Diablo® III

Weapon "Sever" Up to MP 5 made easy.

The weapon "Sever" with life steal is likely one of the most powerful crutches for a slightly under geared WD in the game. If you cant handle the MP 3 4 5, get one. Sure your DPS will look low but trust me.. It does more damage then it looks and as it kills it does massive crits that will heal you to full.

Severs with Life Steal are cheap ATM, dirt cheap, and can enable you to do higher level MP, just a warning tho once you start getting over MP5 it starts to get more difficult as they do not die so easily. but anyone still having issues getting to MP5, try this.

http://youtu.be/D85g6ck6K0I

The build i am using is nothing special, posting it cause i change it often.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RfUYdT!bTc!acabbc
Edited by Jane#1803 on 1/3/2013 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
dude, i have said this for sooooooooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooooong and ppl do not listen. its fine, i dont care, i just supply insane videos using a sever in MP10 and ppl just shrug.

yes you lose dps.

but no, you really cannot die using it.

combo with tyreals for excellent speed running.

here are some MP10 vids using it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs92_pRI5xk <- normal run
http://beta.xfire.com/videos/5d4099 <- single epic battle

given mine cost 5m, as opposed to like, 300m for a skorn. its really underrated.

yes killing speed is slower, but farming your own keys on MP10, with 125k dps... priceless.
Reply Quote
I thought sever's huge damage bonus only occurs at enemy death, right? This why I had not considered it for high MP.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 12:34 PMPosted by MCP
I thought sever's huge damage bonus only occurs at enemy death, right? This why I had not considered it for high MP.

yes this is true, but in large packs, killing the smallest of trash will regen you to full health in batte.

this includes encounters with elites with the illusionist affix. every time you kill an illusion you regen to full.

pretty sweet.

i mean it comes with lifesteal, and 1100 dps, so its not totally worthless.

this is also how i used to PWN the ACT III keywarden, before they nerfed him, cause every complained and no one thought to use a simple 3M-5M sever to slay him, no probs.

in the end, you sac 200% cd for all the healing you would ever need. with the right combination of a large life pool and a good amount EHP, the insta regen can be pretty OP,

even on MP10.

or use a Last Breathe, but i find its not as good if you arent using Haunt or Mass Confusion.

Crit Chance and %dmg to demons better for farming.

Last Breathe may the our best bet for PvP.
Edited by SayGa#1564 on 1/3/2013 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
I had a 680 DPS in my stash, the 1k would be a lot diff, doesn't look like you get a LS & socket on the same weapon. It looks as if the LS is what matters here correct?

01/03/2013 12:47 PMPosted by SayGa

yes this is true, but in large packs, killing the smallest of trash will regen you to full health in batte.

this includes encounters with elites with the illusionist affix. every time you kill an illusion you regen to full.

pretty sweet.

i mean it comes with lifesteal, and 1100 dps, so its not totally worthless.

this is also how i used to PWN the ACT III keywarden, before they nerfed him, cause every complained and no one thought to use a simple 3M-5M sever to slay him, no probs.

in the end, you sac 200% cd for all the healing you would ever need. with the right combination of a large life pool and a good amount EHP, the insta regen can be pretty OP,

even on MP10.

or use a Last Breathe, but i find its not as good if you arent using Haunt or Mass Confusion.

Crit Chance and %dmg to demons better for farming.

Last Breathe may the our best bet for PvP.
Reply Quote
yea life steal is all that's important You can VERY easly break 100 k dps with out the 200 crit you can get on weapons, I had it low to show it as an example its easy to see someone geared out the pooty pwning MP10 but i am ok geared. but with my current gear i can get up to 148 k DPS with the sever equipped.

Its no 300KPS DPS grant it but its still not bad.
Reply Quote
What exactly does it do differently than other ls weapons? I carry a manajumas around for reflect packs, how would this benefit me more?
Reply Quote
The Manajumas does not do a 3, 4 million + damage final hit. around 90,000 HP heal if you have a 3% LS weapon.. with each kill.
Edited by Jane#1803 on 1/3/2013 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah, everything is going good on MP5 until you hit an elite pack, with no trash to kill, and then you get wacked, with your low DPS Last Breath/Sever.

Something has to die for it to work. So it is a super life on kill. If someone is using this in MP10 they would need perfect gear to support its low DPS and a lot of life on hit to deal with elites.

If you want to play around with it in low MP that's one thing, MPs greater than 7 will definitely be the end of you without backup ilfe on hit.
Reply Quote
Or you could get Last Breath with LS which will do same on-death heals but also get you 15sec Mass Confusion reduction.
Reply Quote
Without life steal Sever and Last Breath don't steal life on death crits.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 1/3/2013 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah, everything is going good on MP5 until you hit an elite pack, with no trash to kill, and then you get wacked, with your low DPS Last Breath/Sever.

Something has to die for it to work. So it is a super life on kill. If someone is using this in MP10 they would need perfect gear to support its low DPS and a lot of life on hit to deal with elites.

If you want to play around with it in low MP that's one thing, MPs greater than 7 will definitely be the end of you without backup ilfe on hit.

I did 0 to a 5 stack on MP 5 in the video and used it most of my leveling on MP5 on my way to paragon 65, it still has LS, and +17 - 25% Damage vs demons most elites are demons so a 100 k with a 25% vs demons is 124k with life steal.

I also demoed it on MP7 in a different video and MP10 since SayGa has his own videos of it i have to assume it is possible as well. I didn't point it out for endgame either I pointed it out for those who are struggling to get past MP 1 2 3. Thus the title.
Reply Quote
if we could have LS belts on WD...
I use non-LS sever on a barb (with LS belt)... so much fun!
May be I can try a LS sever on a dog build...
On the other hand, I have a (~1050 dps with socket, no LS) last breath in my stash. I don't know what to do with it yet.

01/03/2013 02:06 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
Without life steal Sever and Last Breath don't steal life on death crits.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 1/3/2013 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
if we could have LS belts on WD...
I use non-LS sever on a barb (with LS belt)... so much fun!

I opted for a socketed Sever for my barb and it's a pretty good weapon. Good off hand attack speed, crit, vit, crit chance, and extra dmg to demons. Since barbs can get LS from belt and other weapon... it makes a socketed sever a little nicer.

LS severs are definitely cheap weapon that is very good. I am surprised to not see more lower geared wd's using it considering the usefulness and cost. My MCK tends to be better for my WD though.
Reply Quote
Is it the Slain monsters rest in peace that provides the massive life gain?
Reply Quote
If you have a LS Sever, yes. The 'rest in peaces' bit is MASSIVE crits. (3 or 4 million dmg)
Edited by Vickers#1723 on 1/3/2013 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Im confused... What gives this weapon such a boost. Is it the slain monsters rest in peace??
Reply Quote
haha its pretty damn awesome to see crits so high ... is there a way to make it proc more often?

im still not sure if i'd use it instead of my main weapon at the moment (1130 dps, 400loh, 100 int and vit with os)
Reply Quote
Im even more confused now since people are saying you can use last breath with sever?? whats goin on here??
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 08:57 PMPosted by Harms4420
Im confused... What gives this weapon such a boost. Is it the slain monsters rest in peace??

Yep.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]