Diablo® III

Reporting bots as a real life threat

.... fail
Reply Quote
I always report those gold sellers friend requests ingame for harrasment, to no avail since they still keep coming back - yes, the same accounts.
At least I got no warning for this, and hope I won't get any, since they really are harrasing me.

http://uppix.com/f-report50d40a9d0011a857.png
Reply Quote
Considering bots are far and away the #1 form of exploitation in this game, 'report for botting' should be a feature in the game menu.

by not even having it as an option on their website, its like blizzard is pretending the problem doesn't exist.. much like duping which is proven to be happening, yet they still haven't acknowledged it besides making rollback items BoA on the asian servers.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/20/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Zamara
While I agree that correct choices should be made to avoid account suspension, I also believe that your team is out of date on the OPTIONS for reporting a player.

We're looking to add an in-game option for reporting possible botters. Until that's implemented, though, it's best to use the steps provided. :)

12/20/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Drothvader
I really hate to burst your bubble but the online webform does not support reports of this type.

Wrong webform! Check this one: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html
Reply Quote
12/20/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Lylirra
While I agree that correct choices should be made to avoid account suspension, I also believe that your team is out of date on the OPTIONS for reporting a player.

We're looking to add an in-game option for reporting possible botters. Until that's implemented, though, it's best to use the steps provided. :)

And may you provide us a guide which explains how to identify a botter??
Reply Quote
View profile
Mvp is useful afterall.
Reply Quote
12/21/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Adashra

1. talk to them
2. tp to town then wait 5minutes
3. talk to them some more
4. go to someplace players dont always go to and if he/she/it follows you there.....
5. talk to them a whole lot more
6. drop 2 rings, 1 unid and 1 low level ring
7. keep talking to them
8. quit game
Reply Quote

well, only blizzard can know 100% for certain by looking at internal data about their playing habits, but its almost a certainty someone is botting if:

1) They have a similar amount of elites killed as you or fewer, but 2-3x more gold looted. Real players dont just play to collect piles of gold, bots do.

2) They use all max gold find gear on their main character

3) If you see someone follow a certain playing schedule, but then suddenly they're always online day & night, don't respond to whispers, and their paragon level jumps up into the 80s/90s in a week or two, thats suspect.

4) Alternatively, someone with godly gear with very few elites killed.. that can only be explained by 2 things: major RMAH purchases, or botting on a separate account and buying gear for the main account so it doesn't get banned.

5) An account with very high amount of gold looted/elites killed but still hasn't even left inferno act 1, thats a dead giveaway.
Edited by Oldboy#1827 on 12/21/2012 2:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
botters are more easily identified by looking for injected code. It would be easier if they simply had checksums with encrypted streams.
Reply Quote
I don’t know the details around this particular situation, but this information is a little incomplete, so I will provide some more info to help clarify.

Reporting a player for any infraction (including botting) is fine, but it should be done through proper channels. The best place to report a player for botting or other exploitative behavior is through our online web form, and you can find more information about that here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6246615165" class="bml-link-url2">http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6246615165</a>. However, reporting players in a public place should be avoided since it can result in a forum suspension. Similarly, the Report > Real-Life Threat in-game option should only be used for situations in which another player has threatened violence or harm that is not directly related to the game world, or if he/she has released real life information about other players or Blizzard employees. Abusing this report system can lead to an account action, so we strongly suggest that you please use it appropriately. You might want to review our online harassment policy for more details: <a href="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-harassment-policy

It is truly pathetic that, at nearly the year 2012 and with decades of experience in online gaming, Blizzard's report player menus don'thave a spam/bot or a cheat option.
Edited by Mith#1762 on 12/21/2012 2:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
I check the forum for an update on PVP (maybe a little xmas present from Blizz... you know other than the giveaway of stuff i don't need) And instead I find a bunch of people bickering about bots.... I bet bots aren't very good at PVP... wait... what is PVP again? I remember it from somewhere... Oh yes! the other games I've been playing for months since this piece of garbage finally rotted back in October!
Reply Quote
Players reporting bots....

I played over 500 hrs solo and stayed away from the public games because I didn't want to get involved in all the crap that comes with public games. There are the bots that just run through the map with one purpose. There are the real players who are scamming with bogus trades and wanting to see your gear. There are the weak players that just want to tag along, not necessarily saying it's bad, but just say so and I wouldn't have a problem with it. And the list goes on and on. I know this because after the 500hrs of not finding anything good in solo games, the minute I jumped in the public games, i started finding better gear. So now I feel I have to play public games occasionally to get anything good out of the run. Not to mention the accomplishements for co-op, if that's your thing.

So i've gotten to the point where I jump into a public game and just don't want to be bothered by other players and follow along until it doesn't suit my needs.

I may not want to talk to you, it doesn't mean I'm a bot.
I don't want to follow you, it doesn't mean I'm a bot.
I don't want to show you my gear, it doesn't mean I'm a bot.
I don't want to trade with you, it doesn't mean I'm a bot.
I follow a set pattern for farming, it doesn't mean I'm a bot.

I can see it now, the minute they institute player in game bot reporting, I'll have to start justifying why I'm NOT a bot and Blizzard will have to waste their time and mine over it.

Just let blizzard be the cops and stop trying to regulate the game. The recent ban wave shows that they can do it and a lot more effectively without players adding more white noise.
Reply Quote

Just let blizzard be the cops and stop trying to regulate the game. The recent ban wave shows that they can do it and a lot more effectively without players adding more white noise.

Yeah they are really good at taking care of business in a timely fashion... I'll rely on them -_-

Question: Are there more or less "bot requests" in your mail than there were a month ago, two months ago? Answer: Its the same, they just make new accounts.

Also I'm super excited that my Diablo III spam is also able to bog down my Starcraft II account as well. Way to let the stink spread to a nicer part of town...
Reply Quote
in case anyone plans to do this, I got a warning for doing it

that is all

did they ban the bot?
Reply Quote

1) They have a similar amount of elites killed as you or fewer, but 2-3x more gold looted. Real players dont just play to collect piles of gold, bots do.

2) They use all max gold find gear on their main character

5) An account with very high amount of gold looted/elites killed but still hasn't even left inferno act 1, thats a dead giveaway.

That kinda sounds like me....

Totally me.

Was me for a little bit because I had to farm for quite some time. (I was stupid and didn't want to do a crit build...because I think it's dumb the only way to pass 50k dps realistically without perfect rolls is CHC/CHD.)
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile

I really hate to burst your bubble but the online webform does not support reports of this type.

Wrong webform! Check this one: 'http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html

I did not know that the hacks Webform supported reports of this type. Thanks for the update Lylirra!
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 12/21/2012 8:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I think the report bot feature would be useful, but also exploited just like the rest of the report options currently in place.

I have seen guys in trade chat report each other for the dumbest stuff.

Examples:

Oh he doesnt like what i selling?

reported: real life threat

He called me bad bad names made me cry.

reported: harassment

His name is WhiteGuySuc:

reported: real life threat, harassment, inappropriate tag. . . or and lets tack on spam for fun!

See where i am going with this? You cant expect to have a bunch of kids act like responsible adults and use report options wisely and/or fairly in this game just wont happen.

But hey if you guys want to be chasing rabbits instead of finding the real problems so be it.
Edited by FallenSouls#1868 on 12/21/2012 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]