Diablo® III

I don't get what's so wrong...

The main problems were and still; despite the patches, my bad:

1. itemization (too long to explain)
2. linearity (closed world, not really randomized map)
3. sense of progression (you reach max level too easy)
4. no specialized class (you can't update any skill)
5. no hostile mode.
6. no possibility to create or join a given named room.

1+2+3+4+5+6 = BORING (after a few time). Too repetitive, too few choices.

Practically this third chapter lack all the things that made the Diablo franchise so great.

There are a few more but those that i described are the most important to me.

ps: also the long cool-down everywhere is questionable and boring to me.
Edited by Kajuan#2923 on 1/3/2013 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
[quote]Yes, but it's still just an opinion. You can try and qualify your opinion however you like, but it's still just that. What irks me, and was the original point I was making, is that discounting someones opinion because of their kill count, is not only ignorant, but unreasonable. Say you disagree, or that you think something different, or other such comments, are all reasonable. But to discount someone's opinion based on their kill count is just displaying ignorance.

Perhaps, but why should we listen to anyone with a low kill count? By all means, justify that and perhaps we will consider your opinion.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Corpsey
[quote]Yes, but it's still just an opinion. You can try and qualify your opinion however you like, but it's still just that. What irks me, and was the original point I was making, is that discounting someones opinion because of their kill count, is not only ignorant, but unreasonable. Say you disagree, or that you think something different, or other such comments, are all reasonable. But to discount someone's opinion based on their kill count is just displaying ignorance.

Perhaps, but why should we listen to anyone with a low kill count? By all means, justify that and perhaps we will consider your opinion.

Because kill count doesn't really mean anything, honestly. You can understand a game without playing thousands of hours of it. After even 50 or 60 you can clearly see the way the game goes. If you're judging it as amazing before you finish normal... okay, your opinion is probably uninformed. If you judge it after you've played for several hours on inferno... you have a pretty good idea of what the game is.
Reply Quote
the main problem is everyone on this forum who says the game is bad... then blizz changes it, and the QQ'rs make them water it down. Thanks for the game blizz sorry they made you ruin it.
Reply Quote
I just like this game very much.
Reply Quote
game is mostly good. but i will tell you what is so wrong: crafting.

crafting in this game is soooooo wrong. lol
Reply Quote
You are correct about one thing, most of what I've said IS obvious...which is why it's difficult for me to understand why anyone would be so zealous to complain about, hate, or bash this game as badly as it gets beat. Seemingly, you and a lot of other who have posted here are delusional about a few things pertaining to D3. I was more than happy to spend some time correcting the mistakes of the misinformed. These forums are notorious for being fogged with ignorance, banter, and trolls. This is usually why people frequent Team Liquid or Inc Gamers and not here for real, educated opinion.

I'm not here to provide anything new.

Actually no, you are incorrect, once again.

Go back through my posts in this thread. I didnt bash the game in my replies to you.

You just seem to be one of those people that just has to have the last word else they can't go to sleep at night.

The start of your thread has nothing to do with who likes the game and who doesn't. And if you bothered to actually notice instead of flying onto tangents, I bashed the contents of your original post, so lets go through it in detail shall we?

1. Get items with stats that complement your needs.

Oh gee ok, that's what everyone has missed? Well, looks like the whole community needs to go back to the drawing board, right? Bzzzt, no. Wrong. It's a good bet bet pretty much most people not only knew about this millenia before you pointed it out but have been actually doing it. Thank you Captain Obvious.

next

2. Farming items to sell on the AH? !@#$, how did everyone else miss this! Lord, the Diablo III playerbase must be blind or something. Bzzzt, wrong again. I'm sure pretty much everyone already does this in some form or another and once again well before Captain Obvious decided to point this out. I also remind you that you dared to go 'out on a stretch' to give us this piece of golden information.

3. Inferno is manageable with the right gear. REALLY? Did you sit and work this one out yourself and then decide to tell the world? You know you could have saved yourself a ton of time and angst coming out of your closed black box and just asked one of the thousands of people who have already done inferno if this was the case, before deciding you needed to re-invent the wheel.

And now in this post to me you claim youre confused as to why people are misinformed despite them being obvious. Are they? Did you actually ASK ANYONE IF THEY DON'T DO ANY OF THESE THINGS before your 5 paragraphs of hogs drivel as to what people need to do to then enjoy the game?

The reality back on planet Earth is this. What it comes down to is you have an opinion. It's your opinion that you enjoy the game and its fine. Others have an opinion that doesn't agree with yours. However nothing you write makes your OPINION anymore valid than anyone elses and it certainly doesn't make it correct, especially, especially after pointing out the above.

Not coming back to this. If you still don't get it, you never ever will.
Edited by Britty#6649 on 1/3/2013 10:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Paladin
1) No character customization. Everyone has the same template all the way through - only differentiating factor is how much you flip/spend.

2) Game designed around a loot hunt which is in turn designed around an AH + pay-to-win system. Spot the problem.

3) No competition. No PvP, no ladders, no comparison etc besides DPS number in character profiles. How tame.

