Diablo® III

Poll Suggestions!

12/14/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Vaeflare
In short: we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear and it would be impossible (and even boring) if everything were exactly equal.

You know what's boring Vaeflare? Farming Act 3 over and over, there are 4 total Acts but only one is viable to farm since it has the highest monster density. Blizzard could easily fix the other 3 Acts by increasing the monster density. This would give players options to farm different Acts and experience more content.

And it wouldn't get so boring when you farm, because you can switch Act all the time and still feel that you earn the same amount of loot and XP.
Reply Quote
Black smithing..... uhh... needs to be completely re-vampped. Need more customization in the game. get rid of the random property roll. I miss the items that you knew exactly what they did. Also need to bring back jewels and rune words and custom item builds like the Cruel Colossus blade. Ghome was the hardest boss by far in inferno. The game is far too short. add side quests. Enlarge the world. Allow us to have 8 players in the game, and bring back the old chat room. Also allow us to make a game where we can hop between acts. Id like to be able to keep my marks of valor running between acts. I think you could add a lot to this game, and its a good start. I do believe in more classes. maybe add some different races to the game. I would like more customization, more crafting. I miss the normal items with a bunch of sockets. Maybe add some raids or something. Would like to be able to find my gear instead of buy it. The drop rates are starting to get good... but well... I dont know if you remember the Jamela Hack on diablo2 where you could customize your items. it would be awesome if you could add a legit version of that to the black smith where instead of having 4 random properties you can pick your properties and certain combinations would be more expensive. I also think it would be cool to be able to cast certain spells out side of your class. Like a barbarian who can shape shift into a ware wolf, or a monk who could telleport. But i would like it if i am spending the money to make something, i think my character could design something worth while. i would also like the game to have a full hot bar and be able to run with the arrow keys. so i can optimize 10 spells instead of 4. I hope yall make multiple expansions, expand the world, and i think it would be awesome if you added "decreases your cool downs by -1-10 seconds" as a modifier on some gear. I think you could add a whole new story line to diablo in stead of doing the same thing over again. Let us go kill a !@#$ing dragon! the game is great. I think it would be more fun as an arcade game personally. I hope an expansion comes out soon. and i hope yall listen to us who play the game, because we are the ones who will buy your expansion, and your game cards from walmart.
Reply Quote

Each act, boss, and stat affix in Diablo III aren’t meant to be equal or directly competitive with each other. For instance, the various bosses should pose a notable challenge leading up to the final show-down with Diablo, but I think it’s unrealistic to expect for all bosses to be precisely as difficult as say, the Lord of Terror: Diablo.

Diablo is difficult ??...please don't make me laugh.... belial/butcher is much harder...
Edited by Weaver#6310 on 12/14/2012 5:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

Each stat affix in Diablo III aren’t meant to be equal or directly competitive with each other..

then why would you ever "nerf" or "balance" anything?

ias nerf in the beginning "was more powerful than other stats and needed to be toned down"

nether tentacles..

loh & traps

and so on.. and thats just a few of the DH nerfs not adding in ones from other classes.

you all have come out several times over the last 6-7 months talking balance shortly followed by something getting nerfed and now this comment totally contradictory to the past actions.

most of the polls if i even notice them go ignored since to me they are pointless. here to shoot and kill as many demons as possible with the little amount of play time i have available.

I couldn't tell you about any of the story dialog since i escape through any of it as fast as possible to move on.. actually wish there was an option to turn off cutscenes and dialog cause i dont care to hear or see it.. it is impeding my goal of slaying as many demons as i can before work or getting sleep before work.

i would much rather see serious polls asking our collective opinions on things that matter or we as players would prefer the direction the game should be taken.

it goes back to the old forum topics and the ragefest that went on for a little while about how it was said that you all decided what was "fun" for us.

make the game.. let the players show you and decide what we as players want to do or what we as players decide is fun in the game, the Steve Jobs mentality of "im not going to give them what they want i am going to give them what i think they need and only that" needs to go away..

so far everything i had ever thought was fun or enjoyable in d2 you all have done away with or not implemented at all and anyone thats brought it up has pretty much been ridiculed off the forums. even cows you all F'd over i used to love cow runs, and you give us that whimsey crap..

i dont know who thought it was "funny" to put "my lil pony" in diablo but the bright colors and music just annoy the hell outta me to the point of wishing i had the gold back from the inferno staff i made and used maybe twice.. if ya didnt wanna redo cows coulda turned it into camels, horses, anything..

its not wow, its not a true role playing game, its an arpg... gimme a fast bow, strong sword, or overpowered spell.. point me in the general direction of massive waves of monsters to slay, then leave me the hell alone..

sorry, but i dont care about you, joebob above me or billybob below me that will prolly flame me and call me an idiot.. i dont care about your pets, how cute ya new kitten is, or that ya had a hard weekend and that your bf or gf or lesbian lover left ya..

i'd like to occasionally hear about upcoming patches and whats on the horizon, would love to hear when pvp is coming (even though i dont really pvp, but have friends lookin forward to it), would like to see sh*t like a poll saying this "do you want a socket quest? yes / no?"

like the op said meaningful polls, polls the player base can partake in to determine the direction the game is taken..

get rid of the pointless fluff, dont wanna get to know you or what ya had for dinner last night.. i want to know whats on the horizon patch wise.. what issues are being fixed.. and where i can find the next pack of mobs since i cant do boss runs..

how bout the next poll "who wants a refund on the pony staves?"
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Triumph
Maybe you should consider expanding the polls so that you might actually get some useful feedback from them as opposed to "GUYS WHO IS THE BIGGEST BADDEST EVIL DUDE???"

