Diablo® III

Poll Suggestions!

We enjoy making polls that engage players on multiple different levels, not just about gameplay mechanics, like seeing [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7864428/Poll_Whos_the_Greatest_%E2%80%9CGreat_Evil%E2%80%9D-11_13_2012"]who people believe is the greatest “Great Evil,”[/url] or [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8132312/Poll_Which_Act_III_Environment_is_Your_Favorite-12_12_2012 "]what Act III environment is your favorite from a purely aesthetic perspective[/url]. With that in mind, the bulk of the ideas you listed aren’t really appropriate for our weekly polls (though I did like “Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?” Thanks!). The polls we post are used to discuss the game as it is now and encourage discussion on those topics; they aren’t made to act as a sort of petition system in order to enact changes on various topics.

We realize that different players have all sorts of varied feedback on portions of the game. That’s totally cool and we genuinely do welcome and encourage that feedback. However, when I read through this list, I noticed a common trend that I wanted to address.

Each act, boss, and stat affix in Diablo III aren’t meant to be equal or directly competitive with each other. For instance, the various bosses should pose a notable challenge leading up to the final show-down with Diablo, but I think it’s unrealistic to expect for all bosses to be precisely as difficult as say, the Lord of Terror: Diablo. They have different abilities and tactics that will pose varying challenges to different classes, much as different affix combinations on Elites are more or less challenging to players depending on who you talk to, what gear they are wearing, etc. In terms of stat affixes, you might also want to check out what I said in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383848513?page=2#31"]this thread[/url]. In short: we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear and it would be impossible (and even boring) if everything were exactly equal.

When I read blue posts like this I feel like all hope is lost.
Reply Quote
In terms of stat affixes, you might also want to check out what I said in this thread. In short: we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear and it would be impossible (and even boring) if everything were exactly equal.

1. I don't think I have ever read on these forums of someone wanting everything exactly equal. So that's an incorrect statement in my opinion. I don't know what you are reading but from what I have grasped from this community is that we want a better itemization system than what it is currently and there have been a ton of really good suggestions.

2. THERE ARE CURRENTLY A LACK OF OPTIONS WHEN COMPARING GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Optimal Item Stats: The only stats worth striving for are:
(1) Crit, (2) Attack Speed (nerfed), and your characters (3) Primary Stat for Damage.
(1) All Res, (2) Armor, and (3) Vit. for Defense.
(1) Life on Hit and (2) Life Steal for Life Return or get it from a Heal Skill.

When some people say they want more balance or equal options they don't want everything to be the same. They want compelling choices and to weigh their options. I don't know why you cant grasp what we are trying to say. So I don't have to repeat myself I am just going to quote an old thread ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004016367 ). Vaeflare- Please take the time to read this and maybe you will see where I am really coming from with itemization. Your post indicate to me that you think this game has perfect itemization and its the best thing since sliced bread. I really hope you can see that we are trying to improve this game.

3. I cant believe you brought that post up again. That post created so much rage on these forums which lead to the community and the community managers butting heads. All those post Lylirra had to make about how the CM's could improve was a direct result from your post in that thread. ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7392739689#10 )
Reply Quote
We enjoy making polls that engage players on multiple different levels, not just about gameplay mechanics, like seeing [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7864428/Poll_Whos_the_Greatest_%E2%80%9CGreat_Evil%E2%80%9D-11_13_2012"]who people believe is the greatest “Great Evil,”[/url] or [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8132312/Poll_Which_Act_III_Environment_is_Your_Favorite-12_12_2012 "]what Act III environment is your favorite from a purely aesthetic perspective[/url]. With that in mind, the bulk of the ideas you listed aren’t really appropriate for our weekly polls (though I did like “Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?” Thanks!). The polls we post are used to discuss the game as it is now and encourage discussion on those topics; they aren’t made to act as a sort of petition system in order to enact changes on various topics.

We realize that different players have all sorts of varied feedback on portions of the game. That’s totally cool and we genuinely do welcome and encourage that feedback. However, when I read through this list, I noticed a common trend that I wanted to address.

Each act, boss, and stat affix in Diablo III aren’t meant to be equal or directly competitive with each other. For instance, the various bosses should pose a notable challenge leading up to the final show-down with Diablo, but I think it’s unrealistic to expect for all bosses to be precisely as difficult as say, the Lord of Terror: Diablo. They have different abilities and tactics that will pose varying challenges to different classes, much as different affix combinations on Elites are more or less challenging to players depending on who you talk to, what gear they are wearing, etc. In terms of stat affixes, you might also want to check out what I said in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383848513?page=2#31"]this thread[/url]. In short: we like that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear and it would be impossible (and even boring) if everything were exactly equal.

