Diablo® III

In defense of Diablo 3

I wouldn't say the RMAH "legitimized" things...however, it did put one thing into the spotlight: the fact that idiots wanted to be considered elite so badly that they were willing to throw down hundreds of real dollars to buy in-game items without thinking about the consequences, the main consequence being that when you buy ENDGAME gear, you make FINDING that same gear less rewarding.

Let's say I buy an entire Zunimassa set on the AH, window shop till I find the exact rolls I want...then I find one Zunimassa piece out in the field, with rolls that aren't ideal. Obviously, it's gonna look sucky.

So far, I've bought one set piece on the AH, a Chantodo's Force, I think, couldn't have been all that great because I have other gear in my stash that I've FOUND that's better than that. But the point is, there are still a bunch of sets I'm yet to find, once I get to higher MP levels and higher Paragon levels.

People BUY gear (with either real money or gold), then they wonder why they aren't finding upgrades. Gee, I wonder why.

That's one big thing I never see when trolls hit the forums complaining that the game is unrewarding...how much time and effort was spent in the Auction House buying stuff they should've found. "But drop rates suck!" Yeah, if your MF, MP and Plvl are all stupidly low. Hell, even if they're low, you can still get good stuff. My level 53 Softcore Barb got to Hell this morning, found a Blackguard legendary. Not epic or godly, far from it, but it was still an upgrade. Most people would've found that and said, "crap, won't sell for more than 100k, if that." But it upgraded what I had on my weapon slot, and that's what mattered.

The issue is that if you want to be end-game geared, you almost have to spend real money. I refused for as long as I could to spend real money, until one day I had it and spent $50 on some gold to gear up my DH. (and $50 only got me a 100k dps MF glass cannon)

I spent around 400 hours playing this game and have found nothing that even resembles an "end-game item". That doesn't make sense at all. Keep in mind that I've always ran at over 330%MF and have been farming act 3 since a week after release. Yeah, I find tons of rare items and have found a fair amount of legendary items, all of which are not even that good.

That's just sad. After 400 hours, I should have one character very well geared or at least a decent amount of pretty good gear over all my characters. Unfortunately, most of the gear on my characters currently were obtained from the GAH (only the DH has used bought gold), but it's still ridiculous that I can't find any real "good gear" after hundreds of hours of farming.

That's why people don't like this game. It's highly... highly unrewarding.
Edited by Yura#2182 on 1/5/2013 9:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
Games not that bad people.....

Watch it then comment if you want, Ill be ignoreing the wehated3trolls.

Which 3 trolls were hated??
Reply Quote
Video starts by saying "people who hate Diablo 3 are dumb", a typical zealot fanboyish comment.

Reason why I hate Diablo 3:

RMAH =Pay to win
Cartoonish art style unlinke dark gothic setting in D1/D2
Bland music compared to D1/D2
Poor story and cheesy dialogues
Removal of stat points
Edited by warmonger#1566 on 1/5/2013 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
@paglatant I'd rather say a typical zealot fanatic hater? YOU!? Your comment just shows how stupid you are... Why are you still in this forum if you don't like the game?? Just leave it! I would just leave it, lol... why making your live bad yourself???... lol Here is a suggestion for you: path of exile - which I don't like but I know some do favor it because of the reasons you stated you would not like diablo.
Wow - and Rmah? still one noob who didn't heard of Ebay...

@thread I reay like your defense of D3.

But don't make your day bad. Just ignore the negative thoughts created by people and have fun! I don't know why some peple have to literally spam their bad mood into forums and make it look like everyone would be of the same opinion... just look at their posts they one person is like 10% of the forum sometimes. Now look at the huge size of players, one person spamming can seem alot, while it is 0.01% of player base?

Of course some criticism can be agreed, but there is always too much trash talked about that is simply wrong or overexxagerated (like ME NO FIND NO LEGENDARY game sucks!!1111) Making the game worse as it is.

Because of all this trash I know most people who like to play the game don't even look into forums... So you will never get a majority of positive players in these forums (when the game is big).

ps: I haven't looked at your videos because I don't like to care about haters. But while flying around the forums I noticed this thread. - My huge respect to forum moderators at this point, must be one of the hardest jobs ever! -

Well I understand your urge to put this right. I hope you find fun with that work :) Cee ya.

You know what would be cool? Monthly fees for Diablo3 (but lower of course) so people who stopped playing couldn't spam anymore... Only for that reason it would be cool.
Edited by ffFiend#2900 on 1/5/2013 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
@paglatant I'd rather say a typical zealot fanatic hater? YOU!? Your comment just shows how stupid you are... Why are you still in this forum if you don't like the game?? Just leave it! I would just leave it, lol... why making your live bad yourself???... lol Here is a suggestion for you: path of exile - which I don't like but I know some do favor it because of the reasons you stated you would not like diablo.
Wow - and Rmah? still one noob who didn't heard of Ebay...

@thread I reay like your defense of D3.

