Diablo® III

Calamity -- hits like a truck

So who's a big calamity fan? Didn't know it would do these numbers @ about 220k DPS:

Teleport - Calamity
Average Hit 459620.51
Damage Range 130347 - 237239
Critical Hit 580046 - 1055714
Life on Hit/Hit Avg 148.46
LPS (APS*(LoH+LS)) 311.97

Compare to Meteor (still impressive DPS output):

Meteor - Molten Impact
Average Hit 397896
DPS 836126
Damage Range 112842 - 205379
Critical Hit 502149 - 913937
Life on Hit/Hit Avg 111.13
LPS (APS*(LoH+LS)) 233.52
Reply Quote
View profile
There's a reason it come at lvl 60, wait till CM's discover cannoneer.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/4/2013 1:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
^ Cm's don't use Familiar...
Reply Quote
View profile
o'rly

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aimless-1700/hero/10258657
Reply Quote
You can equip a hand crossbow?
Reply Quote
Canonneer?

Hmm, how many of the SNS spells trigger that guy? Even just WW would be a nice little boost.

How's the DPS compare to Magic Weapon / Electrify?
Reply Quote
I think all spells that use an attack turn trigget it, but I'm not sure and can't test now..
Reply Quote
I've been using an illusionist/calamity build for a while now using force armor, low life, and high life regen to proc teleport constantly. It's a blast and heart attack all at the same time
Edited by Braynezor#1688 on 1/4/2013 5:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah been using it for months its allot of fun I call it the Vanguard Wiz high risk/high reward.
Reply Quote
Someone mentioned you in a post not too long ago and I took quite a few notes from your profile. You should make a guide for the build. It's too much fun to keep secret
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 01:46 AMPosted by Aimless

can't imagine this adds more damage than time warp.
Reply Quote
I don't get how you are saying calamity
which does 265% weapon damage

does more damage than molten impact
which does 390% weapon damage

Is there some kind of attack speed shenanigans going on here or what?
Reply Quote
Best way to roll with it is Storm Armor Reactive Armor, Blizzard Stark Winter, Healing Blades, Glass Cannon and Cold Blooded. Basically, cast Blizzard, port in, start blading, hit Calamity whenever it refreshes after you are hit.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 01:46 AMPosted by Aimless

I heart Aimless.....
Reply Quote
If you want to use calamity to its full effect....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415792561#20
Reply Quote
Well anyway, it's a good point. I am trying this instead of the 30% dmg reduction to see if it works for me. What I like the most is the knockback effect for the time being ; )

Ty for sharing this idea.
Reply Quote
Well after a bit a testing, seems excellent. Can either be used as defensive to repell ennemies when the situation is critical or offensive (pure dps dmg with the wave) or to reposition the ennemies right in the middle of the twisters ..;p Love it so far ! : )

Still wondering about keeping illusionist or replace it back with blur (working just great in general, read it worked against lasers and RD and seems to be true, having so much less trouble vs those affixes ...).
Edited by Gelador#2933 on 1/4/2013 2:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Calamity's pure damage potential never ceases to surprise me. Beyond that, it's very versatile in that I might use Calamity as a Life Steal mechanism, to corral stray enemies (e.g, knocking them into Time Warp bubbles), a tanking measure against jumper mobs, or as a killing blow just for the beauty of it. Calamity is also amazingly clutch and has saved me from imminent doom many times, such as against snake crowds, lacunis, bees, walking bomb guys, you name it.

More than anything else, Calamity is a huge part of my Illusionist defense. The knockback effect lasts just long enough for me to drop Mirror Images then drop back behind them; my decoys always seem to do better sucking in enemies right after they recover from a knockback. Calamity also lets me "control" the incoming damage needed to trigger the Illusionist passive, namely that I can stop it on a dime then immediately drop Mirror Image without losing much ground. I used to move backwards a lot with the Illusionist defense, but Calamity has allowed me to drop back just half a screen at most, or even stand my ground altogether. That's crazy considering I'm a pure Disintegrate wizard.

Man, I love Calamity. Literally can't live without it. I think all sorts of wizard builds can find utility in this rune, and I look forward to reading about it in this thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]