Diablo® III

Poll Suggestions!

Since you are the one who seems to be posting all those polls on the main page, may I make some suggestions to this? Most people are concerned that these polls have very little to the game or even to gathering information to improve it; it appears to be nonsensical data collection. Instead, how about you do polls about things that we the players may want the Developers to know about and to focus on? For example Poll Titles:

Which Feature do you think needs addressing the most in the next patch?
-> PVP
-> Itemization
-> Lag and/or Rubberbanding
-> A combination of the three above

Which Act do you think requires the most polishing, in terms of content in that Act, or monster density?
-> Act 1
-> Act 2
-> Act 3
-> Act 4
-> All Acts are fine.

Which Crafting skill do you think requires more time and effort put into it to make it a viable option?
-> Blacksmithing
-> Jewelcrafting
-> No Change

Which Diablo 3 boss do you think needs the most work on to make it competitive compared to the other bosses?
-> Butcher
-> Belial
-> Azmodan
-> Diablo
-> No Change

Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?
-> Act 1
-> Act 2
-> Act 3
-> Act 4
-> All Acts are equally good.

Which Stat Affix that is required for MP do you think needs to be upgraded so that it is competitive to other Stats?
-> Single Resistance
-> Life on Hit
-> Life on Kill
-> Off Stats (ie Dex for Barb)
-> HP from Health Globes/Potions
-> No change needed

I think Lylirra if you posted polls on these topics, or related to them that the Playerbase would be more enthusiatic when you make them, and less negative overall.
Reply Quote
Wow, not even 1 reply?
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Bonegrinder
Most people are concerned that these polls have very little to the game or even to gathering information to improve it

To me, it seems pretty clear that the point of those polls is to gather information that will then be used to design PvP arenas or Act 5.

Unfortunately, the polls are useless because most people apparently do not know how to read and cast their votes with gameplay in mind.
Reply Quote
-> PVP
-> Itemization
-> Lag and/or Rubberbanding

Probably PVP since Blizzard promised to talk about it since the beginning of the game although Itemization is lacking as well. People only go for a few item drops for rares and then just look for legendary/set items.

Gems drop like candy but you need the plans to upgrade them more which are expensive and hardly drop at all, and upgrading the gems is really expensive for the casual player (so if you bot, flip items or sell lame items at ridiculous prices you'll be fine).

BS plans are all BS. Rare plans are cheap on the AH for a reason, they suck. Why spend a ton of gold on crafting and rely on the RNG when you can just find the same item (to an extent) from farming and get even more money to buy the upgrades you want? Crafting is far too expensive when it comes to both materials and gold costs.

Legendary/set plans again high level plans don't compare at all to the drops so you might as well ignore these as well because they are even MORE expensive.

Which Act do you think requires the most polishing, in terms of content in that Act, or monster density?
-> Act 1
-> Act 2
-> Act 3
-> Act 4
-> All Acts are fine.

Act 1-2 need more monster density, act 4 needs more areas to explore for more elites and more interesting things to do. Act 4 is a lame act and should really be fixed.

Which Crafting skill do you think requires more time and effort put into it to make it a viable option?
-> Blacksmithing
-> Jewelcrafting
-> No Change

Blacksmithing. Jewelcrafting can be looked into after when it comes to alternate uses for jewels.

Which Diablo 3 boss do you think needs the most work on to make it competitive compared to the other bosses?
-> Butcher
-> Belial
-> Azmodan
-> Diablo
-> No Change

Belial is the best. Butcher could use a bit more love and perhaps make him faster, Azmodan should have a constant flow of those demon soldiers coming into the fight to aid him, Diablo... well some things you can't fix.

Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?
-> Act 1
-> Act 2
-> Act 3
-> Act 4
-> All Acts are equally good.

Act 3 because of monster density.

Which Stat Affix that is required for MP do you think needs to be upgraded so that it is competitive to other Stats?
-> Single Resistance
-> Life on Hit
-> Life on Kill
-> Off Stats (ie Dex for Barb)
-> HP from Health Globes/Potions
-> No change needed

Yeesh... buff single resistance and you simply buff only monk players... Life on hit is generally fine except amethysts. Either life on kill on making it more viable against bosses/players, off stats to make stats have more then just damage/armor, hp from globes/potions so that globes are given a higher % chance to drop.

Probably off stats in making them more useful. A good example is TL2 on how each stat offers plenty of bonuses.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Iskra
To me, it seems pretty clear that the point of those polls is to gather information that will then be used to design PvP arenas or Act 5.

Huh. Didn't see it from that angle but nice catch.

