Diablo® III

Almost 51k dps unbuffed

Like I said, I found both of mine. I bought a cheap Dex/MF/GF set and farmed my @$$ off until I got it.

Q_Q Was it worth the time investment or would it have been better to simply have farmed paragon and spent 20 mil to buy the ring in the process while gaining significant exp?

What's your estimate on how much gold it would take to replace my pickup radius? 7 from leoric's is 20 mil, then where else can I get another 12 without breaking the bank?

Btw thanks for all the advice, it's good stuff.
Edited by Snuggleform#1967 on 12/26/2012 10:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Q_Q Was it worth the time investment or would it have been better to simply have farmed paragon and spent 20 mil to buy the ring in the process while gaining significant exp?
I just did 1hr runs every day using my Tempest Rush Monk (6-8min runs each) and got lucky one day. I hear that people spent anywhere from 6-8hrs farming for theirs in 1 day. My very first one back in 1.0.4 I spent 8hrs to get it. That one was worth it atm b/c it sold for 116m.

Personally I don't get very many valuable drops, so 20m seems like a lot of gold for that ring. From farming alone, I doubt you'll hit that 20m to outright buy the ring. Flipping on the other hand.....I make so much gold from that, 20m aint nothin but a thang
What's your estimate on how much gold it would take to replace my pickup radius? 7 from leoric's is 20 mil, then where else can I get another 12 without breaking the bank?
I'll have to do some research and get back to ya on that, I'm not well versed on pickup radius market.

edit:
looked up each item w/ pickup radius. You're looking at 3-5mil per slot. On helm, have to eliminate Vitality to drop the price. That's as cheap as it gets unfortunately. On some pieces like Inna's, it's exorbitantly expensive but you should be fine on the other pieces.
Btw thanks for all the advice, it's good stuff.

np, happy to help!
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 12/26/2012 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Which leoric route did you use?

I heard someone saying that the best is to keep redoing that quest where you defend leah from the serpents in the throne room, like don't even bother getting valor stacks, just keep doing that area over and over due to density?
Reply Quote
It depends on what level you intend to play at. You should be fine at MP0, but how quick do your runs last? If I count correctly, your XP bonus is 96%, how much XP would you get per hour during your runs?

At MP0, the drops in my opinion aren't that good. It's only in the higher MPs do you get the chance of getting something nice.

Like some others have said, you may want to consider ditching your Cain's set. Apart from an additional 30% XP, it does nothing else for you. You can definitely find stuff with better stats.

I find repeated runs a little boring after an hour or so... and switch to key farming or Ubers to vary the gameplay a little. However, if you are intent only on getting pLvl100 as quick as possible, then I guess your set up might work but just totally not my playstyle.

If you want to increase your dps, then you will have to start thinking of going the CC,CD, AS route.
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Snuggleform
Was it worth the time investment or would it have been better to simply have farmed paragon and spent 20 mil to buy the ring in the process while gaining significant exp?

Not worth it, IMHO. If it were worth it to farm a leoric's to save yourself 20m, then it'd be worth it to continue farming them to sell for 20m. Whether or not you currently have one is irrelevent.
Reply Quote
Currently I'm farming act 1 mp0. I'd like to eventually get to act 3 mp0 so at least everything can drop and have the highest affix rolls, but I'm scurred to dump my cain's set/goldskin because right now I'm really just focused on picking up gold and getting experience.
Reply Quote
Yeaaa boy level 54 now.
Reply Quote
How in the world are ANY of those items affordable? Leoric's ring is 20 mil for a 20%, and that would drop my dps significantly >_>

I agree like inna/nat's just with super crappy rolls are like 1 mill'ish but that would tank my AR/vit as well as I said I don't want to get rid of Cain's D:

And I can't drop goldskin either, I'm trying to go for the 100 million gold pickup achieve so I need that +100% from the chest to cap out as I'm leveling paragons.

Dude you could have gotten a cains pants with sockets. 51 K unbuffed is ...well next to nothing. I power levelled my dh from 23 to 60 in 4 days playing. I'm pushing 85K dps (almost 86) at P20. I used a socketed Cains set (helm, gloves and pants). 600K gold. With a level 13 Ruby, and the HF ring levels flew by. Using star ems allowed me to buff up and tank almost to the late 40's. However, at about 54-56, I was near to getting one shotted at almost every turn. I can't imagine what your experience was like getting to P50.

That being said, I did before the ban wave, see more than one bot using socketed cains sets for what ever reason. All things being equal, the claim that you use the cains set as "show and tell" doesn't seem unreasonable.
Reply Quote
Yeah it's not bad, it's horrible...

You wanted opinions, you got opinions. No one can help you if you take all suggestions people give you and just say oh well I can't get rid of this or that. Your speed at gaining xp and gold is trumped by the fact that you can kill a lot more monsters in the same time and gain way more by having higher dps and cutting back on a little gold find and xp.

