Diablo® III

Skill Affixes - Build Potential?

Yeah man, Thanks for the feedback. There are a ton of different ways to go about it and you have some great ideas.

The result I want is the ability to stack an affix that makes me better at the build I am playing than a random John Doe.
Reply Quote
No. It would just create a greater disparity between good items and absolute trash. Making skills useful needs to start with the actual skill, not some random affix on a piece of gear.

I agree that some skills and runes do need to be either buffed or toned down, the same goes for itemization in general and legendary/set items.

This idea merely expands on the skills improving them to the players tastes. And it doesn't have to be limited to + damage on the bonuses, it could be anything if you only have the imagination to think up something which can be useful but not too over powered or under powered.
Reply Quote
12/27/2012 02:09 PMPosted by OldSchool
The result I want is the ability to stack an affix that makes me better at the build I am playing than a random John Doe.

Think this is what everyone would (or should) want.

If I want to be that barbarian that just leaps around with a smaller cool down, more damage, and lands with the shockwave dealing damage and knockback I should be able to do that.
Reply Quote
12/30/2012 07:01 PMPosted by DeadRu
lol just another gimmie,gimmie,gimmie post. Never mind skill or game balance just toss it out. Go plat tl2 you can mod everything.

Did you play d2? I don't want this game to be easier. I want customization and itemization. You can take away everything else and you would still have a great game. Posts like this highlight an important issue with this game. Posts like yours indicate you don't have the brain capacity to read and understand what he is trying to get at.
Reply Quote
I'd love to see Affixes with more than one modifier for skills, another thing that should happen is that items should be able to roll more than one skill based Affix (move Affixes to different type of budget system so you don't end up rolling less possible other Affixes though). Set items should definitely have skill modifiers on them as it is, and multiple ones would rock.

At the bare minimum the current skill affixes need to be balanced. Take the DH Hatred reduction affixes, there's one for Chakram, Impale, and Cluster Arrow. It rolls values b/w 1 and 5 for all three. Chakram costs 10 Hatred, Impale 25, and Cluster Arrow 50. That means with a max rolled item, you get 50%, 20%, and 10% Hatred savings on them respectively. Thats horribly balanced and downright stupid.
Reply Quote
12/30/2012 07:01 PMPosted by DeadRu
lol just another gimmie,gimmie,gimmie post. Never mind skill or game balance just toss it out. Go plat tl2 you can mod everything.

Yea you're probably one of those players who just modded everything in TL2 so that the game posed no challenge. I actually played TL2 without mods on the hardest difficulty and even at the start of the game it trumped pre inferno D3 any day.

This post is merely allowing more options when it comes to actual skill building.

Obviously you don't want options when it comes to gaming and want to be stuck in your little fish tank of contentedness.

"Skill or game balance just toss it out"? Skill and game balance is already messed up sorry to burst your bubble. My idea would first need skills and game balance actually fixed and THEN bring in more options when it comes to REAL skill builds.
Reply Quote
12/30/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Toprem
I'd love to see Affixes with more than one modifier for skills, another thing that should happen is that items should be able to roll more than one skill based Affix (move Affixes to different type of budget system so you don't end up rolling less possible other Affixes though). Set items should definitely have skill modifiers on them as it is, and multiple ones would rock.

Well my idea would be this:

Your item rolls a skill affix: Instead of just one bonus to one skill you get one bonus to two skills. This way if you get something like Rain of Vengeance and Sentry it would be easier to get other skill affixes of the same kind, stack them, and then create a more viable build (depending on the stacked bonuses of course).

12/30/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Toprem
At the bare minimum the current skill affixes need to be balanced. Take the DH Hatred reduction affixes, there's one for Chakram, Impale, and Cluster Arrow. It rolls values b/w 1 and 5 for all three. Chakram costs 10 Hatred, Impale 25, and Cluster Arrow 50. That means with a max rolled item, you get 50%, 20%, and 10% Hatred savings on them respectively. Thats horribly balanced and downright stupid.

I agree with you here, it's almost pointless going for any of the skill affixes that don't have either critical hit chance or just raw damage (CC is the best though).
Edited by DeMasked#1233 on 1/1/2013 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Deleted by Scsemmn
Edited by Scsemmn#1666 on 5/29/2013 3:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]