4) No social system. No lobby, no personalized game-names, no trading, no contact besides with people already on your friends list or bots in public games.

5) No replayability. Ties in closely with all aforementioned points.

- no character customization means no reason to try new alts of the same class, ever. Ever. No character has any particular "flavor" or meaning to me - all will have the same skillset, same stat points, same everything.

- no loot hunt means there's no finding great gear for your alts to level with, or to try interesting builds with. Just farming gold until you can afford your next +10 stat upgrade. The AH makes it thousands of times easier to find upgrades than farming. The only option is to ignore its existence, or find no upgrades for yourself. Again, go figure.

- no competition means there's no point rerolling alternate characters to dominate certain builds or certain aspects of the game, or for ladder resets etc.

- no social system means it's impossible to find rush games, obviously no lld, mld etc etc, just a quick grind to max level where you resume farming worthless gear until you can afford your next +10 stat upgrade.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
01/03/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Arsonyst
You are doing just that, except not on the base stats, you're doing it now more with the gear. I mean it's always been about the gear in Diablo, it's just now ALL into the gear. It's a lot simpler to work with, I had a hard time understanding customizing stat points when I first started D2 and it ended up on several failed rerolls.

Diablo has never been about the gear...but rather the build and the skills and stats. People beat hell naked. Now you couldn't go through normal without gear...everything is based on gear. Based on your comments in regard to D2, I don't think you ever were able to understand customizing stat points...which is probably why you like this dumbed down version of a game. This is part of why many are really disappointed with D3...you can't make your own build, and before you say it...no many players never once looked online to see what the optimal build was, rather they just experimented with what seemed fun for them. You can't do that in D3,
Reply Quote
You are correct about one thing, most of what I've said IS obvious...which is why it's difficult for me to understand why anyone would be so zealous to complain about, hate, or bash this game as badly as it gets beat. Seemingly, you and a lot of other who have posted here are delusional about a few things pertaining to D3. I was more than happy to spend some time correcting the mistakes of the misinformed. These forums are notorious for being fogged with ignorance, banter, and trolls. This is usually why people frequent Team Liquid or Inc Gamers and not here for real, educated opinion.

I'm not here to provide anything new.

Actually no, you are incorrect, once again.

Go back through my posts in this thread. I didnt bash the game in my replies to you.

You just seem to be one of those people that just has to have the last word else they can't go to sleep at night.

The start of your thread has nothing to do with who likes the game and who doesn't. And if you bothered to actually notice instead of flying onto tangents, I bashed the contents of your original post, so lets go through it in detail shall we?

1. Get items with stats that complement your needs.

Oh gee ok, that's what everyone has missed? Well, looks like the whole community needs to go back to the drawing board, right? Bzzzt, no. Wrong. It's a good bet bet pretty much most people not only knew about this millenia before you pointed it out but have been actually doing it. Thank you Captain Obvious.

next

2. Farming items to sell on the AH? !@#$, how did everyone else miss this! Lord, the Diablo III playerbase must be blind or something. Bzzzt, wrong again. I'm sure pretty much everyone already does this in some form or another and once again well before Captain Obvious decided to point this out. I also remind you that you dared to go 'out on a stretch' to give us this piece of golden information.

3. Inferno is manageable with the right gear. REALLY? Did you sit and work this one out yourself and then decide to tell the world? You know you could have saved yourself a ton of time and angst coming out of your closed black box and just asked one of the thousands of people who have already done inferno if this was the case, before deciding you needed to re-invent the wheel.

And now in this post to me you claim youre confused as to why people are misinformed despite them being obvious. Are they? Did you actually ASK ANYONE IF THEY DON'T DO ANY OF THESE THINGS before your 5 paragraphs of hogs drivel as to what people need to do to then enjoy the game?

The reality back on planet Earth is this. What it comes down to is you have an opinion. It's your opinion that you enjoy the game and its fine. Others have an opinion that doesn't agree with yours. However nothing you write makes your OPINION anymore valid than anyone elses and it certainly doesn't make it correct, especially, especially after pointing out the above.

Not coming back to this. If you still don't get it, you never ever will.

lol

Nice.

Only thing I want to point out, even though its sometimes so bloody obvious that it really can't be overlooked, it often is. Hence all the whining about why inferno is so hard, and why do I die so easily. Usually because some players don't really know how to manage/balance their skills. But anyway. Spot on.
Edited by DTMAce#1687 on 1/3/2013 11:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
No Character customization is my biggest complaint , i want to be able to build my characters the way i want by assigning skills and core stats where i want and not pre determined to be the same as every other Barb ,D/H or any other class out there
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 02:51 PMPosted by captain
Yes, but it's still just an opinion. You can try and qualify your opinion however you like, but it's still just that. What irks me, and was the original point I was making, is that discounting someones opinion because of their kill count, is not only ignorant, but unreasonable. Say you disagree, or that you think something different, or other such comments, are all reasonable. But to discount someone's opinion based on their kill count is just displaying ignorance.

