Diablo® III

I don't get what's so wrong...

...with this game. When I got it at launch, even when I was beta testing it, people were on here complaining about the seemingly dumbest things. Now it's over half a year later and people are STILL on here complaining about the same things. Usually involving the difficulty of inferno. I'll use this as an example.

Let me tell you something about this game...to be successful at it, and have it not be "too hard", you have to be smart about your play style, first off. Getting proper gear with stats that compliment your needs is the KEY component to any Diablo title. Inferno is only difficult for you when you don't have the right gear for game play. They introduced an AH and RMAH to help accommodate for these needs.

Now, I may be going out on a stretch here, but you need to collect all the valuable items (rares) and use the ones that will work for you and sell off the other ones on the AH to make gold. The more gold you make, the more you have for more worthy items. This is how I play the game, all the items I collect I convert to gold, and then use the gold to purchase better gear, unless a good one drops for me, then I'll keep it and use it. Following this simple method, I never once had too much trouble tackling any of the game's objectives/difficulties and kept my stats up to par with my level. It is not hard to find good gear on the AH...I just got a pretty sweet bow with great stats for what I need at the moment for only 203,000 gold. You need to be smart and think. I know, it's hard for some people.

Yes, Blizzard has made some mistakes. They are not perfect. Neither are you. I will admit one complaint that was legit was the difficulty/overpowered-ness of elites. Yes, they did way more damage than was reasonable to handle. But they adjusted it, after everyone on here had to flame and hack away at the entire corporation over a flaw they should have expected from a fresh release...so to the complainers, they are listening to you, but they will be less likely to take your complaints seriously when you come across as a whiny b**** rather than a sensible, educated, mature individual.

If you are incapable of getting over a flaw or challenge in a game by adjusting your character/gameplay, you really have no business playing a game in the first place. In my honest opinion, there is nothing wrong with this game. It is perfectly fair and provides a reasonable challenge. If it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be called Inferno. You can sit here and say that the game is broken, but what I really think is that YOU are broken. Use your minds and stop trying to get Blizzard to make a game that plays itself for you, rather than you playing it. Try it sometime, it's addictive.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 04:32 AMPosted by Gunny
Let me tell you something about this game...to be successful at it, and have it not be "too hard", you have to be smart about your play style, first off. Getting proper gear with stats that compliment your needs is the KEY component to any Diablo title. Inferno is only difficult for you when you don't have the right gear for game play. They introduced an AH and RMAH to help accommodate for these needs.

People complain mostly because the game forces this kind of play style, obsessive farming of repetitive routes, with crappy drops and reliance on the AH to advance your character. Very few casual players want to play for weeks on end to grind out enough gold to buy one upgrade, and that is what the game has been reduced to by a combination of !@#$ty drops and hugely inflated AH prices.

That the the replay value on the game is ZERO. By the time you get to max level you've cleared the story line path what? Three full times? Working on a fourth... That's on one toon. There's no variation, no real random dungeon crawls.... just the same old %^-* over and over, which gets even worse when you really start trying to farm gear and be "smart about your play style."

Are you joking me? You think D2 was any different in terms of repetition and running the same sequence over and over? I had to MF run Diablo and Baal, gee, I couldn't even count, millions of times to get good gear? And I was lucky if the exact gear I was looking for for one of my toons was the one that dropped...the drop rates are no different in this game, I had to resort to trade and once to buying an item online (Windforce) because the drop rate was so low it just never dropped. At least with the AH in this game I have quick access to find an item I need that someone else doesn't without having to spend hours running a boss. It also takes off the scam element trade had in the previous title.

You have 2000 elite kills. Think back to this post when you reach 20k+.

The problem with the game is that it becomes a snoozefest way too quickly.

Thanks, you're one of those people that likes to look at profiles and determine a person's credibility on the matter because of how high their numbers are. I've been playing Diablo since it's conception, I unfortunately don't have that as well as my age on the profile. If you find it to be a snoozefest, you don't have to play it.
Reply Quote
Without making a comparison to D2,
The huge huge problem here is :
Bot.
That's about it.
With money you can buy all the thing you want, end gear, Legendary ...
Argument : There's Bot in every game!
True, but in WoW for exemple, Bot cannot get end gear or legendary, sure they can get lot of money to sell, but theres only a limited option for what you can buy with that money.
Diablo 3 is centered around the auction house, wich is not bad in a way, but the problem is that theres too many Bot.
Imo.
Reply Quote

Here you have it.
For some, finding equipment is fun, buying equipment is not.