But don't make your day bad. Just ignore the negative thoughts created by people and have fun! I don't know why some peple have to literally spam their bad mood into forums and make it look like everyone would be of the same opinion... just look at their posts they one person is like 10% of the forum sometimes. Now look at the huge size of players, one person spamming can seem alot, while it is 0.01% of player base?

Of course some criticism can be agreed, but there is always too much trash talked about that is simply wrong or overexxagerated (like ME NO FIND NO LEGENDARY game sucks!!1111) Making the game worse as it is.

Because of all this trash I know most people who like to play the game don't even look into forums... So you will never get a majority of positive players in these forums (when the game is big).

ps: I haven't looked at your videos because I don't like to care about haters. But while flying around the forums I noticed this thread. - My huge respect to forum moderators at this point, must be one of the hardest jobs ever! -

Well I understand your urge to put this right. I hope you find fun with that work :) Cee ya.

You know what would be cool? Monthly fees for Diablo3 (but lower of course) so people who stopped playing couldn't spam anymore... Only for that reason it would be cool.

FYI, calling people "Dumb" or "stupid" doesn't make you smarter, it's make you look desperate and silly. Last time I checked forum's code of conduct allows people to criticize the game to make positive impact on the game and future games. I like many others have stated our reasons disliking this game. If you can't handle criticism, forums are the last place to express your emotional attachment towards this game.
Edited by warmonger#1566 on 1/5/2013 12:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Video is !@#$, and you have the logic of a woman who rides the short bus.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't say the RMAH "legitimized" things...however, it did put one thing into the spotlight: the fact that idiots wanted to be considered elite so badly that they were willing to throw down hundreds of real dollars to buy in-game items without thinking about the consequences, the main consequence being that when you buy ENDGAME gear, you make FINDING that same gear less rewarding.

Let's say I buy an entire Zunimassa set on the AH, window shop till I find the exact rolls I want...then I find one Zunimassa piece out in the field, with rolls that aren't ideal. Obviously, it's gonna look sucky.

So far, I've bought one set piece on the AH, a Chantodo's Force, I think, couldn't have been all that great because I have other gear in my stash that I've FOUND that's better than that. But the point is, there are still a bunch of sets I'm yet to find, once I get to higher MP levels and higher Paragon levels.

People BUY gear (with either real money or gold), then they wonder why they aren't finding upgrades. Gee, I wonder why.

That's one big thing I never see when trolls hit the forums complaining that the game is unrewarding...how much time and effort was spent in the Auction House buying stuff they should've found. "But drop rates suck!" Yeah, if your MF, MP and Plvl are all stupidly low. Hell, even if they're low, you can still get good stuff. My level 53 Softcore Barb got to Hell this morning, found a Blackguard legendary. Not epic or godly, far from it, but it was still an upgrade. Most people would've found that and said, "crap, won't sell for more than 100k, if that." But it upgraded what I had on my weapon slot, and that's what mattered.

The issue is that if you want to be end-game geared, you almost have to spend real money. I refused for as long as I could to spend real money, until one day I had it and spent $50 on some gold to gear up my DH. (and $50 only got me a 100k dps MF glass cannon)

I spent around 400 hours playing this game and have found nothing that even resembles an "end-game item". That doesn't make sense at all. Keep in mind that I've always ran at over 330%MF and have been farming act 3 since a week after release. Yeah, I find tons of rare items and have found a fair amount of legendary items, all of which are not even that good.

That's just sad. After 400 hours, I should have one character very well geared or at least a decent amount of pretty good gear over all my characters. Unfortunately, most of the gear on my characters currently were obtained from the GAH (only the DH has used bought gold), but it's still ridiculous that I can't find any real "good gear" after hundreds of hours of farming.

That's why people don't like this game. It's highly... highly unrewarding.

That's the main problem with D3. Reaching that sweet spot in terms of gear gets harder and harder depending on where you're at in the power curve. They decided to get rid of season play in favor of it taking a very long time to progress that far on the power curve. If you decide to simply ignore season play then you'd better think pretty hard on how to keep your players happy in between. How are you going to keep your players happy in terms of rewards?

That's where things go wrong. For people using the AH to move along the power curve that flaw becomes noticeable sooner than those that don't. That explains why some people have no problem with the loot and others have. Improving drop rates doesn't solve the issue at hand, it only prolongs the inevitable. The inevitable being the garbage you will find most of the time with the very very rare bis find.

D2 had ladder play and decent drop rates. Of course you had the days of dry runs, but eventually it was pretty consistent with its rewards. You have the choice of playing OP'ed all the time (non-ladder, just like D3 is now) or start fresh (ladder). They so desperately try to reflect real life economy into this game, which failed miserably btw, that they lose sight of what's really important.

It's important to consistently provide the player with useful rewards. This game needs less useless drops and better quality drops. This can't be fixed by improving drop rates alone. It's not the amount of loot available, it's the quality. There's very little variety in what you want on your items. Most legendaries are still useless. Quite a few legendaries can't be beaten by rares. Legendaries in general are not rewarding enough. At some point you're going to hit that brick wall where the game becomes mind-numbingly boring. It's inevitable. I don't understand why they dislike the idea of having season play. I really don't. It's a good solution to keep everyone happy. People can choose either way, whatever they enjoy.

