Diablo® III

I don't get what's so wrong...

Zzzzz.... Zzzzzz.... Zzzzzzz
Reply Quote
You don't need statistics and numbers when you can see it in the beginning of the forums the majority of D2 players were complaining. This is something for you to see, we're all part of it happening right now its "primary research". Not everything can be backed up by your so called "numbers, statistics" because its happening right now or are you going to be ignorant yet again to ignore it?

Thanks for admitting to the extent of your understanding of math and logic. You do need these things to show a majority. Guess who has them? Blizzard. They know how many active players are posting, or even reading the forums. They know how many people have actually stopped playing. That's why they aren't overly concerned with what *YOU* can see. When you know that not even .1% of the userbase has ever loaded up the forums, how relevant can they possibly be?

The forums are a honeypot diversion for complainers and whiners. If you have something cogent to say, you'll say it in a way that doesn't rely on assumption or poorly informed inference. But, thanks for demonstrating your maturity, by completely missing my point and ranting about drinking ages.

What I don't understand is anyone thinking/assuming/declaring that an elite kill count doesn't correlate with experience on the topic... Who exactly do you expect to have the most insightful opinion of this game? I would think the most informed opinions would come from those who've spent the most amount of time in the game, and that is irrefutably related DIRECTLY to the elite count.

Yes, but it's still just an opinion. You can try and qualify your opinion however you like, but it's still just that. What irks me, and was the original point I was making, is that discounting someones opinion because of their kill count, is not only ignorant, but unreasonable. Say you disagree, or that you think something different, or other such comments, are all reasonable. But to discount someone's opinion based on their kill count is just displaying ignorance.

Many of the great games we have all enjoyed, were designed not by experts with extreme amounts of experience, or by some focus group committee, but by folks who were too inexperienced to take "it can't be done" as an answer, or simply never stopped to ask the opinion of people with more experience. James Buchanan was considered to be the most experienced president we'd had up to his time, and nearly allowed the US to be torn apart. By comparison, Lincoln was considered to have nearly no political experience, and did a much better job. It's just not as big of a deal as some people want it to be.
Reply Quote
Where's your statistics to back this up? That's conjecture in its' entirety, and since you've claimed at least 5 times now that an argument is invalid without stats or proof (see the top of this post... why are there more people in D2 than in D3?, or does that fact requirement thing only apply to everyone except you?), then your entire response is inadmissible because it lacks facts and statistics...

I'm not quite following you...where do statistics play in when it comes to talking about game features? That's just undeniable fact, I don't need stats to prove the stash is vastly larger, or that game elements have been evolved/improved...do you understand the concept of statistics and what they apply to? If I made a claim about the player-base of this game, then a statistic or proven fact would be necessary, but to simply point out the difference between game A and game B needs no numbers. It's not something that needs to be proven.
Reply Quote
Yes, but it's still just an opinion. You can try and qualify your opinion however you like, but it's still just that. What irks me, and was the original point I was making, is that discounting someones opinion because of their kill count, is not only ignorant, but unreasonable. Say you disagree, or that you think something different, or other such comments, are all reasonable. But to discount someone's opinion based on their kill count is just displaying ignorance.

This.
Reply Quote
For some, finding equipment is fun, buying equipment is not.

Also, there aren't many dungeons, and those that are, are VERY small for a Diablo game.

Oh, and the items are somewhat boring.
And the world is static.
And the quests don't give any interesting rewards. I mean nothing.. AT ALL.
And you can't jump from one act to another.

And levelling is boring, there is NO choice at all, no puprose. you're not building your char by levelling.

In my honest opinion, there is a lot wrong with this game. But... I also think a lot of it can improve.

The game already IS fun while questing through normal, nightmare and a bit of hell.
The skills might need some balancing, but personally I find them visually very attractive and enjoyable to play with. Until you hit a brick wall where lots of builds are not viable unless you grind for weeks to get a slight chance of finding some items that will make that build remotely plausable at MP2 or MP3 (orignal Inferno difficulty if I understand it correctly).

I just don't understand how on Earth they thought it was ok to make the world this small, especially the dungeons.

+1 to both.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 02:51 PMPosted by captain
by completely missing my point and ranting about drinking ages.

Your point is age =/= maturity, whereas you see it everyday: age restrictions is a sign of using age as a maturity measure, therefore meaning you are missing my whole point.

But to discount someone's opinion based on their kill count is just displaying ignorance.

We're not discounting their opinion, I'm basically saying that once they hit the 15k+ elite kill mark their perspective will change or begin to change how they see the game, where again you're missing my point.

Many of the great games we have all enjoyed, were designed not by experts with extreme amounts of experience, or by some focus group committee, but by folks who were too inexperienced to take "it can't be done" as an answer, or simply never stopped to ask the opinion of people with more experience.