Discounting a comment based on kill count is not ignorance, it's arrogance. Agree with unreasonable, and yeah, some of the high count folks are uppity, but that doesn't mean they don't know the game better.

01/03/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Arsonyst
Honestly I got the idea in about 10 elite kills.

That's ignorance.

It isn't "nice" or "fair" or "politically correct" perhaps, to dismiss someone simply for having a low kill count, but thinking you have an equal understanding as someone with 10 times your experience in ANY subject (no matter how much experience you have), simply because you think you do, and everyone else are elitist jerks, is not rational.

Your amount of knowledge and understanding of any subject is directly related to how much experience you have. Unless you're rain man and after 2 seconds you start twitching and know that there's 82... 82... 82... 246...definitely, definitely 246 toothpicks in a box.

As far as experience not being as big a deal as it's made out to be, I definitely don't agree. There are times when inexperience is an asset, and I take your point (on both sides of the coin), but I don't personally think you'll find a lot of those exceptions in this particular subject matter. Maybe a guy with 10 elite kills has a good skill/rune combo (or similar) that the elitists blow off and miss out on, but saying the game doesn't suck before having finished it, and having someone tell you your opinion is missing end game elements (granted they didn't say it that way, they were arrogant elitist jerks about it, but still...), and saying "aw bull, I know what I'm talking about" (and to be clear, that wasn't you), is a LOT more ignorant than an elitist jerk being arrogant...
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Arsonyst
This has been a common excuse in this thread. Someone says something incredibly stupid, then when they are called out on it, they say they were kidding/being sarcastic. Very convenient?

Oh... this whole time you've been being sarcastic???

I must apologize to you then, all this time I thought you were simple.
Reply Quote

He did... he said great ideas can sometimes occur out of ignorance. It's a valid point (I don't know what his kill count is, but if it's low, BAM, there ya go). He used presidents as an example, which was accurate, but horrible as an analogy because nobody studies presidential history and his point will go largely unheard...
Reply Quote
OP is just seeking attentions, ignore those attention-seekers and move on people, cleanse this forum from these worthless posts..
Reply Quote
Well all I've been trying to talk about on any part of these forums is having ANYTHING NEW added to D3.

It's been LONG ENOUGH and there's been plenty of time.

Many people have just been wanting something new.

Some of you can't see that there are some legit and hard working players here who still really love the game, but just want more.

We just want more and new stuff added to it.

The areas and terrain are just boring, the creatures are even able to be memorized now if you've played enough, and if I never bought it and just read the forums lately while playing just the trial the whole time from when it came out till now I wouldn't have purchased it in the first place only because of how low of variety you have when it comes to classes.

No real class variety, No new areas, No new gear, No new skills/runes, No new quests, No new story, No new anything.

So what once PvP is actually implemented and usable that's supposed to "hold us over" till blizzard decides what year or decade that they wanna put something new out?

That's just kinda pathetic, but wait that's also why I never gave them my money for World of Warcraft in the first place too.

So no one can see the patern that blizzard works in?

That really does show how intellegent most gamers are when it comes down to developers being able to pick an choose when they "feel" like putting out something new for a game that's been out for awhile.
Reply Quote
Honestly I got the idea in about 10 elite kills.

That's ignorance.

It isn't "nice" or "fair" or "politically correct" perhaps, to dismiss someone simply for having a low kill count, but thinking you have an equal understanding as someone with 10 times your experience in ANY subject (no matter how much experience you have), simply because you think you do, and everyone else are elitist jerks, is not rational.

No, it's still not ignorance. Calling everyone else a elitist jerk might be, but saying you get the idea after a few elite kills isn't unreasonable. Remember, in A1 normal, thats going through probably at least the first hour of the game. I've quit a lot of games in less time than that because they weren't fun, and I'm not interested in subjecting myself to something i find boring just because I already sunk my money into it.

Consider WoW. I tried it back in 2005, after some friends told me it how totally amazing it was, and gave me a free trial pass. I played it for a few hours, and I got bored with it, so I went back to the game I was playing before that. No no, they said, you have to play longer and get to higher levels before it gets fun. Clearly, I wasn't persuaded, but this is why it is totally reasonable for me to consider my opinion equally valid as the opinion of those with more experience than me. I don't care if it gets fun later, I'm not interested in grinding through a bunch of boring content to find out.

It's not ignorant to not continue playing a game you don't enjoy. Incidentally, that about sums up my confusion regarding those who hate this game, but continue to spend so much of their time telling everyone how much it sucks, while seemingly continuing to play. The internet sure is full of weird people.

01/04/2013 12:08 AMPosted by aelwero
He used presidents as an example, which was accurate, but horrible as an analogy because nobody studies presidential history and his point will go largely unheard...

Well I'm glad at least one person got it.
Reply Quote

Why should I care whether you consider my opinion?

Please, justify why I need your consideration.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
OP, I commend your spirit in trying to take on the herds of complaints in this forum, but it's a no-win situation. You probably won't change their minds. Stubbornness and blind self-righteousness do not make themselves receptive to "Deal with it, go with the flow, adapt, learn, and quit if you don't like it."

All in all, props for the thought.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]