Diablo® III

I don't get what's so wrong...

^ tldr but lol for writing so much, u love the game so much but if you spent half the time actually playing it instead of writing long useless novels on the forums ud be 100 by now. n00b
Edited by Jook#1782 on 1/4/2013 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posted by Thathdora
Diablo has never been about the gear...but rather the build and the skills and stats.

You are so wrong. Gear is what made the difference between two people having the same build. There were only a few really viable builds you could make in D2, the gear is what separated the good players from the bad. Everyone can have the same base stats and skill point distribution. Only people with the correct gear to compliment and exceed the potential of base stats were at the top. It was an entire science dedicated to PRECISE gear you needed to succeed.

That is so wrong. You could beat hell in just about any build, if you knew how to play it. The gear had little to do with its viability, rather was an addition to the build...at least for many. I beat hell in so many different builds, none of them special or researched, on all possible classes. I never used anything but the gear I could buy from the vendors or what I happened to pick up. In fact...I played almost totally solo. To say that it was gear based is just crazy...and totally wrong. Before you start asserting stuff, might be a good idea to actually play the game and learn about what you are speaking. There are plenty of videos of players beating hell naked. Obviously, its not about gear if they can do that.
Reply Quote
OP must be Jay Wilson. He's the only one that would defend it this much.
Reply Quote
I think overall usage of this game has fell off. I stopped playing after the first month it came out because inferno was ridiculously hard, especially for a !@#$ty barb like myself . I don't know why, I guess my passion for how awesomely addicting D2 was, I came back a few days ago and am glad to see a couple changes. Ive read this thread and it's realistically pessimistic, however, since I came back I have seen...the Paragon Levels, Enhanced Legenderias, and Monster Powers.

I think D3 should be focused on adding more Randomly generated dungeons, adding more to crafting ( why are there white and blue items if they sell for nothing and no one ever picks them up). I like D3 and all the things they are taking from D2, but they should really add more components to this game. I am seeing So far the drop rates are horrendous, but what do you expect with a RMAH system it will obviously affect the limitations that diablo will force on its players. Ive played M0 alkaikers around 100 times in the past couple days and have found NO decent rares and 4 awful legedaries. Maybe Im doing something wrong...

The way I see it is that there is one objective...get the best gear and end up breezing through the game, but there is only 2 ways to do this...either you farm gold, or get lucky and get some nice items. This is ok for now, but if Blizzard expects to have anyone playing this game seriously they need keep adding more dungeons, more crafting possibilities, more alternative quests that give you chances at striking new uniques. Blizzard needs to stop being so overly attached to the AH/RMAH and expand the game properly...then people will WANT to play...and the AH will work out in the long run.
Reply Quote
You have 2000 elite kills. Think back to this post when you reach 20k+

I really think it's impossible to get 20k if the game wasn't good. Just because one gets bored of a game after playing it for so long, doesn't make it bad all of a sudden. i only have 4k elite kills because i stopped playing constantly...because it gets boring after a while. Just like every other game I have ever played. I come back every once in a while for a few runs when I'm in the mood and I enjoy myself.

01/02/2013 05:30 AMPosted by Gunny
This is certainly subjective, but for me and EVERYONE I knew in RL that played this game, it's been a huge let down mostly due to the grind and monotony

And this isn't anything unique to Dialbo 3. This is what happens with all ARPGs. You beat the "story" and that's pretty much it. After that you are grinding to overpower a character. That's why I can't believe I see people with 10 times the play time as me complaining about monotony. Of course it gets repetitive...that's why I stop and take breaks. People need to slow down and actually chew their food.
Reply Quote
That is so wrong. You could beat hell in just about any build, if you knew how to play it. The gear had little to do with its viability, rather was an addition to the build...at least for many. I beat hell in so many different builds, none of them special or researched, on all possible classes. I never used anything but the gear I could buy from the vendors or what I happened to pick up. In fact...I played almost totally solo. To say that it was gear based is just crazy...and totally wrong. Before you start asserting stuff, might be a good idea to actually play the game and learn about what you are speaking. There are plenty of videos of players beating hell naked. Obviously, its not about gear if they can do that.