So you're basically saying that Jay wilson and his team had made a far better game than it's predecessors? Taking Diablo 3 as an example of an amazing game being taken over by inexperienced developers and ruining the whole game, I think is a pretty solid example of what inexperienced developers can lead to.

look at PoE, has some of the previous blizzard north employee, just look at the depth of that game.
Edited by Kittehx#2602 on 1/3/2013 4:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Kittehx
look at PoE, has some of the previous blizzard north employee, just look at the depth of that game.

To be completely honest, I think they made huge mistakes in PoE. There's such a thing as 'complexity for the sake of complexity' and from my time with PoE during beta... it feels to me like they tried to remake D2, didn't do a very good job, and then added tons of layers of complexity just to cover it up.

But to each their own.
Reply Quote
So you're basically saying that Jay wilson and his team had made a far better game than it's predecessors?

Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. Please, don't expect me to engage you further in argument, you've already shown yourself to lack the maturity or experience to engage in rational discourse. Please, go back to telling people their opinion is irrelevant because they haven't met your arbitrary demands of play time, it is a better use of your time.
Reply Quote
You have 2000 elite kills. Think back to this post when you reach 20k+.

The problem with the game is that it becomes a snoozefest way too quickly.

so you think that 2000 elites isn't enough to get an idea ?> you are so stupid is just amazing.

Honestly I got the idea in about 10 elite kills. But I'm also not including kills on other accounts. Because it doesn't really matter.
Reply Quote
It's funny how people who "dislike" the game so greatly know everything about the game and have numerous upon numerous hours log into their toons. I don't read the forums ever or post for that matter but when I check in it's funny to read these people who are disgusted with the game tellyou so much about. Makes you wonder do you really like the game but your playing devils advocate??
Reply Quote
Hot stuff.
Reply Quote
So you're basically saying that Jay wilson and his team had made a far better game than it's predecessors?

Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. Please, don't expect me to engage you further in argument, you've already shown yourself to lack the maturity or experience to engage in rational discourse. Please, go back to telling people their opinion is irrelevant because they haven't met your arbitrary demands of play time, it is a better use of your time.

We're not discounting their opinion, I'm basically saying that once they hit the 15k+ elite kill mark their perspective will change or begin to change how they see the game, where again you're missing my point.

and you would like to question my reading comprehension ... lulz, once again, you're missing my point lol
Edited by Kittehx#2602 on 1/3/2013 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Kittehx
once again, you're missing my point lol

You're adorable! If you actually had that reading comprehension, you'd realize you'd only proven my point with your quotations. Enjoy your ignorant bliss!
Reply Quote
One thing that blizzard said and has not been delivered on is that you could play the game and when you decided not to play any longer and wanted to move on to a different game for a while or longer you could sell all your Items and Characters that you invested your time and or money into getting. And that you could do so without breaking the rules by going to 3rd party sites. I thought that blizzard would be the one you would sell your Items, gold and characters to, for a fair price and you could then get real money or credit in the Blizzard store. And if you found something good but didn't have a use but wanted gold you could sell or trade it to other players and not have to be worried about getting scammed. Not only that when they talked about crafting they made it seem like you could have some sort of say as to what you crafted, not random garbage stats that would be pointless to you or anyone else in the game. Knowing the game is geared toward AH/RMAH makes players not expect good results from BS when you could just save your gold and try the AH.
Reply Quote
Posted by Kittehx

You're adorable! If you actually had that reading comprehension, you'd realize you'd only proven my point with your quotations. Enjoy your ignorant bliss!

lol my bad quotes the wrong part:

Posted by captain
But to discount someone's opinion based on their kill count is just displaying ignorance.

Many of the great games we have all enjoyed, were designed not by experts with extreme amounts of experience, or by some focus group committee, but by folks who were too inexperienced to take "it can't be done" as an answer, or simply never stopped to ask the opinion of people with more experience.

this is a really sarcastic question if you don't really take sarcasm well
Edited by Kittehx#2602 on 1/3/2013 6:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard update launcher will not pass a certain point, I have been tryin for hours, you guys have any ideas?
Reply Quote
Ignorance is bliss. Everyone else gets it.
Reply Quote
Posted by Kittehx

lol my bad quotes the wrong part:

Posted by captain

this is a really sarcastic question if you don't really take sarcasm well

This has been a common excuse in this thread. Someone says something incredibly stupid, then when they are called out on it, they say they were kidding/being sarcastic. Very convenient?
Reply Quote
OP doesn't understand that people's opinion of the game changes with time (Elite Kills). Someone with 2k elite kills may think the game's good, while someone with 20k may think the game's bad, after all.
The person with 2k only has experienced one stage.
The person with 20k has experienced both stages. Therefore his opinion is the one we should listen to.
In summary, OP should get more elite kills.
Edited by Rowechelon#1918 on 1/3/2013 7:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]