Diablo® III

I am 90 paragon as a wizard yet....

I haven’t personally made it to Paragon level 100 yet (though I know some people that have), but I think it’s a great achievement, no matter what class you are.

Whatever class or range of classes you choose to play in Diablo III is a personal decision, and while it’s easy to get caught up in looking at the gear other players have or where they are in the game compared to yourself, I’ve found it’s a lot more enjoyable to simply focus on what goals I want to accomplish in the game, and what I can do to accomplish them. At the end of the day, it’s not a contest or race, after all. If you personally prefer playing a Wizard over a Barbarian, then I encourage you to put on your robe and wizard hat, gather up your meteors, and Magic Missile some demons and hellspawn. :)

terrible advice btw...

if you want to actually play this game and enjoy your options are really straightforward, play a barb, or play a monk and glitch your sweeping winds with macro swaps. don't listen to this guy trying to tell you any different, there is one class in this game, 1 glitch in this game and then 3 and a half utterly worthless heroes.

not to fret wizards, remember before they released 1.05 that they acknowledged how terrible our class was and they are fixing it "Soon"... hmmm it's like i have heard that one before.
Reply Quote
I entered a foot race. A bunch of people ran faster than me and the finishing line doesnt look as appetizing anymore. Someone please move all these people behind me. I want that finish line to look like pancakes.
Reply Quote
Great!!!! Keep deleting posts that you dont like, CMs, magnificent example of censorship here, thank you.

ps: Where is PvP?
Reply Quote
I feel like the accomplishment is nothing to write home about.

I am only 10 levels away from 100, but the amount of 100 barbs I see really ruins the epicness of dinging 100.

As a wizard, I have had a significantly longer road then a barb for example, I have also not used a hellfire, or any sort of XP + gear except a gem in my helm.

Does anybody else feel cheapened of the achievement, mostly because 90% of the 100 paragon people are barbs?

I took a barb to 100 as a tank with no xp bonus at all, no gem, no ring, nothing. No farm routes just playing the game doing full Act clears.
I maintained capped MF throughout in self found gear. Starting 1.0.4 with 300 MF and only 11k dps. That slowly rose as I replaced MF gear but I maintained the tank spec throughout.
Only after 100 did I change to dps.

I have a friend who is busy taking his 4th character to P100.
His first was a Wiz, then WD, then Barb, now his DH is at 65.
He eats content like you've never known and he'll tell you there is not much at all in any of the classes.
Reply Quote
Only reason why so many barbs are 100 paragon is because the majority of people play barb. In fact, other classes aren't much slower. A good tempest rush monk is faster even. I also heard from Witch Doctors that can outfarm barbarians.

Look at it this way.. Diablo sold over 10 million copies, and you will reach paragon level 100 as like the 5000th person. You will always keep this position no matter what.. in a couple of years when there is perhaps millions of level 100 characters.. you still will be somewhat of the first.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I encourage you to put on your robe and wizard hat, gather up your meteors, and Magic Missile some demons and hellspawn. :)

Again.. Blue post trolling, do you plan on tickling these infernal "hellspawn" to death?

Bring back Bashiok, he was at least entertaining.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't, I mostly play a wizzard too, and I am proud of every paragon level I achieve.
Reply Quote
Once you have invested enough into the game to achieve Paragon Level 100, Blizzard would like you to visit the following link to claim your reward!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8
Reply Quote
Most of the playerbase is Barbs. More so than any other class by far.

But since the best way to farm exp is paragons 0-3, any class can level paragon just as fast as a Barb. Every single class has a speed run spec that is very viable, and very similar in speed to a Barb at low mps.
Reply Quote
View profile
No, the blue guy is right for once. You should play whatever is fun for you, it's the only way this game is bearable. And if mowing through content at the fastest possible rate is the only thing that's fun for you these days, then yes, a ww barb, or something like it (I saw a disgusting TR monk build the other day) is the way to go.

But seriously, this game is so easy at this point that you really can play anything, and it'll be successful, even in inferno, so just playing something that's fun for you is the way to go. You won't get gear efficiently, but if your goal is to make money, this is a job and not a game, and you're not playing for fun anyways.
Reply Quote
You have archon mode for exp farming, so I really don't get your griping.
Reply Quote
View profile
I haven’t personally made it to Paragon level 100 yet (though I know some people that have), but I think it’s a great achievement, no matter what class you are.

Whatever class or range of classes you choose to play in Diablo III is a personal decision, and while it’s easy to get caught up in looking at the gear other players have or where they are in the game compared to yourself, I’ve found it’s a lot more enjoyable to simply focus on what goals I want to accomplish in the game, and what I can do to accomplish them. At the end of the day, it’s not a contest or race, after all. If you personally prefer playing a Wizard over a Barbarian, then I encourage you to put on your robe and wizard hat, gather up your meteors, and Magic Missile some demons and hellspawn. :)

I'd like to thank you for posting your thoughts and somewhat agree with you that a players should choose the class that fits their playstyles, but I agree with the op in that some classes have it a little harder than others. Certain classes have distinct advantages over others. It's not that i want those classes to be nerfed tho, I'm rather excited to see how Blizzard can balance out all the classes and bring them to the same level certain classes currently play at. I'm currently sitting at paragon 89 with my wiz, and have leveled all the classes to 60 or beyond. I understand its not a race but if you sat down a new player and told him/her to choose between 2 of their favorite classes, and then told said player that one of them is gonna level quicker, have cheaper gear, better set items, better passives, ect ... is it really a choice? At times I've regretted chosing Wiz at launch, and subsuquently focusing on archon.
Reply Quote
Op, if you care about the level so much with regard to other classes, why not go for Hc? Only in Sc does Barbs have such a strong presence with 100 paragon levels; in Hc, it is much more diverse (a ton of Wd's getting up the list close to and in the 100's).

Plus, if you feel that your journey is that much harder, would you not feel more accomplished than that of classes like barbs since there are so few in comparison to barbs? If anything, barbs should be complaining about paragon level 100 not feeling much of a accomplishment since there are so many.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Saga
At the end of the day, it’s not a contest or race, after all.

Should have made this game a single player game then IMO... it already seems like it :(

Truth
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm actually just slowly working on my DH and Barbarian... and I mean VERY slowly.

My DH dinged 36 last night and my barbarian is like level 21. At my rate, I won't be 100 before the next expansion.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Yondaime
Does anybody else feel cheapened of the achievement, mostly because 90% of the 100 paragon people are barbs?

I'd feel the opposite in your position.

It's nice to see a paragon 100 that's not a barb.
Someone didn't just jump on the bandwagon of what's currently popular.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]