Diablo® III

Building a new computer and need some help.

View profile
Hey everyone. I'm currently building a sweet new mini gaming rig. I have most of the parts except for my second ssd drive, which i should be getting monday. I'm transferring my old cpu, ram, and main ssd drive from my old pc and I have all the building down except for the installation of win 7.

I purchased an oem boxed version of win 7 for my old pc which i still have. I'm using the same main ssd drive which it's tied too, but someone said that because my mobo is different, i might not be able to reinstall win7. The mobos (both old and new) are both Asus lga1155 sockets (old one is atx, new one is itx), which someone else said I shouldn't have an issue doing a clean install of win7 with the oem version i currently have.

Anyone have any insight before i start transferring and installing parts?
Reply Quote
Not sure how your situation would turn out but personally I would do a clean reinstall just to avoid any possible software or hardware conflicts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]