We find tons of white trash items. What's the point of (cracked/normal/superior) white items currently? Why drop them at all? D3 already has too much garbage magical/rare items. Make them useful in some way or remove them. I could run around with a cracked javelin in D2 hell difficulty with my javazon (impossible in D3 due to weapon based DPS so another solution is needed). 4, 5 and 6 affix rare crafting plans. Well, pretty useless at the moment. Waste of time since farming for stuff is much more efficient. The crafting system could use an overhaul.

Give white items a quality level. Higher qlvl being more rare. Use whites in crafting recipes. Get rid of rare blacksmith plans and let the quality level determine the number of affixes. Allow damaged items (qlvl -1) to be repaired at the blacksmith with a small chance to get a qlvl > 0.

Instead of rare blacksmith plans introduce crafting runes that can be given to the blacksmith to be used together with white items at the blacksmith to create all kinds of crazy/fun combinations not found with drops. You could introduce bonus affixes with certain rune combinations you collect. Way better than all the random crafting garbage we're getting right now, which simply can't beat loot that drops.

Blue items are worthless at the moment. Allow 1 - 3 affix blue items to drop. Boost the affixes that can spawn on blue items so they can somewhat compete with rares. You could choose a blue over a rare if you need a specific stat which then has a potential to be much higher on a blue item. You could still have the choice of salvaging the blue or yellow items to craft items.
Reply Quote

That cracks me up. RMAH was requested by the same people that were making $$ on the 3rd party sites. It's a way for Blizzard to make sure they get their cut, and it encourages botting, multi-boxing, and other less than savory farming practices, all in a game that's supposed to be fun.

The end result is a !@#$ed up economy for the bulk of players who don't treat the game like a job.

I'd love to know how many of the millions that bought the game still play. None of the dozen or so people that I knew in RL do.

That's exactly what DII was, unless you played offline. Personally, I don't mind the economy as of now. Gear is affordable and finding upgrades is extremely satisfying.
Diablo should be a grinding game, in my opinion.

FYI, calling people "Dumb" or "stupid" doesn't make you smarter, it's make you look desperate and silly. Last time I checked forum's code of conduct allows people to criticize the game to make positive impact on the game and future games. I like many others have stated our reasons disliking this game. If you can't handle criticism, forums are the last place to express your emotional attachment towards this game.

Referring to people as "fanboy" doesn't?

No. If I refer "fan of diablo 3" instead of "fanboy", will you be happy?. Fanboy is someone is a fan of something. I consider myself fanboy of lot of things
Edited by warmonger#1566 on 1/5/2013 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 04:53 AMPosted by MGH
You are right unfortunately.Hope new gaming companies will emerge and start to create fun games again that need to be played using your brain.

thats what kickstarter is there for.. many older game designers who got frustrated with the state of the industry and are trying to make something on there own.. hopefully brings about some great games...

im personally VERY excited about a certain space faring game by one of my favourite game designers that just broke some crowd funding records.. Dev team actively engaging with the gamers on regular basis about where the game is heading and what can be expected..

very refreshing

Care to give me the name of this game? I'm interesting in games made by small team of passionate developers.

Personnaly I'm looking forward to playing Xenonauts. I was a fan of "ufo : enemy unknown" and the firaxis game was disappointing like diablo3.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f5Ebcs_A4U&list=UUoab4ctJcfFKSTmQSNPkM4w&index=1

"[you] are all dumb, because I...." isn't the best way to open a discussion if you want to change anyone's mind, FYI. Should have titled the thread "In Offense of Diablo 3 Players."

Downvoted for trolling.
Reply Quote
I like the way you think; video was correct. It's good to see like minded people on the forum...there aren't many of us left. I started first day of beta and still play (and enjoy) the game.

Not sure about the Auction House comment of yours because I have never bought any item from either of them.

Keep rockin' ... the keyboard cowards are gonna troll and hate; it's all they know.
Reply Quote
I watched video and had a good laugh... Not at him saying people are dumb but at the comments people posted telling him otherwise....

Also he disabled the comments in the second video... I guess people don't all agree with him..

Thanks for the laugh!
Reply Quote
Games not that bad people.....

Watch it then comment if you want, Ill be ignoreing the wehated3trolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f5Ebcs_A4U&list=UUoab4ctJcfFKSTmQSNPkM4w&index=1

Also for those who commented negativity, I made a follow up vid just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E19E_q464-c&list=UUoab4ctJcfFKSTmQSNPkM4w&index=1

Dude, at first I was on your side but then after viewing your videos I changed my mind. You can't say people are dumb like that and expect positive feedback ? You expressed your opinion basically by telling D3 is good, if you don't like it you are dumb.

I like D3 and enjoy it a lot since day 1. Both of your videos are embarrasing me and I feel sorry for you because you look very bad right now.
Reply Quote
Second video is even worse. You call everyone who disagrees "dumb" a hundred times in vid 1, then when people comment back that you are, you get offended. Typical kid.

Nice move turning off the comments on youtube as well. lol
Edited by Otis#1467 on 1/6/2013 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]