Diablo® III

In defense of Diablo 3

Games not that bad people.....

Watch it then comment if you want, Ill be ignoreing the wehated3trolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f5Ebcs_A4U&list=UUoab4ctJcfFKSTmQSNPkM4w&index=1

Also for those who commented negativity, I made a follow up vid just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E19E_q464-c&list=UUoab4ctJcfFKSTmQSNPkM4w&index=1
Edited by Gio#1494 on 1/5/2013 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I wouldn't say the RMAH "legitimized" things...however, it did put one thing into the spotlight: the fact that idiots wanted to be considered elite so badly that they were willing to throw down hundreds of real dollars to buy in-game items without thinking about the consequences, the main consequence being that when you buy ENDGAME gear, you make FINDING that same gear less rewarding.

Let's say I buy an entire Zunimassa set on the AH, window shop till I find the exact rolls I want...then I find one Zunimassa piece out in the field, with rolls that aren't ideal. Obviously, it's gonna look sucky.

So far, I've bought one set piece on the AH, a Chantodo's Force, I think, couldn't have been all that great because I have other gear in my stash that I've FOUND that's better than that. But the point is, there are still a bunch of sets I'm yet to find, once I get to higher MP levels and higher Paragon levels.

People BUY gear (with either real money or gold), then they wonder why they aren't finding upgrades. Gee, I wonder why.

That's one big thing I never see when trolls hit the forums complaining that the game is unrewarding...how much time and effort was spent in the Auction House buying stuff they should've found. "But drop rates suck!" Yeah, if your MF, MP and Plvl are all stupidly low. Hell, even if they're low, you can still get good stuff. My level 53 Softcore Barb got to Hell this morning, found a Blackguard legendary. Not epic or godly, far from it, but it was still an upgrade. Most people would've found that and said, "crap, won't sell for more than 100k, if that." But it upgraded what I had on my weapon slot, and that's what mattered.

I like this game and look forward to expansions coming out. If the expansions do next to nothing to add any depth, then I guess at that point, I'll call it and start winding down my interest because the cap on how good it can get will have been reached. However, if the expansions give the game more depth, more quests, more things to do, more skills to try out, more classes to build and work on, etc., etc., D3 can be what D2 was. I'm confident.
Reply Quote
I agree, only thing is I still feel that regardless of the ammount of money one spends on the RMAH they can only hit a certain point in gear. There are only so many really really good peices of gear up. I mean if someone was to drop 250 bucks a peice over a few weeks inorder to get the best of the best then its possible..
Reply Quote
Nice video. It won't help much, but I enjoyed the listen, and you made some good points. And you're right, the community has torn this game down unfairly.

I liked that you sold a legendary at the end of the video. Case and point! Ha! :P

Thanks for making this, hopefully it helps some people see past the trolls.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 1/4/2013 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
the game does have its issues but the patchs seem to be getting better and better look at 1.06 adding paragon or 1.05 buffing legendarys im expecting 1.07 to do something amazing to and most likely it will

anyway with the games problems still very much playable

also to another thing the build diversity in the game is what you make of it you have to go out and come up with something new

for example when i capped on my barb i got lucky a nice orange 2 handed axe drop so i made a 2 hander rend/cleave healing spec out of it that i still use to this day
Edited by ahunter#1221 on 1/4/2013 1:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
I guess a lot of people expected this game to make them 13 years old all over again.

But then they got the game and realized they're still the same miserable and jaded adult who hates everything that is new.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 1/4/2013 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was there playing Diablo 1 in my younger years on a piece of crap pentium 60. I've played everything else after that's Diablo related including the dozens of clones produced over the years.

What do I think of Diablo III? I think it has its flaws, but overall it's been a very fun game. I have a few issues about it (no offline, RMAH) but I have reluctantly forgiven these things and enjoyed the game nonetheless, for almost 100 hours now.