This seriously makes me want to give up...
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 12/15/2012 8:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
D3 falls into the same 2 traps as so many MMOs that have a long-time dedicated fan base:

1. Almost no Devs are as dedicated (read: obsessed) with the game to the point that they are still playing for hours on end every day 6+ months after release. This is understandable, of course, because the devs have been living this game for 60+ hrs/wk for many years now - we'd be over it too.

Nevertheless this fact makes it very hard for devs to truly appreciate the current issues the playerbase is experiencing in today's game environment.

2. These games tend to hire "lore fanboys" of their game (among equal candidates). Again, understandable ... lore fanboys are the most motivated to make the game as immersive as possible. But Lore Fanboys tend to focus on completely different things than power gamers.

The problem, of course, is that lore fanboys comprise <10% of the playerbase in a power-gamer title like Diablo - that's just not the strength of the game. This tiny percentage of players probably *loves* the direction of the game and the constant attention they get from devs. But the competitive folks (fools?) and powergamers (you know, most of us) feel left out in the cold.

I'm not sure of the solution here ... I *do* believe the devs are doing what they think is right ... it's just that their cares and experiences aren't representative of the majority.

Pretty much this. It's very depressing, and I say that as someone who thinks the last two patches have greatly improved the game. Just wish I had some sort of idea more positive changes were in the pipeline.
Reply Quote
Posted by Vaeflare
it would be impossible (and even boring) if everything were exactly equal.

It's boring because only act 3 is enjoyable and worthwhile farming... lol They don't need to be equal, but have reasons to farm and complete each act would be nice.
Reply Quote
Abandon all hope, ye who enter.
Reply Quote
Which Feature do you think needs addressing the most in the next patch?
-> PVP
-> Itemization
-> Lag and/or Rubberbanding
-> A combination of the three above

Combination. There NEEDS to be pvp to give people something to do. Itemization needs to get fixed so that people have a good enough reason to continue farming. Lag and rubberbanding is something that should have been addressed by quality control.

Which Act do you think requires the most polishing, in terms of content in that Act, or monster density?
-> Act 1
-> Act 2
-> Act 3
-> Act 4
-> All Acts are fine.

Hard to say. I think all acts need to be fixed so that there's a plus side to going and a downside to not going to others.

a1 should have lots of easy mobs with low drop rates.
a3 should have lots of hard mobs with high drop rates.
a2 should be a combo of in between.
a4 should have the hardest mobs with the best drop rates.

those are just off the top of my head, but there really needs to be a plus side and downside to each act that makes them good choices to go too depending on play style but not the absolute best place to go too.

Which Diablo 3 boss do you think needs the most work on to make it competitive compared to the other bosses?
-> Butcher
-> Belial
-> Azmodan
-> Diablo
-> No Change

no change. Bosses are too messed up for this to ever be relevant anyway.

Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?
-> Act 1
-> Act 2
-> Act 3
-> Act 4
-> All Acts are equally good.

a3 by and large is the best to farm. a1 is next with a2 slightly behind. a4 is just awful on all fronts.

Which Stat Affix that is required for MP do you think needs to be upgraded so that it is competitive to other Stats?
-> Single Resistance
-> Life on Hit
-> Life on Kill
-> Off Stats (ie Dex for Barb)
-> HP from Health Globes/Potions
-> No change needed

Hard to say.

I think single resists need to be buffed tremendously so that they are on par with All Resists.

Life on hit WAS good when people weren't hitting 100k, but now 100k is so easy to hit for most people that Life on Hit is bad for many situations.

Life on Kill is pretty bad for all situations. It's almost entirely just because its mechanically just bad. This stat really should just be dealt away with.

Off stats are in a good position as is.

Hp from globes could probably get a nice buff to at least be something useful, but there'd need to be something that can increase health globe drop chance and maybe potion cooldown reduction
Reply Quote
Can the Forum thread limit be remove?
New forum look would help
Can they link forum with the game as well?
Edited by MarkJasson#1423 on 12/15/2012 6:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is a no-fun zone.

I repeat, zero..fun..allowed.

I feel like the people who made this game, rode the short bus in school.

I feel like a fool every time i log-in, and i usually immediately log right back out because i quickly remember how much of a time waster this is. This game is worse than half-assed.
Reply Quote
First off something constructive.
----------------------------------------
I would really like to start seeing polls about
- Ladder system(yes/no)
- Pvp Premade teams(yes/no)
- guild like system (yes/no)
- Rebalancing questions relating to pvp how much
- Pvp specific gear added or not
- Rewards for pvping?

