Diablo® III

Auction house bug

I found a bug:

I was trying to buy Cain's Robes on an auction (initial price around 900 gold... my bid 350000 gold and it was accepted) and I typed like 10000 gold raise but my bid was not accepted and my initial 350000 were lost, no refunding. Please help, the auction is active for around 24h ... I want that item but don't have the gold (maybe there is a reward for discovering this one... 2-3 mils gold will do very well).
Edited by Soldo#2979 on 12/14/2012 2:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
I found a bug:

I was trying to buy Cain's Robes on an auction (initial price around 900 gold... my bid 350.000 gold and it was accepted) and I typed like 10000 gold raise but my bid was not accepted and my initial 350.000 were lost, no refunding. Please help, the auction is active for around 24h ... I want that item but don't have the gold (maybe there is a reward for discovering this one... 2-3 mils gold will do very well).

Perhaps you should have searched first before double bidding, there are many many posts of people with the same issue. Wait 48 hours after the auction and if you don't have your money back it's probably gone for good. I myself found out the hard way that double bidding often cancels out both bids with no refund, it's probably a anti cheating method in place.
Reply Quote
So no prize for me? Not cool... and I want my spondulicks
Reply Quote
Back again with vital information:

I overbid again and I got refunded with my initial 350000... hope this helps and maybe some megalomaniac will reward me for hard work and wise skill.

Later edit: My bid is the winning bid so you need deep pockets if this occurs to you... so the bid must actually be bigger and is not working by bidding less than last bid.
Edited by Soldo#2979 on 12/14/2012 2:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just encountered this type of situation.

I bid on an item and put in a max bid of 24m and it applied the bid to the item. The bid was raised to 21m and shows me as the winning bid.

I did more research on the item and found 24m is just too much to pay for it so I decided to bid again and reduce my bid on the item to what I have it as the current winning bid.

There was still 6hrs on the item so I figured no big deal.

When I clicked the bid button again it gave some message about bidding on an already winning bid and it would reset it to the next highest bid over my current winning bid (must be the current bid +5%) and asked if I wanted to continue.

I said to continue and the bidding screen opened. I accepted the 22.x million bid value it had placed automatically in the window and figured this is good enough. if I end up getting it at 22m not a good deal but I at least don't pay 24m for it.

It took my bid but it did not refund my 24m bid to me
What is strange is it shows the current bid is the 24m but shows I'm not winning it. Like it is referencing my current bid of 22.x million but someone (which is me) has a 24m bid on it already and so shows as non-winning. At this point I don't know what to do. I'm seeing a not winning status on the auction but the gold isn't in my stash to put back in my bank account. Sure hope I am not out 24m gold for nothing.
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 12/15/2012 2:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
@soldo

I read your reply and did what you did. I over-bid again and had to now go up to 26m for a bid on the item to I guess outbid myself .. lol

I figured I'd rather lose another 2-3m than risk losing 24m

Currently showing me with a winning bid and got the other refund back in my stash of the 24m .. (glad I had enough gold to do this).

all I can do now is pray someone outbids me so I don't waste and over-pay for the item. But in the end.. even if I do get the item for 26m and only wanted to pay 22m ... I can live with the 4m difference over losing 24m .... so you helped me out.

Add me in game and I'll shoot ya over 1m gold for helping me find resolution to this issue before I was gonna pull my hair out and lose so much gold. Kudos for the work in testing you did.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]