Diablo® III

I don't get what's so wrong...

View profile
01/02/2013 04:26 AMPosted by Arsonyst
Getting proper gear with stats that compliment your needs is the KEY component to any Diablo title.

And to think, all this time I'd been focusing on

+ Pickup Radius
+ Thorns Damage
+ Health Globe Healing Bonus
+ Off-Stats
+ Single Resist

That must be what the problem is.

Thanks for the heads up!
Reply Quote
OP, I suggest if you dont understand the general dissatisfaction with this game, try grinding out some paragon levels and see if it changes your perspective...
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 02:40 PMPosted by EzeEkke
which holds the best of the best gear in the entire continent of North America.

It's totally out of subject, but couldn't resist it: IGNORANT (sorry for the shouting, but he deserves it) North America is not a continent, that's "America" (but not as the people from the USA use it... more ignorants) North America is SUBcontinent, which means that it's part of a biger landmass (America, the continent) It's like saying the Middle East is a continent!!!

Sorry again. Luck!!

NA IS a continent. Look it up Christopher Columbus.
Reply Quote
Yep, but you had a lot more places to go to.
Farming sweetspots. Loot tables. That's what D3 is missing.

And if you didn't find that perfect unique you were looking for, at least you found tons of gems and runes to up, small charms and grand charms to reroll, the materials to try some crafting, run for keys and have an unber quest with a REAL reward, hunting dclone, trying to get that perfect socketed ethereal armor or that perfect ethereal stick for your merc.

All patches and Xpac's to D2, just like pargon, ubers, etc. They are just following the past D2 was boring for a year or two. You'll have to expect the same for D3 the aren't just going to pump it all out at once. If you're bored with it sorry you can face roll MP10 and have a hardcore toon at paragon 100.
Reply Quote
...with this game. When I got it at launch, even when I was beta testing it, people were on here complaining about the seemingly dumbest things. Now it's over half a year later and people are STILL on here complaining about the same things. Usually involving the difficulty of inferno. I'll use this as an example.

Let me tell you something about this game...to be successful at it, and have it not be "too hard", you have to be smart about your play style, first off. Getting proper gear with stats that compliment your needs is the KEY component to any Diablo title. Inferno is only difficult for you when you don't have the right gear for game play. They introduced an AH and RMAH to help accommodate for these needs.

Now, I may be going out on a stretch here, but you need to collect all the valuable items (rares) and use the ones that will work for you and sell off the other ones on the AH to make gold. The more gold you make, the more you have for more worthy items. This is how I play the game, all the items I collect I convert to gold, and then use the gold to purchase better gear, unless a good one drops for me, then I'll keep it and use it. Following this simple method, I never once had too much trouble tackling any of the game's objectives/difficulties and kept my stats up to par with my level. It is not hard to find good gear on the AH...I just got a pretty sweet bow with great stats for what I need at the moment for only 203,000 gold. You need to be smart and think. I know, it's hard for some people.

Yes, Blizzard has made some mistakes. They are not perfect. Neither are you. I will admit one complaint that was legit was the difficulty/overpowered-ness of elites. Yes, they did way more damage than was reasonable to handle. But they adjusted it, after everyone on here had to flame and hack away at the entire corporation over a flaw they should have expected from a fresh release...so to the complainers, they are listening to you, but they will be less likely to take your complaints seriously when you come across as a whiny b**** rather than a sensible, educated, mature individual.

If you are incapable of getting over a flaw or challenge in a game by adjusting your character/gameplay, you really have no business playing a game in the first place. In my honest opinion, there is nothing wrong with this game. It is perfectly fair and provides a reasonable challenge. If it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be called Inferno. You can sit here and say that the game is broken, but what I really think is that YOU are broken. Use your minds and stop trying to get Blizzard to make a game that plays itself for you, rather than you playing it. Try it sometime, it's addictive.