Just plain horrible
Reply Quote
Snuggleform: I have to be plain honest, u will prob need to improve your DPS and other stats. I would put Gold farming on the bottom of your list. You can keep the gear for farming when you want to but seriously, you need to start getting over the need to have your gold find set. Cain's set at level 60 is unheard of.
Reply Quote
If pickup radius is a big concern for you, have you tried running ferrets? While they aren't perfect, they will boost gold by 10% and do a fair job of picking up gold. You just have to make sure you let them grab all the gold visible on your screen before moving on. Quite frankly, it would open up a ton of option for you gear wise.

My setup wasn't that expensive, maybe 100-125 million all told. The gems were the most expensive. Even with a relative cheap build for a DH my unbuffed DPS is 121K and my unbuffed EHP with dodge is 1.3 million and I'm 10 levels lower than you.

You really, really need to reconsider your gear.
Reply Quote
12/27/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Naeblis
My setup wasn't that expensive, maybe 100-125 million all told.

Wat? I have like 10 million saved up right now.

12/27/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Wingfoot
Snuggleform: I have to be plain honest, u will prob need to improve your DPS and other stats. I would put Gold farming on the bottom of your list. You can keep the gear for farming when you want to but seriously, you need to start getting over the need to have your gold find set. Cain's set at level 60 is unheard of.

I'm actually getting somewhat close to hitting 100 million gold picked up for the achieve, then I will switch my goldskin to a Tyrael's.
Reply Quote
125 million is nothing. Start doing Act 3 MP4 runs and you'll make far far more gold. By staying in Act 1 MP0 you're just spinning your wheels and getting nowhere. Act 3 is where you can do the fastest runs and have the full gamut of items drop.
Reply Quote
12/27/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Naeblis
Start doing Act 3 MP4 runs and you'll make far far more gold.

It takes me really long to do Act 3 MP4. I do have a high resistance set that I use when I feel like key running, but it doesn't feel like farming, it's pretty tortuous.

I tried Act 3 MP0 with the set I'm currently wearing and it's like OK but it doesn't feel as quick and dirty as Act 1 MP0.
Reply Quote
56 now yeaaa boy.
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Snuggleform
Not bad for a level 53 paragon, yes?

Actually that's really bad....I thought you mistakenly meant just level 53.

Do you want people to congratulate you for grinding MP0 with crappy gear? lol
Edited by Chocko#1567 on 12/28/2012 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Almost hit 52k with steady aim.

No, what I want is for people to give me a reasonably priced upgrade (maybe 5 mil max per slot) that doesn't touch Cain's or Goldskin. Originally I was considering well-thought out advice that said to dump those, but after a lot of reflection I found out that they actually mean a lot to me so those aren't dispensable.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Originally I was considering well-thought out advice that said to dump those, but after a lot of reflection I found out that they actually mean a lot to me so those aren't dispensable.
I don't know what else to advise. I have the same set as you do. I built a set around Cain's as well and it just didn't work as well as the other one. That's why I listed those items rather than a set based around Cain's. More dps = more XP and then you want to work on some Hellfire rings and maybe try to farm Leoric's. You're also staying in Act 1 MP0 when it's more efficient to play Act 3. I used to do A1 MP0 back in 1.0.4 with Cain's set b/c it was 30-32mil exp an hour but in 1.0.5, with how cheap gear is nowadays, you can actually get more than that so it doesn't make any sense to stay in A1 anymore unless you are Hardcore mode.

Like other people said, you were given good advice but you refuse to budge. You refuse to give up GF and pickup radius, and Cain's set. You're not going to get anywhere because you reject all advice given to you.

If you really want the pickup achievement, do what I do, play a Tempest Rush Monk with 375GF and farm Hell mode for 600,000 per hour. You're not going to get anywhere gold finding with a Demon Hunter, trust me, I tried. You cannot beat a TR Monk on GF. Most of my GF gear was self found and only pieces I had to buy were Xephirians, rings and blues for follower.

If you were farming A3, you could be saving a ton of money by finding your own GF/pickup radius gear, but you can't find them because you also rejected farming A3 since you won't move from A1.

I don't know what anyone else can tell you and how you can expect people to respond. There's nothing left to say, or advise. You have no further options available.
Reply Quote
Woot, 52k.

Once I hit 100 million picked up then I'll move to Act 3. I haven't refused any of the advice given, just delayed is all.

I'm at 89 mil picked up, mp0 Act 1 with goldskin works all right. It seems to be about 600k per hour, just like your monk.

(The set I constructed with your advice is extremely glass canony unfortunately, it has 22k hp and 160 resist all >_>.)
Reply Quote
Phew, my dps went up a little.

I still can't quite justify dumping Cain's. When I put on dps gear instead of Cain's, my dps goes up by 50%, but the monster hp also goes up by 50% at MP1, so my overall kill rate is the same when comparing Cain's at MP0 with non-Cain's at MP1.

But the exp only goes up by 20% at MP1, while keeping Cain's I would get +30% exp. So the scaling appears to be in favor of Cain's at MP0. Does that sound right?

Definitely need to get me some leoric's, but my cash is all strapped from funding the current setup + alternate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]