Also, there aren't many dungeons, and those that are, are VERY small for a Diablo game.

Oh, and the items are somewhat boring.
And the world is static.
And the quests don't give any interesting rewards. I mean nothing.. AT ALL.
And you can't jump from one act to another.

And levelling is boring, there is NO choice at all, no puprose. you're not building your char by levelling.

01/02/2013 04:26 AMPosted by Arsonyst
In my honest opinion, there is nothing wrong with this game. It is perfectly fair and provides a reasonable challenge.

In my honest opinion, there is a lot wrong with this game. But... I also think a lot of it can improve.

The game already IS fun while questing through normal, nightmare and a bit of hell.
The skills might need some balancing, but personally I find them visually very attractive and enjoyable to play with. Until you hit a brick wall where lots of builds are not viable unless you grind for weeks to get a slight chance of finding some items that will make that build remotely plausable at MP2 or MP3 (orignal Inferno difficulty if I understand it correctly).

I just don't understand how on Earth they thought it was ok to make the world this small, especially the dungeons.
Reply Quote
Most of the complaints come from people with many many kills and hours into the game, sorry but people won't take you seriously with low kills and you singing praises, you sound like someone who doesn't play enough to warrant a valid opinion, kind of like the people who haven't beaten inferno yet say talk about how great the game is.

The problem with the game it forces you to play a certain way, there isn't much diversity with class builds, it's classes were designed fitting more of an mmo than an action game and the fact you cannot skip story dialog is just awful. I love the combat but hard to play when I know I'm going to have to listen to quest crap and do the quests over and over when I just want to endlessly grind.

It's like watching the cool battle scenes in braveheart then it goes to MarthA Stewart talking about how to make home made bird houses using old wood, feces and dental floss, back to action.. then more Martha Stewart..
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 04:46 AMPosted by Arsonyst
Are you joking me? You think D2 was any different in terms of repetition and running the same sequence over and over? I had to MF run Diablo and Baal, gee, I couldn't even count, millions of times to get good gear?

Yep, but you had a lot more places to go to.
Farming sweetspots. Loot tables. That's what D3 is missing.

And if you didn't find that perfect unique you were looking for, at least you found tons of gems and runes to up, small charms and grand charms to reroll, the materials to try some crafting, run for keys and have an unber quest with a REAL reward, hunting dclone, trying to get that perfect socketed ethereal armor or that perfect ethereal stick for your merc.

You see.
Was it "the same sequence over and over"? yeah sort of.
Was it the same experience as with D3? Hell no!
Reply Quote
I agree that the drop rate for godly items in d2 were just about as rare as godly items in this game. However, D2 was just more fun to play. Why?

1. D2 is fast paced (I feel like a snail playing D3).
2. PVP is pretty much all i ever did when I finally got all my godly gears
3. PVE is more fun in D2 because there's simply more to do and the cow level was awesome. You can't beat having mob density like that with extremely short running times between packs. The mobs where just fun to nuke.
4. Atmosphere

There's a lot more, but I think it's been said like a million times already. It's a damn shame. I only play D3 to do the occasional mp10 Uber now and I only have 3 machines left...
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 04:56 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
Thanks, you're one of those people that likes to look at profiles and determine a person's credibility on the matter because of how high their numbers are. I've been playing Diablo since it's conception, I unfortunately don't have that as well as my age on the profile. If you find it to be a snoozefest, you don't have to play it.

lol if you want to get defensive about it go for it. but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that you are essentially just starting the game. I was where you were before as well. In all likeliness, your perspective will change over time as you participate more in the end-game. You simply cannot understand the problems of the game until you get to that point.

Yes, I'm one of those people and yes it makes a difference.

I've already played the end game on different profiles. There is no secret to it or what happens at the end, other than the grinding continues for better gear. Your point is getting stale by comparing junk-sizes.
Reply Quote
Most of the complaints come from people with many many kills and hours into the game, sorry but people won't take you seriously with low kills and you singing praises, you sound like someone who doesn't play enough to warrant a valid opinion, kind of like the people who haven't beaten inferno yet say talk about how great the game is.

The problem with the game it forces you to play a certain way, there isn't much diversity with class builds, it's classes were designed fitting more of an mmo than an action game and the fact you cannot skip story dialog is just awful. I love the combat but hard to play when I know I'm going to have to listen to quest crap and do the quests over and over when I just want to endlessly grind.

It's like watching the cool battle scenes in braveheart then it goes to MarthA Stewart talking about how to make home made bird houses using old wood, feces and dental floss, back to action.. then more Martha Stewart..