You don't get what's so wrong because you haven't played enough to understand the true flaws with this game. If the game wasn't so bad, the community wouldn't be so bad. There are reasons why the majority of people are whining.
Reply Quote
the only problem that i have with this game that its too addictive
too all the people that whin here at the forums i say :
Shut Up and Stop Whining
Reply Quote
...with this game. When I got it at launch, even when I was beta testing it, people were on here complaining about the seemingly dumbest things. Now it's over half a year later and people are STILL on here complaining about the same things. Usually involving the difficulty of inferno. I'll use this as an example.

Let me tell you something about this game...to be successful at it, and have it not be "too hard", you have to be smart about your play style, first off. Getting proper gear with stats that compliment your needs is the KEY component to any Diablo title. Inferno is only difficult for you when you don't have the right gear for game play. They introduced an AH and RMAH to help accommodate for these needs.

Now, I may be going out on a stretch here, but you need to collect all the valuable items (rares) and use the ones that will work for you and sell off the other ones on the AH to make gold. The more gold you make, the more you have for more worthy items. This is how I play the game, all the items I collect I convert to gold, and then use the gold to purchase better gear, unless a good one drops for me, then I'll keep it and use it. Following this simple method, I never once had too much trouble tackling any of the game's objectives/difficulties and kept my stats up to par with my level. It is not hard to find good gear on the AH...I just got a pretty sweet bow with great stats for what I need at the moment for only 203,000 gold. You need to be smart and think. I know, it's hard for some people.

Yes, Blizzard has made some mistakes. They are not perfect. Neither are you. I will admit one complaint that was legit was the difficulty/overpowered-ness of elites. Yes, they did way more damage than was reasonable to handle. But they adjusted it, after everyone on here had to flame and hack away at the entire corporation over a flaw they should have expected from a fresh release...so to the complainers, they are listening to you, but they will be less likely to take your complaints seriously when you come across as a whiny b**** rather than a sensible, educated, mature individual.

If you are incapable of getting over a flaw or challenge in a game by adjusting your character/gameplay, you really have no business playing a game in the first place. In my honest opinion, there is nothing wrong with this game. It is perfectly fair and provides a reasonable challenge. If it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be called Inferno. You can sit here and say that the game is broken, but what I really think is that YOU are broken. Use your minds and stop trying to get Blizzard to make a game that plays itself for you, rather than you playing it. Try it sometime, it's addictive.

You don't get what's so wrong because you haven't played enough to understand the true flaws with this game. If the game wasn't so bad, the community wouldn't be so bad. There are reasons why the majority of people are whining.

LOL @ Gold player! Where's your D3 handle? Get outta here troll.
Edited by Arsonyst#1242 on 1/2/2013 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
the more you play this game the worse it gets
Reply Quote
Try Path of Exile for 1 hr...and then you tell me whats "right" with D3......
Reply Quote
The OP is a perfect introduction for complete newbs who start the game and know zero about it.

For the rest of us and the seasoned veterans, it brings absolutely nothing the table.

Getting gear whos stats complement each other? Well, that is hardly a new or novel concept, and I would reasonably argue most good and seasoned players do that already.

But hey, it took 5 paragraphs to point it out. Thanks Captain Obvious

Complete waste of bandwidth.
Reply Quote
@Arsonyst

You're post is saying that many people complain that the game is too hard, that we should take "alternative" points of view of what to gear. This would be valid in the beginning of the game where everything is new, however we're 6 months in now, people know what are good and it could be found. The people complaining are people with much better gear as you, better DPS, Survival, everything. You can't honestly go tell them, whatever you're doing is wrong, take another angle at the game: quit whining, etc.

Furthermore, although you've already addressed this 4 times, I believe you've said, your elite kill count does affect you're overall point of view on this game.

500 Kills - Wow this game is so fun!

1000 Kills - I've finally hit inferno! (Estimate)

2000 Kills - If I carry on grinding and selling, I should be able to upgrade my char!

5000 Kills - ... When am I going to get my next upgrade?

10,000 Kills - Legendary/Set Ding drops ( I hope its not frostburn, voodoomask, gladiators, etc)

15,000 Kills - Okay, I've got good gear ... upgrades seem impossible ... MAYBE I'll get something, MAYBE todays my SUPER LUCKY DAY!