Regarding people who want D3 to be like D2 - I feel your pain, but keep in mind most other RPGs this gen (even last gen) have been streamlined and made more casual, get used to it, it's big-business gaming now that video games sell millions of units. There's always the indie scene if you're disgruntled.
Reply Quote
People bought and sold items on diablo 2 through ebay and 3rd party sites. RMAH was simply a request of the player base from the previous games..... and I applaud blizz for it.
Reply Quote
downvoted , moving on
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 01:31 PMPosted by TheSaint
People bought and sold items on diablo 2 through ebay and 3rd party sites. RMAH was simply a request of the player base from the previous games..... and I applaud blizz for it.

Now, all they need to do is sell bots, and spam bots. YAY for your hypocritical reasoning.

or they could ban them... like they have been.... lol who is the hypocrit now
Reply Quote
Now, all they need to do is sell bots, and spam bots. YAY for your hypocritical reasoning.

or they could ban them... like they have been.... lol who is the hypocrit now

ouch...lol
Reply Quote
His argument is that it's pretty much the same thing as D1 and D2.

Except.... It's not.

Yeah sure they're all dungeon sprawls. But D3 is like night and day compared to the first two.

Sorry... This game just has less of everything. It shines in some areas like the graphics. And it does feel nice swing a big axe into a demons face. But they missed everything falling short of there.

IMO what killed this game(well... besides the AH which I think is the single reason this game sucks) is the itemization is awful.

Why do I have to build crit... For every god damn class??? It makes sense for barbs but wizards and wit ch doctors? Every build is the same. If I'm a wizard why would I take a high dps axe over a high intelligence wand or staff? The role playing element is gone and the itemization is incredibly bland and boring.

The problem is the bar was set WAY TOO HIGH. D1 and D2 were both completely revolutionary games for their time.

D3 fell flat on its face trying to live up to the expectations. There is nothing innovative about this game. Less builds, less stat viability, less items, less depth.

Well, I'm gonna go back to hovering the auction house bid sniping items with crit and attack speed. Because you spend more hours on the AH then playing the actual game... Flipping items is ironically more rewarding than playing the actual game.
Edited by PhxdB#1843 on 1/4/2013 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
I guess a lot of people expected this game to make them 13 years old all over again.

But then they got the game and realized they're still the same miserable and jaded adult who hates everything that is new.

Somewhat harsh. People should realize that DIII is a different interpretation of the series and not a successor. Comparing both games is the same as comparing works of art from two different artists. My expectations were never delusional, so I try playing the game without bias. Although incredibly fun, the game lacks depth in many areas. There's a lot of angst because of this, but with access to Blizzard's resources, I'll continue to give Wilson the benefit of the doubt.

Or, it's a sequel. A direct sequel. Without even so much as a subtitle. Not even like Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness -> Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. Just straight up Diablo I -> Diablo II -> Diablo III.

Comparing the game isn't any different than comparing movie sequels, book sequels, or any other artistic medium/franchise with multiple installments. You can, for example, directly compare the Halo franchise installments, even though Halo 4 is from a completely different company. The Harry Potter film series changes directors and screenwriters. As does the Star Trek film series, and the James Bond series.

You can compare the Guitar Hero franchise with incredible similarity to the Diablo franchise. RedOctane and Harmonix together developed Guitar Hero I and II, then RedOctane was bought by Activision, who through Neversoft released Guitar Hero III, while Harmonix split off to create the Rock Band series. Just because Guitar Hero III didn't have Harmonix on board like they did with I and II, and only some of the RedOctane team remained with Activision and Neversoft, doesn't mean you can't compare Guitar Hero I and II with III and later installments. After all, they're all Guitar Hero games. And each installment in the franchise is a direct sequel or expansion/offshoot.

Neither does it follow that just because the creators of Diablo I and II, Blizard North, folded and Activision acquired Blizzard Entertainment and produced Diablo III, that you can't or shouldn't compare them.
Edited by Mith#1762 on 1/4/2013 4:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
bad video, bad sound recording, bad at expressing his opinion without attacking people with a different opinion.

overall score: bad
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]