I was looking at it that Blizzard wants to see what they got right and then fix the other areas with lowest votes.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We enjoy making polls that engage players on multiple different levels, not just about gameplay mechanics, like seeing who people believe is the greatest “Great Evil,” or what Act III environment is your favorite from a purely aesthetic perspective. With that in mind, the bulk of the ideas you listed aren’t really appropriate for our weekly polls (though I did like “Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?” Thanks!). The polls we post are used to discuss the game as it is now and encourage discussion on those topics; they aren’t made to act as a sort of petition system in order to enact changes on various topics.

We realize that different players have all sorts of varied feedback on portions of the game. That’s totally cool and we genuinely do welcome and encourage that feedback. However, when I read through this list, I noticed a common trend that I wanted to address.

Each act, boss, and stat affix in Diablo III aren’t meant to be equal or directly competitive with each other. For instance, the various bosses should pose a notable challenge leading up to the final show-down with Diablo, but I think it’s unrealistic to expect for all bosses to be precisely as difficult as say, the Lord of Terror: Diablo. They have different abilities and tactics that will pose varying challenges to different classes, much as different affix combinations on Elites are more or less challenging to players depending on who you talk to, what gear they are wearing, etc. In terms of stat affixes, you might also want to check out what I said in this thread. In short: we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear and it would be impossible (and even boring) if everything were exactly equal.
Reply Quote

-> Act 4

-> Azmodan (because that is the only one we see. no one does A4)

-> Blacksmithing

-> Single Resistance

-> Act 3 (doh...)
Reply Quote
No matter how skilful and careful you move your char away from the Frozen range, the moment you got out of the range, the elite will Vortex you back and then you are screwed.
I think Blizzard really needs to look into this combination of affixes. It's a luck-check, not a genuine-check.
Reply Quote
We enjoy making polls that engage players on multiple different levels, not just about gameplay mechanics, like seeing [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7864428/Poll_Whos_the_Greatest_%E2%80%9CGreat_Evil%E2%80%9D-11_13_2012"]who people believe is the greatest “Great Evil,”[/url] or [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8132312/Poll_Which_Act_III_Environment_is_Your_Favorite-12_12_2012 "]what Act III environment is your favorite from a purely aesthetic perspective[/url]. With that in mind, the bulk of the ideas you listed aren’t really appropriate for our weekly polls (though I did like “Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?” Thanks!). The polls we post are used to discuss the game as it is now and encourage discussion on those topics; they aren’t made to act as a sort of petition system in order to enact changes on various topics.

We realize that different players have all sorts of varied feedback on portions of the game. That’s totally cool and we genuinely do welcome and encourage that feedback. However, when I read through this list, I noticed a common trend that I wanted to address.

Each act, boss, and stat affix in Diablo III aren’t meant to be equal or directly competitive with each other. For instance, the various bosses should pose a notable challenge leading up to the final show-down with Diablo, but I think it’s unrealistic to expect for all bosses to be precisely as difficult as say, the Lord of Terror: Diablo. They have different abilities and tactics that will pose varying challenges to different classes, much as different affix combinations on Elites are more or less challenging to players depending on who you talk to, what gear they are wearing, etc. In terms of stat affixes, you might also want to check out what I said in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383848513?page=2#31"]this thread[/url]. In short: we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear and it would be impossible (and even boring) if everything were exactly equal.
GHOME was way harder than Diablo in inferno. Just saying.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Vaeflare
it would be impossible (and even boring) if everything were exactly equal.

it's a sad day in gaming history when the CMs make it so blatantly obvious that they do not play the game they represent...sigh...one example....one lol, pick up radius, that's all you have for "choosing" between affixes? lol....and the quote....where's that facepalm pic when you need it

i understand that it's your job to be optimistic..but man...you set yourself up there with that one :/
Edited by ghostblade#1122 on 12/14/2012 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
We enjoy making polls that engage players on multiple different levels, not just about gameplay mechanics, like seeing [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7864428/Poll_Whos_the_Greatest_%E2%80%9CGreat_Evil%E2%80%9D-11_13_2012"]who people believe is the greatest “Great Evil,”[/url] or [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8132312/Poll_Which_Act_III_Environment_is_Your_Favorite-12_12_2012 "]what Act III environment is your favorite from a purely aesthetic perspective[/url]. With that in mind, the bulk of the ideas you listed aren’t really appropriate for our weekly polls (though I did like “Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?” Thanks!). The polls we post are used to discuss the game as it is now and encourage discussion on those topics; they aren’t made to act as a sort of petition system in order to enact changes on various topics.