Maybe on softcore(god mode) you could. Coming from someone who played HC for years, there were many many builds that were viable, but there were also many gear dependent builds, especially in HC, sorry, I don't count dieing 10000 times as beating the game or picking off 1 monster at a time as strategy or abusing boss AI(hitting Mephisto out of his range). I'd love to see you ironman a few builds of my choosing through HC.
Edited by Utukka#1683 on 1/5/2013 9:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
the only thing that's wrong with this game is that there's no pvp... /thread

team deathmatch is boring? that's why they're not releasing it? what a joke
Reply Quote
Ive been playing since release and I still very much enjoy the game. Infact there hasnt been a day gone by that I havent logged on.
Reply Quote
Frits things first, it's always online. That already makes it bad no matter how good it is, that in it's self just cripples that game for a lot of poeple.

The story is bad, the demonic villains are lame.

The heavens act (act 4) is rushed.

It's a wow clone. They way the skill have cool downs and how you can buy your gear.

Blizzard said that this game was meant to test the RMAH.

I also thought this was games okay when it came out(and it is okay, until you read that it's suppose to be a diablo game.)

I don't hate the game as much as most poeple on here but it's no Diablo game.
Edited by Damy#1963 on 1/5/2013 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
the only thing that's wrong with this game is that there's no pvp... /thread

team deathmatch is boring? that's why they're not releasing it? what a joke

I'll accept your opinion... but PVP is not the only thing that is wrong... I wish it was..

However I am happy you like it the way it is...

D3 is missing a lot and lacking in areas..
Reply Quote
You have 2000 elite kills. Think back to this post when you reach 20k+.

The problem with the game is that it becomes a snoozefest way too quickly.

Yeah... For people who play 14 hours a day.

I just don't get this logic.

People play the game more than they sleep, and then they accuse the game of being boring.
Reply Quote
People say these forums are full of insensitive a**holes. But some lonely guy made a thread to get some attention and you guys gave it. You guys went above and beyond to offer this person more conversation than they were offered by real life people over the entire holiday season.

It's like a fat girl. Okay to have fun with in the private dark. Don't tell your friends. So stop picking on his girlfriend and he won't be so arsonpyst.
Reply Quote
To the OP... The game is perfectly fine for someone who plays it as casually as you obviously do. Seriously, the game is great...it's just not Diablo-worthy.
Reply Quote

Now, I may be going out on a stretch here, but you need to collect all the valuable items (rares) and use the ones that will work for you and sell off the other ones on the AH to make gold. The more gold you make, the more you have for more worthy items. This is how I play the game, all the items I collect I convert to gold, and then use the gold to purchase better gear, unless a good one drops for me, then I'll keep it and use it.

You need to be smart and think. I know, it's hard for some people.

+100

best advice i read in here for a very long time. if not, the best of all time.
Reply Quote
Look, a fan boy who just bought the game lecturing people how to play the game, rofl.

You are spending too much time in the forum than playing the game, go finish inferno and get 1 more digit on your elite kills then teach me how to play this simple game =)
Reply Quote
You have 2000 elite kills. Think back to this post when you reach 20k+.

The problem with the game is that it becomes a snoozefest way too quickly.

Thanks, you're one of those people that likes to look at profiles and determine a person's credibility on the matter because of how high their numbers are. I've been playing Diablo since it's conception, I unfortunately don't have that as well as my age on the profile. If you find it to be a snoozefest, you don't have to play it.

Umm... He is right. Your numbers do tell a story. Obviously someone who has put 300+ hours into the game will be closer to (if not already) bored of it, compared to someone with 1/10th the time played. I'm in the process of selling all my gear right now... I'm done with this game for at least a while. Don't get me wrong, I liked playing it for a while and I certainly got my moneys worth. So I'm not complaining. The point is that you WILL get tired of this game, it's just a matter of time. And honestly it should have more replay value.
Edited by Scam#1176 on 1/5/2013 5:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah... For people who play 14 hours a day.

I just don't get this logic.

People play the game more than they sleep, and then they accuse the game of being boring.

20k elite kills isn't that many.. I've played since launch and that is the result. I play games a lot in the evenings during the week (instead of watching tv, etc.). If you have been playing for ~6 months for ~3 hours a day avg. You should easily have ~20k elite kills. Especially if you're playing efficiently.
Reply Quote
im complaining today because its not tuesday and i still cant login.
getting old.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]