you put out in the past.

^This !!!
Reply Quote
In this day and age, it’s not unusual for a community to expect that a game will have some form of continued development after its release, even if it’s a game like Diablo III (which doesn’t really have the same content model as something like World of Warcraft, for example).

A lot of you have been concerned about the lack of game-changing adjustments in patch 1.0.6 and 1.0.6a, and we can certainly sympathize since they’re not the kind of patches you’ve been used to seeing for Diablo III. Smaller patches like those aren’t unusual for Blizzard games, though, and are often needed to address important issues quickly (issues that can’t be resolved with a hotfix or really wait for a larger content patch that might be scheduled for a later date). Similarly, sometimes patches will contain a lot of behind-the-scenes changes that aren’t visible to players, but are still necessary to keep the game running smoothly or enable testing for new features that are coming down the line. This was the case for both 1.0.6a and 1.0.6, respectively. Lylirra provided a bit more transparency about that [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383168500#7"]here[/url] and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7379007846?page=3#52"]here[/url]. They’re a bit technical, but that’s doesn’t mean they’re made-up jargon – that’s really just how patching works.

But, just because the latest patches have been smaller, that doesn’t mean we haven’t been working on improvements to the game. We commented on some stuff already that we have planned for future patches (to provide a very recent example, here’s some info on [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7349425431?page=2#39"]Reflects Damage[/url]). In many cases, though, we may not be in position to comment on what the developers are working on, either because they’re still working on the design process or we’re not really sure if what we have is actually going to make it into the game. Over the years we have found it is better to avoid promising anything about future content (until we are as close to 100% certain about it as possible) than to retract previous communication when something gets cut or delayed from a patch, or changed to something completely different. Even acknowledging that an issue exists is enough for some players to walk away with “they know, so something will be done immediately” and can be harmful if said issue’s resolution doesn’t make it into a patch.

Acknowledging community’s concerns is very important, but requires some finesse when we do. Some of you will disagree with that philosophy and for very good reasons. We promise the community team is listening, relaying to development teams and working hard to make sure information is digestible and ready to go as soon as the proverbial light turns green.

I think part of that is because, sadly, in this day and age people release highly imperfect games while endeavoring to fix it later. Things like this would not fly at all back before such a thing was possible. Oddly in Diablo 3's case, you guys had a very long time, trashed an older version to start anew (and what appeared to be superior while also more similar to the superior predecessor), and then insisted on pushing a lot of features no one agreed with during and even previous to the beta, only to be working on changing or reversing them very slowly via patches now.

It's very frustrating to be complaining about various things, have them largely dismissed because it apparently was not the direction you guys wanted, only to abruptly switch directions while it may be too late considering some of the issues themselves are fundamental.
Edited by Spincut#1363 on 12/18/2012 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]