Each act, boss, and stat affix in Diablo III aren’t meant to be equal or directly competitive with each other. For instance, the various bosses should pose a notable challenge leading up to the final show-down with Diablo, but I think it’s unrealistic to expect for all bosses to be precisely as difficult as say, the Lord of Terror: Diablo. They have different abilities and tactics that will pose varying challenges to different classes, much as different affix combinations on Elites are more or less challenging to players depending on who you talk to, what gear they are wearing, etc. In terms of stat affixes, you might also want to check out what I said in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383848513?page=2#31"]this thread[/url]. In short: we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear and it would be impossible (and even boring) if everything were exactly equal.

Maybe you should consider expanding the polls so that you might actually get some useful feedback from them as opposed to "GUYS WHO IS THE BIGGEST BADDEST EVIL DUDE???"

I would consider this mindset a great example of where you guys are doing something obviously wrong and useless. I'm probably failing at not sounding like a complete jerk here, but this drives me completely batty. Really? You guys would rather use a feature on the website for what is basically a meaningless popularity contest as opposed to something potentially useful?

If you wonder why people are frustrated and upset with the game and you, this is a great example of why. Apparently it's something you're just completely oblivious to, which is unfortunate buts says a lot. A LOT.
Reply Quote

/facepalm Every blue post clearly illustrates the problem with this game. Not even the developers and/or employee's play!

Blue input has become worse than trolling.
Reply Quote

Tell me again how you manage to put up with the forums?

I can see for a few days telling yourself they are just children who don't know any better, but you gotta have some sick sort of pension plan going to have to be a CM for more than a week.
Reply Quote

Maybe you should consider expanding the polls so that you might actually get some useful feedback from them as opposed to "GUYS WHO IS THE BIGGEST BADDEST EVIL DUDE???"

I would consider this mindset a great example of where you guys are doing something obviously wrong and useless. I'm probably failing at not sounding like a complete jerk here, but this drives me completely batty. Really? You guys would rather use a feature on the website for what is basically a meaningless popularity contest as opposed to something potentially useful?

If you wonder why people are frustrated and upset with the game and you, this is a great example of why. Apparently it's something you're just completely oblivious to, which is unfortunate buts says a lot. A LOT.

You sir, are totally right. Screw those miningless polls and concentrate on important things like sh1t drops, broken mechanics and useless mechanics and important bugs (not bugs concerning RMAH, but the actual mechanics ingame...duh!)
Reply Quote
I think we need to bring back some things that diablo2 had that made it more custom. No one likes to be seen in public wearing the same shirt as their homey, so No one really likes having the same exact build as everyone else. I try and use a little bit of everything and make it work. BUT i liked in diablo 2 how i could have a 6 socketed ethereal cruel colossus sword with a zod rune and 5 enhance damage jewels and have a sword that did the most raw damage in the game. Something I had found and made myself. I find myself often going to the auction house to buy my gear. When if you find or make your gear it adds value to your character. something you and only you has. You guys almost had this when you added the black smith, accept all the gear you make is inadiquit. In diablo 2 crafted items were orange and one of a kind. We should go back to the basics and step away from world of war craft. The horodric cube was amazing! And if you were to expand on an act it would be act 4. it was short. Very short. I think the angel who Tyreal fights should be the next boss. he is a DucheBag! paradon my french. I hope yall add more classes, and make the game more customizable. This game has the potential to go far. Just wish there was more to it. Maybe add some sort of cross classing, or prestige classing. I just hope yall find a way to help me make my character unlike any other out there, and the same for everyone else. :) just a brief thought. Good Game, very happy with it. Thank you Diablo for once again Swallowing my Soul.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Each act, boss, and stat affix in Diablo III aren’t meant to be equal or directly competitive with each other.

sorry, you forgot to mention CLASSES as well.

oh, and on a side note:

JUST BUFF CLOUD OF BATS GUYS.

SERIOUSLY.

WIZ AND BARB OP.

HOOK. IT. UP.

You took away VQ, and gave us... Haunt. Thanks, BUT NO THANKS.

Critical Mass is a joke, like Grave Injustice BUT SCALES WITH MP.

HOOK. IT. UP.

I am tired of having to use 3 passivs and 2 skills to have any semblence of mana in MP10.

I am a 220k dps unbuffed wd, and the only pole that matters is the one being shoved up my you-know-what right now...

FIX IT.
Reply Quote
we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear and it would be impossible (and even boring) if everything were exactly equal.

No offense but ,in my opinion, this directly correlates to Auction House sales and the house gets a pretty nice cut.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]