Now a slight challenge to the influx wave of You have no stat choices
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 98 paragon wd with 171k unbuffed damage high hp and survivability(I know what im talking about)

Several good stats were listed
In response to all the whining about lack of stat choices : something to consider.
+pickup radius does a LOTTTTTT for witch doctor.
take a loot at the wd thread by chucknorris on pulling 85+m xp /hour utilizing a 45y pu radius, in a gear set using cains, and a leroics. Yes the pu radius is a big reason this works
(soul harvest + grave injustice). If that isnt useful I don't know what is.

Health globes, and life on kill are even reasonably effective for farming.
+damage also is a very nice one for us. I only have 3% lifesteal, I utilize healthglobe bonus
rather heavily and my spec and pickup radius even plays into auto collecting them from a
good safe distance. How is this not useful?

Magic find and gold find were also definitely utilized towards the end of the paragon leveling spectrum for me weening off it as i get closer and closer(only 1 gear piece left for it.)
- How is better loot/more gold if balanced properly to not destroy clear speed useful?

How in the world can you begin to say we have no options.
some things such as thorns, should definitely be re-evaluated but this playerbase as a whole is a blind flock of sheep leading you each other in hatred. All though i can see thorns very useful in pvp even on wd's with the passive that lets you apply thorns + life regen to pets, maby some things like this the content it was designed for just isnt out yet?

For clarification MP 0 farm 7 1/2 to 8 min clears
MP 3 just under 10 min clears

For alkaizer route on a Witch Dcotor, which everything thinks is just so oh horribly terrible bad of a class.

the problem isnt the game or lack of design innovation, creativiity, it is the players themselves, im really sick of these forums maby people should learn what there talking about before speaking if they want to be taken seriously.

I sometimes wonder if half the people on this forum even play the game, or have you know even tried thinking for themselves and experimenting or just go off what there told to the letter?

I have abandoned hope like a lot of you are saying as well. In that modern gamers and this player base(at least the vocal minority crybabys on these forums) are the most mindless, unintelligible, degenerate group of gamers i have ever encountered, if this is the future of game, I weep for the developers. Not trying to target everyone but the negativity and blind misguided rage, especially about no stat choice, was just really irritating me, and thought i would throw that out thre.

If you are not clearing faster then I do your opinion on how none of these other stat options(Which i pointed out AND UTILIZE is pretty much irrelevant) so plz know what your talking about if your going to challenge my argument.
Edited by Osirisis#1959 on 12/16/2012 12:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wow..........reading that blue post makes me realize that it is just a huge waste of time to write any constructive criticism/constructive thoughts on these forums.

How can you Blue's be this god damn clueless.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Bonegrinder
Which Feat

Which Feature do you think needs addressing the most in the next patch?
-> PVP
-> Itemization
-> Lag and/or Rubberbanding
-> A combination of the three above

Which Act do you think requires the most polishing, in terms of content in that Act, or monster density?
-> Act 1
-> Act 2
-> Act 3
-> Act 4
-> All Acts are fine.

Which Crafting skill do you think requires more time and effort put into it to make it a viable option?
-> Blacksmithing
-> Jewelcrafting
-> No Change

Which Diablo 3 boss do you think needs the most work on to make it competitive compared to the other bosses?
-> Butcher
-> Belial
-> Azmodan
-> Diablo
-> No Change

Which Act is the best for farming for gear and for levels at Inferno difficulty?
-> Act 1
-> Act 2
-> Act 3
-> Act 4
-> All Acts are equally good.

Which Stat Affix that is required for MP do you think needs to be upgraded so that it is competitive to other Stats?
-> Single Resistance
-> Life on Hit
-> Life on Kill
-> Off Stats (ie Dex for Barb)
-> HP from Health Globes/Potions
-> No change needed

1. Itemization (fix the items before pvp)
2. Act 4 is too quick
3. Blacksmithing
4. Each act is different and should remain that way
5. No change needed
Reply Quote
I think a lot of the whiners on this forum are botters that have all day to lobby about changes that make the game better for botting.Monster Power should of just been allowed to increase difficulty not allow a botter to get the same drops by reducing the level. They don't care how long it takes with low MF/GF they just want access to the best stuff with no effortBlizz has bend over for their wishes over and over but then make really dumb moves that only affect regular playersBlizz will have to change the game so botting becomes obsolete.. create rewards in the game that are far better when you play than bot. Crafting hell fire rings is a start, but they need to make the crafting even more interesting and useful.. Just let the gold/dropped items be what it is but better stuff from the harder challenges should be available.Blizz could have a real war against botters and 3rd party app users but won't and won't talk about it here. They don't respect regular players intelligence

+1
Reply Quote
Edited by Wolverines#1769 on 2/21/2013 12:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Edited by Wolverines#1769 on 2/21/2013 12:29 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]