20,000 Kills - !@#$ this %^-* I'm going to do item flipping on AH instead

and even then it still gets boring after what? a month of item flipping? Once you hit the 15k barrier everything changes.

You also keep making many comparisons between D2:LoD and D3, what you say at times, does make sense however it feels more of an ignorant opinion, without taking into consideration what others are trying to communicate to you.

If D3, which from your comments suggest, is so much better than D2:LoD, why is there a still strong player base in D2? and Why hasn't the hardcore D2 fans all transferred to D3 if it is such a superior Diablo game?

On top of that, Diablo 3 has had around 10 million sales in the first week (correct me if I'm wrong), in the channels that I join it averages to around 40 people each time and public games ... I don't even bother checking; friends list, all dead and I'm sure this doesn't even represent 50% of the people who bought the game being active, meaning there's less than 50% active players left.

And inferno has been nerfed around 3 times now, inferno is not difficult
Reply Quote
The OP is a perfect introduction for complete newbs who start the game and know zero about it.

For the rest of us and the seasoned veterans, it brings absolutely nothing the table.

Getting gear whos stats complement each other? Well, that is hardly a new or novel concept, and I would reasonably argue most good and seasoned players do that already.

You're welcome sweetheart. When you want to learn why the game isn't broken, and how to debate without littering my thread with troll bait, hit me up and I'll be glad to give you more explanation. I understand some people are a little slower than others, it's ok.
Edited by Arsonyst#1242 on 1/2/2013 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote

You're welcome sweetheart. When you want to learn why the game isn't broken, and how to debate without littering my thread with ad-hominem, hit me up and I'll be glad to give you more explanation. I understand some people are a little slower than others, it's ok.

Yep, the expected reply of someone who knows he is cornered and has no way out.

You're welcome. Stop treating the community like a bunch of uneducated fools and maybe you won't receive the same back.

Have a lovely day.
Reply Quote

I'm not even a seasoned veteran. The game is just too boring in general.
The core mechanics they have from D2 that makes a Diablo game last has been forever gone.
This game has zero replayability (Character Recreation-wise.)
Things that are supposed to earn from learning how to play a good ARPG has become overly friendly catering features. I feel like I was treated as a 13 years old when I play this game. It was a good game only the first few times you tried through all those contents.

The Rubik's Cube in this game is only 2x2.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Kittehx
Furthermore, although you've already addressed this 4 times, I believe you've said, your elite kill count does affect you're overall point of view on this game.

Show me an official guide to analyzing Diablo III and how many elite kills I need to have an official opinion on the subject, and I'll be more than happy to comply. Other than that, I'm gonna take this along with the other similarly structured arguments/comments as elitist banter not worthy of admission. You haven't named a single point debunking the arguments I've made all over this thread, instead you are fixated on a number in my profile. Perhaps because you have no argument? Would seem to be the logical answer.

You also keep making many comparisons between D2:LoD and D3, what you say at times, does make sense however it feels more of an ignorant opinion, without taking into consideration what others are trying to communicate to you.

Right, because I've been playing the series probably longer than you've been alive, means I have no background to judge a new title, aside from the fact that I've played it from beginning to end several times already.

If D3, which from your comments suggest, is so much better than D2:LoD, why is there a still strong player base in D2? and Why hasn't the hardcore D2 fans all transferred to D3 if it is such a superior Diablo game?

Again, this argument doesn't really help you point because you have no data to prove that the D2 player base is larger than the D3 player base. Aside from inadmissible fodder, you are putting words in my mouth; I never said it is superior, I just said they made drastic improvement. SC2 is a great title, yet there are people that still play the first one. Should I assume that SC2 is a garbage game because some people haven't moved on from SC1?

