Diablo® III

Nightstalker (internal coef close to 1.00)

1) test +600 LoH to confirm the coef
unruned Impale = 600 Life returned per hit
unruned elemental arrow = 300 Life returned per hit

2.) use ShSH for 100% crit tests
a. 15 unruned impales = 15 nightstalker procs
a. 100 unruned elemental arrow = 53 nightstalker procs

15:15 trials is only slightly improbable even if Nightstalker is internally 66% (1:510)

But if we assume nightstalker is .66 than EA's 50% would have been 33% that would put the probability of getting 53:100 at an expected 33% quite improbable (1:58k)
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=what+is+the+probability+of+53+successes+in+100+trials+with+probability+.33

even if NS was 80% 53:100 trials of 40% expected is 1:40
certainly possible of course

but conclusion nightstalker internal passive proc coef is likely 100%
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/14/2012 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
In other words, there is not a separate proc coef for Nightstalker. The proc coef used for LoH is the same one used for Nightstalker. I've seen claims on this in the past, but thanks for the confirmation as it is often asked!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383168302#3

Based on this info, Nightstalker will never proc from Caltrops Jagged Spikes, Sentry, or pets.
Edited by Fatum#1415 on 12/14/2012 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

Based on this info, Nightstalker will never proc from Caltrops Jagged Spikes, Sentry, or pets.

But it should then proc for Sentry: Chains of Torment which procs LoH and Chance to proc % affixes
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 03:48 PMPosted by DinoBSC
But it should then proc for Sentry: Chains of Torment which procs LoH and Chance to proc % affixes

Oh, right. I forgot about Chains of Torment. But can the chains crit? I've heard Sentry doesn't crit, so crit damage is useless for that skill. But I'm not sure whether that also applies to the chains damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]