Diablo® III

The hidden potential: DW Generater Weaving

So you want to the best monk? You want to be able to unlock an entire new level of theorycrafting for your monk?

The inhuman skill of weaving spirit generaters, when dual wielding, is the way to master the monk in a way that would seem impossible for anyone less than fully insane.

The steps in themselves are very simple.

The first thing to do, is to map the attack speed of each of the three combo moves of all spirit generaters, and their runes, using video capturing/editing programs. Very time consuming, but straight forward. This allows you to theorycraft combos of skills that are vastly superior to simply averaging the total of a skill use.

The tricky part is actually using it when you find a powerful combo. Keep in mind, you will want dual wield and stack attack speed, so it will be almost a combo per second, maybe even more.

The way to train your muscle memory in this regard, is practicing it in town while zoomed in on your character and holding shift down.

Do this for eternities until you can do it with your eyes closed. Record yourself and do not fail 25 times in a row with your eyes closed. Then you are ready to unleash the mastered fury of ivgorod.

I doubt such a master will surface anytime soon, but he who wields this power no man can stop.
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 12/12/2012 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile

The first thing to do, is to map the attack speed of each of the three combo moves of all spirit generaters, and their runes, using video capturing/editing programs. Very time consuming, but straight forward. This allows you to theorycraft combos of skills that are vastly superior to simply averaging the total of a skill use.

You can skip this part if you want.

I have already fully mapped the attack speed for the different attacks of the different generators here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6607333164

Also, this is not really practical. Very cool though!

Imo, there should be a way to select which attacks of your combo will use which spirit gens that you have equipped at the time.

IE: you could map left click to use FoT:TC -> WotHF:BF -> CW:Breaking Wave
As long as you have FoT:TC, WotHD:VF and CW:Breaking wave all equipped as skills.

I think this would add a LOT of flavor to the monk.

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Druin
Also, this is not really practical. Very cool though!

It is only impractical when the burden of mastering it tells you it's not worth it!

It would be too easy if you could designate combos yourself, it takes away the mastery of weaving which is a potential i feel is badly used when attacks are that fast. There must be great rewards for great skill!

Good job job on the values, however it is not the reason i mention it. The reason is, you must do the dirty work to truly master and understand. I also only see the same values as speeds for all runes on your thread there? I could be wrong since i have not tested it myself, but i believe there are some variations from rune to rune, at least i have read comments hinting at it here and there.

I think it is a potential very few monks will ever unlock, but masterly weaving is straight beastly in my opinion.

EDIT: Even a small thing such as successfully and continuously using only the last hit on Crippling wave or WotHF, is a great improvement when killing mobs.
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 12/12/2012 7:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
One thing I can't stand about the Diablo interface is that you can only map the left click button to certain skills. I have one kooky build in particular where I need yo have my spirit generator on the keyboard to get a nice rhythm going, but I then I have nothing that can go on my left mouse.

I'm sure I could go get a macro mouse or special hardware/software that might help, but I'm just not putting in that kind of effort for a silly build.
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 12/12/2012 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to set the skills as you prefer them, you would not be exploiting anything. These smalls things are required to set diablo on the right path, and so we must speak up about them.
Reply Quote
Welcome back, Master Nocturnal.
The new moon is in 4 hours. ;)
Reply Quote
Weell, the forums is one thing, playing is another ;D
Reply Quote
View profile
I've suggested such things on multiple occasions with little interest unfortunately:

here:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200032307

and more in depth here:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4138434631#1
Reply Quote
The balance between overloading with information and having just enough to spark the interest and say what you want is a fine one, something i can't do myself.

Figured, for now, the thing monks need to realize is that they need to spend time doing this:

"The way to train your muscle memory in this regard, is practicing it in town while zoomed in on your character and holding shift down. "

From here you can move to monsters and optimize your efficiency with successfull rotations.

EDIT: Not to mention its hilarious standing there with some monk mates, 20 min later and you are all swinging away you start to think - wtf are we doing! :P - road to mastery
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 12/12/2012 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
I agree this is THE potential of the monk -> check my spec @ EU profile :-)

true monk mastery
Edited by Green#2292 on 12/12/2012 11:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]