I think the point is, there is enough of this on the forums...do they really need front page polls about "Which is the biggest mistake Blizzard made with Diablo 3?" They would prefer to keep their front page with positive stuff, just for fun.
Edited by Connatic#1376 on 12/14/2012 6:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
We enjoy making polls that engage players on multiple different levels, not just about gameplay mechanics, like seeing [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7864428/Poll_Whos_the_Greatest_%E2%80%9CGreat_Evil%E2%80%9D-11_13_2012"]who people believe is the greatest “Great Evil,”[/url] or [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8132312/Poll_Which_Act_III_Environment_is_Your_Favorite-12_12_2012 "]what Act III environment is your favorite from a purely aesthetic perspective[/url]. With that in mind, the bulk of the ideas you listed aren’t really appropriate for our weekly polls (though I did like “Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?” Thanks!). The polls we post are used to discuss the game as it is now and encourage discussion on those topics; they aren’t made to act as a sort of petition system in order to enact changes on various topics.

We realize that different players have all sorts of varied feedback on portions of the game. That’s totally cool and we genuinely do welcome and encourage that feedback. However, when I read through this list, I noticed a common trend that I wanted to address.

Each act, boss, and stat affix in Diablo III aren’t meant to be equal or directly competitive with each other. For instance, the various bosses should pose a notable challenge leading up to the final show-down with Diablo, but I think it’s unrealistic to expect for all bosses to be precisely as difficult as say, the Lord of Terror: Diablo. They have different abilities and tactics that will pose varying challenges to different classes, much as different affix combinations on Elites are more or less challenging to players depending on who you talk to, what gear they are wearing, etc. In terms of stat affixes, you might also want to check out what I said in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383848513?page=2#31"]this thread[/url]. In short: we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear and it would be impossible (and even boring) if everything were exactly equal.

While not exactly equal, there really isn't much for decisions in terms of gear.. you just go for the one with the higher numbers. It's not like we choose whether we should trade a lower DPS weapon with 20% crushing blow for a higher dps weapon for 5% deadly strike anymore.. It's about oh, I'm a wizard, and this has 40 more int, 10 less critical damage but 100 more dps. I think I'm going to stick to the lower dps one....? (not really)
Reply Quote
Ops your post hitthetargetand some of the reply are very good. Remember though as long as blizzard is making money off the Ah.who uses Ah? The casual player who want those legend high dos now they are willing to use real money to get what theywant.so posting these concern wi ll fall on deaf ears guys.this is not blizzard north anymore.it is the corporate blizzard running this game now . If you want skills to be like D2than weapons in d3 is meningless since u can have a low level weapons and adjusted your skill accordingly and your damage would be comparable to a high dips weapons. So you see gear driven damage is how they want it to be how else can they. Make money on the Ah with weapons and gears .they can't make money if they adjusted the skills.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We enjoy making polls that engage players on multiple different levels, not just about gameplay mechanics, like seeing [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7864428/Poll_Whos_the_Greatest_%E2%80%9CGreat_Evil%E2%80%9D-11_13_2012"]who people believe is the greatest “Great Evil,”[/url] or [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8132312/Poll_Which_Act_III_Environment_is_Your_Favorite-12_12_2012 "]what Act III environment is your favorite from a purely aesthetic perspective[/url]. With that in mind, the bulk of the ideas you listed aren’t really appropriate for our weekly polls (though I did like “Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?” Thanks!). The polls we post are used to discuss the game as it is now and encourage discussion on those topics; they aren’t made to act as a sort of petition system in order to enact changes on various topics.

We realize that different players have all sorts of varied feedback on portions of the game. That’s totally cool and we genuinely do welcome and encourage that feedback. However, when I read through this list, I noticed a common trend that I wanted to address.

Each act, boss, and stat affix in Diablo III aren’t meant to be equal or directly competitive with each other. For instance, the various bosses should pose a notable challenge leading up to the final show-down with Diablo, but I think it’s unrealistic to expect for all bosses to be precisely as difficult as say, the Lord of Terror: Diablo. They have different abilities and tactics that will pose varying challenges to different classes, much as different affix combinations on Elites are more or less challenging to players depending on who you talk to, what gear they are wearing, etc. In terms of stat affixes, you might also want to check out what I said in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383848513?page=2#31"]this thread[/url]. In short: we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear and it would be impossible (and even boring) if everything were exactly equal.

I find it interesting that you seem to stray away from the fact that this isn't the same community as World of Warcraft.