There is actually plenty of diversity with builds, which is why ALL the skills of the character class are available to you as opposed to a limited amount of skill points that can be distributed, limiting you to only one play style, like the previous title.

WoW is also constant grinding. Is WoW a terrible game? It's an all-time best-seller, if not the most successful MMORPG. I know, you're going to say I'm comparing a ARPG to an MMO...different class...yes, brilliant observation, but they share some the same elements. Should everyone start boycotting WoW because you have to work to get something? No.

Can't skip story dialog?? What? It's called the escape button/the litte "X" in the corner of the dialog box. Or are you just that lazy?
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 04:58 AMPosted by Gunny
Are you joking me? You think D2 was any different in terms of repetition and running the same sequence over and over? I had to MF run Diablo and Baal, gee, I couldn't even count, millions of times to get good gear? And I was lucky if the exact gear I was looking for for one of my toons was the one that dropped...the drop rates are no different in this game, I had to resort to trade and once to buying an item online (Windforce) because the drop rate was so low it just never dropped. At least with the AH in this game I have quick access to find an item I need that someone else doesn't without having to spend hours running a boss. It also takes off the scam element trade had in the previous title.

I would never joke you, and I never played D2, so I don't draw any comparisons with it.. just with all the other RPG style games I've played.

If repetitively grinding the same !@#$ over and over is your thing, then this is the game for your obviously. Based on your millions of Diablo and Ball runs I would guess this is your thing. Everyone is happy for you that you've found your gaming niche, but based on the vast majority of input, it seems like it's just that. A niche.

Repetitive grinding of repetitive content without variation for sake of expedient farming isn't compelling game play. It has no depth. It provides no challenge. It doesn't inspire me to log back in. Knowing that without ridiculous, lightning bolt luck, I am gonna have to possibly grind for days to make enough gold to buy a tiny upgrade, or get Powerball Lotto lucky to ever find an actual upgrade isn't very exciting either.

I'm starting to think the player base is down to those who are trying to make RL $ off the AH.

I don't get how the whole "grinding for gear" is a new concept...this has been the case for just about any RPG I have ever played in my life. What, do you really think it should be "I complete the game's objectives and win, I should have the best gear in the game at that point"...no, it would be terribly easy, then you'd be complaining about how it's not a challenge and everyone is walking around with the best gear in the game. The grinding aspect is the "work" you put in to get good gear and surpass other players. Yeah, it's boring and unpleasant at times, but what else would you suggest? This has pretty much been the bread and butter for years and I've never heard any complaining about this aspect of the game until this title came out.
Reply Quote
To keep from the repetitive of doing the same runs over and over again I mix it up by working on the achievements such as A Unique Collection, doing ubers trying to get a trifecta ring. A person can only do Alkaizer runs for so long.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 05:12 AMPosted by Arsonyst
Can't skip story dialog?? What? It's called the escape button/the litte "X" in the corner of the dialog box. Or are you just that lazy?
Dude, there comes a time you need to buy a new keyboard because THAT one key is mailfunctioning.

And why is it mailfunctioning? Because the atoms of the structure below that key aren't bonding anymore!

It's a new law of particle physics.
Scientists don't know about it yet.
They will probably call it "Atom fatique" but the general public will know it as "the Diablo 3 syndrome".

Really.
Reply Quote
WoW is also constant grinding. Is WoW a terrible game? It's an all-time best-seller, if not the most successful MMORPG. I know, you're going to say I'm comparing a ARPG to an MMO...different class...yes, brilliant observation, but they share some the same elements. Should everyone start boycotting WoW because you have to work to get something? No.

There's a HUGE difference between D3 and WoW. Depth of content. Sure you may have to run that 5 man 15x to get that piece you're after, or kill the same boss in the raid as many to see the drop, but that isn't ALL you have to do in the game.

In D3 there is nothing else BUT the grind, and to to do it effectively the grind never varies. It's like watching the same YouTube video for hours on end. Once you're geared effectively it's about as entertaining. No threat of death, no challenge, just mindless repetition.

If D2 was the same I'm not sure how it had as much of a following as it did.

Your "depth" is coming later with the implication of PvP. This will become an incentive, and in my opinion, should already be an incentive, for grinding gear. There are also expected expansions coming later to this game. With patches, they may introduce more content as well. The game hasn't even been out for a year yet, I wouldn't get my feathers all rumpled up in a bunch.
Edited by Arsonyst#1242 on 1/2/2013 5:31 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]