Diablo® III

Is it possible to play outside Australia?

I'm in Australia and have been playing mostly on Asia servers for hundreds of hours. I also registered for SMS protect so that I can recover my account easily when necessary. ( This happened a few times before, because of IP address changes or something. )

I'm going abroad next February and will stay there for a while. May I continue playing D3 abroad? I can't receive SMS outside Australia.

Anyone knows what to do? Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
i would disable sms protect and get an authenticator. they are available for free for iphones and android phones. then you should be ready to go.

you can play from anyplace you like. you can play from the moon as far as blizard is concerned. you just need an internet connection. come to think of it, playing from the moon may be less lag than currently get in Australia :)
Reply Quote
i would disable sms protect and get an authenticator. they are available for free for iphones and android phones. then you should be ready to go.

you can play from anyplace you like. you can play from the moon as far as blizard is concerned. you just need an internet connection. come to think of it, playing from the moon may be less lag than currently get in Australia :)

Thanks skitzflik I've already downloaded and installed that authenticator on my iphone but before activating it I found it too complex when reading the manual so I decided not to use it.

I know I can play anywhere but the problem is that if my account is locked again due to the change of IP addr, I don't have a SMS to unlock it because I can't receive any SMS outside Auz. What will happen then? My account is locked forever because they won't give me a second chance to unlock it? I don't know. Better play safe hah
Reply Quote
the authenticator aren't complex at all. All you need to do is login to battle.net and select binding Authenticator, then open up the iphone authticator and get the serial ID(not the number generated, it's the serial number with xxx-xxx-xxxx). binding it with your battle.net and you are done.

Oh 1 thing, dun forget to change the autehticator to "use it everytime when you login".
Reply Quote
Thank you Elevens, maybe I'm impetous and don't want to spend 5 mins on that manual. But I found an alternative: I apply for phone/data roaming so I can receive SMS outside Australia and receiving only is free :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]