Diablo® III

Excessive processor usage

Since the 1.05 patch I have been experiencing excessive processor usage, which causes an extreme drop in FPS. Having contacted Blizzard about these problems, they have given solutions that have done nothing. I have even stated that the problem may be with the game itself. My computer is more than capable to handle the game. I've even been refered to as a "World of Warcraft" player, which I am not. My latency never reaches over 120, and my FPS before these spikes is 120-150 and maxes out around 211, but during these spikes it has dropped to 17-22 FPS, and as low as 5 FPS. During these spikes, I still have a latency around 117, never over 120. I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing something like this as well.

EDIT: The processor usage goes from 4.39% to over 18% during the spikes, whereas normal processor usage when the game is not active is only a mere 0.5% to 1.0%.
Edited by LORDCHAOSOIF#1350 on 12/28/2012 7:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have an i5-3570 @ 3.4 Ghz, and a 550Ti Gfx card and I do not experience what you state. CPU usage hangs around 11% - 15% w/ DIII up and also IE9 with 6 tabs open, a few sidebar apps, Wacom Tablet, and Core Temp / GPUz running to monitor system.

I turned off vsync in game and run at a pretty steady 70 FPS.
Edited by DudleyDR#1613 on 12/28/2012 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]