We're not here to post about cuddling with gnomes.

We're here to improve the game. Most of us.

Start doing poles on things that matter. Not petty fluffy things that really get nowhere. This isn't really a debate. You very well know that if you did poles, like the one the OP just made it would strike GOLD.

Taking away our right to do poles really doesn't solve much either. We should be able to make poles. They're better than getting ignored by CM's.

Whats Bashiok doing?

Whats Dax doing?

Where are all the developers that so -call "care" about this game. I say that very adamantly. Not accusing that you don't care.

Where is Jay Wilson? Where has he been besides his twitter page?

We've ALL stated multiple times to show us more information on topics WE want to hear about.

All you guys do is beat around the bush and speak like politicians.
Edited by Shaunaxo#1574 on 12/14/2012 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Polling things that won't even happen is pointless anyway.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Shékinah
All you guys do is beat around the bush and speak like politicians.

+1

All these polls they are doing is merely buying time while Blizzard is scrambling for a patch to stop their titanic from sinking.

I want a poll that has a list of aspects on Diablo 3 and which one needs the most improvement.

And then I want results!

And double those results!!!
Reply Quote
And i think its why diablo is going under complains (srry im french ) i mean ...when you try to kill a boss in diablo 3 you dont want to use a wiz skill combined with a barb tank and the plague of the Wich doctor no no no...
Reply Quote
(though I did like “Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?” Thanks!)

act 1 --2%
act 2 -1%
act 3 ----------------------------------------97%
act 4 0%

simulated the poll 4 u guys, yw!
Reply Quote
deleted
Edited by WarGiver#1932 on 12/15/2012 3:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
D3 falls into the same 2 traps as so many MMOs that have a long-time dedicated fan base:

1. Almost no Devs are as dedicated (read: obsessed) with the game to the point that they are still playing for hours on end every day 6+ months after release. This is understandable, of course, because the devs have been living this game for 60+ hrs/wk for many years now - we'd be over it too.

Nevertheless this fact makes it very hard for devs to truly appreciate the current issues the playerbase is experiencing in today's game environment.

2. These games tend to hire "lore fanboys" of their game (among equal candidates). Again, understandable ... lore fanboys are the most motivated to make the game as immersive as possible. But Lore Fanboys tend to focus on completely different things than power gamers.

The problem, of course, is that lore fanboys comprise <10% of the playerbase in a power-gamer title like Diablo - that's just not the strength of the game. This tiny percentage of players probably *loves* the direction of the game and the constant attention they get from devs. But the competitive folks (fools?) and powergamers (you know, most of us) feel left out in the cold.

I'm not sure of the solution here ... I *do* believe the devs are doing what they think is right ... it's just that their cares and experiences aren't representative of the majority.
Edited by freakinjstu#1760 on 12/15/2012 5:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Bonegrinder
Wow, not even 1 reply?

Haha, I posted this thread some time after your original thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415791832

Sorry, I would have added to yours had it not been buried. I quiver to think how many good threads have died that way.

The polls we post are used to discuss the game as it is now and encourage discussion on those topics; they aren’t made to act as a sort of petition system in order to enact changes on various topics.

This is quite depressing. The design team's philosophy is really important, and so is their integrity, but this is America and the customer is always right. In this case, Blizzard could easily poll all of it's millions of customers with regard to changes they want to see and get to freaking work implementing them. Their pride be damned, they made a game that is crying shame, such that thousands of people (like me) spend such extended periods of time trolling the forums as opposed to stomping some demons.
Reply Quote
And to answer your poll:

Which Feature do you think needs addressing the most in the next patch?

- I want to say everything, but the thing I want more than anything is allocate-able skill and attribute points. It's so satisfying to make that click and be stuck with it. Roll another character if you're not happy at lvl 60.

Which Act do you think requires the most polishing, in terms of content in that Act, or monster density?

- I think most agree that Act IV is half (if not a quarter) finished. Nothing happens with Imperius. Maybe because that's expansion material but that's a pretty lame excuse for unfinished storylines. But Cain's death man....the first time I saw it, I had a bad feeling in my stomach, the game's story was about to suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. And it did.

Which Crafting skill do you think requires more time and effort put into it to make it a viable option?

- Blacksmithing

Which Diablo 3 boss do you think needs the most work on to make it competitive compared to the other bosses?

-> Azmodan

Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?

- (apparently it's Act III, I stopped playing around 101 when Act II still had ridiculous damage spikes)

Which Stat Affix that is required for MP do you think needs to be upgraded so that it is competitive to other Stats?

- I have no idea.
Reply Quote
You know what I enjoy? patches.

dem patches that fixes stuff like hydra on rd and patches with stuff like content, or PVP
Reply Quote
Even though those polls started by Blizz seem that they are not related to improving the game. But they can collect data that maybe in an expansion or two that could improve the game. Let's say that the devs get enough information that tells them why we love boss x more than boss y. Why we love act x over act y. Then they can use that info and maybe redesign the overall look of the acts without changing the story, unless they feel that they have to change the story.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]