On top of that, Diablo 3 has had around 10 million sales in the first week (correct me if I'm wrong), in the channels that I join it averages to around 40 people each time and public games ... I don't even bother checking; friends list, all dead and I'm sure this doesn't even represent 50% of the people who bought the game being active, meaning there's less than 50% active players left.

If you don't bother checking, no need to make a point about it; you are unaware.

And inferno has been nerfed around 3 times now, inferno is not difficult

It never was hard to begin with, except for an elite mob adjustment that was needed. You'll find that was the whole point, and it was just an example. I didn't include all the other things listed in the thread because I would have been writing an essay to which would have spanned at least a mile long. But alright, I could have chosen a better example. My mistake captain nitbit.
Reply Quote

You're welcome sweetheart. When you want to learn why the game isn't broken, and how to debate without littering my thread with ad-hominem, hit me up and I'll be glad to give you more explanation. I understand some people are a little slower than others, it's ok.

Yep, the expected reply of someone who knows he is cornered and has no way out.

You're welcome. Stop treating the community like a bunch of uneducated fools and maybe you won't receive the same back.

Have a lovely day.

Stupid post gets a stupid reply. Being outnumbered opinion-wise doesn't mean I am wrong nor is it deterring me from my position. I'm not here to change your mind, I'm here to point out your fallacy and maybe have a small laugh at you pounding your fists into your keyboard.
Reply Quote
Arsonyst, I'm also a D2:LoD veteran, I'm avoiding the comparisons because the way you are speaking is very ignorant.

01/02/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Arsonyst
Show me an official guide to analyzing Diablo III and how many elite kills I need to have an official opinion on the subject, and I'll be more than happy to comply. Other than that, I'm gonna take this along with the other similarly structured arguments/comments as elitist banter not worthy of admission. You haven't named a single point debunking the arguments I've made all over this thread, instead you are fixated on a number in my profile. Perhaps because you have no argument? Would seem to be the logical answer.

You don't need an official guide to understand more elite kills = more playtime its the same as an adult in their 40's perspective vs a teenagers: Who's view would be more mature? It's a no brainer.

Your comment is a clear display of ignorance.

01/02/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Arsonyst
you are putting words in my mouth; I never said it is superior, I just said they made drastic improvement

drastic improvement = superior
slightly better is still superior.

Since D3 is a "Drastic Improvement" why hasn't it won over the hardcore D3 fans? yet another post which shows ignorance. If D3 was such a success D2 should dead, however their player base is still "Strong", whereas the D3 playerbase is still wavering.

Go check D2jsp, the D2 community is still strong

If you really want to make comparisons between D2:LoD and D3, I'm all open, but please state the pros and cons that D3 has versus D2:

D3 Pros:

Auto gold pickup
Health globes
Private loot
Graphics
MUCH superior combat system
Auction house
Resource systems: AP, Fury, etc

Cons:
Auction house
Skill diversity
Loot/Reward system
End Game
Pot/TP Cooldowns
Social aspect

D2 Pros:
More Depth
Horadoric Cube
Charms
Runes
Gems
Quests
(List is too long Cba but can elaborate if you want me to)

Cons:
Economy

Without naming shared cons, this is all that I could come up with at the top of my head as both games share botting and duping issues.

So what does D3 have that makes it SO much better?

Graphics?
Combat system?

Despite everything else having the same issues such as economical, botting and duping?
Reply Quote
Right, because I've been playing the series probably longer than you've been alive, means I have no background to judge a new title, aside from the fact that I've played it from beginning to end several times already.

oooh... is this about being an old ****er? Can I play? How many grandkids do YOU have... I got kids that have kids that are older than my kids... true story...

Personally, I'd at LEAST finish out inferno before claiming to have "played from beginning to end" and declaring myself competent to judge a new title, but since any dissention in your little thread is obviously not acceptable, I'll just keep that **** under my hat, and go with you being obviously more intelligent and mature and whatever else you feel the need to add than anyone else here.

blizzard ****ed up the best video game franchise ever made.
Edited by aelwero#1851 on 1/2/2013 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]