Diablo® III

Why we don't get any events ?

12/17/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Boogerman
I never said I was putting them in the same bag, I'm not trying to kid anyone I'm just trying to bring a suggestion your the one going over board insulting an INDIE company and comparing them with blizzard. Take a chill pill go drink your coffee and go farm a bit if you can't breath from reading me, the fact is they still adopt the same concept and they bring if not more content while being free (no subscription model) and making less money than blizzard.

Jesus boy, read my post again. Never has a better commercial been written for POE than I wrote in that post. Y'all got to learn how to not take yourself so damn seriously or you're gonna pop a blood vessel in your brain.
Reply Quote
Hellfire event.

Complete one Hellfire Ring and earn 10m gold Max one per day.
Length one week.

Anything really. Forced to play online and they are making tons of money...
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Boogerman
I'm doing just fine, you might want to check your sugar level.

My sugar level is just fine, what I need help with is packet loss....
Reply Quote
Why don't we get any events for exemple more experience, stronger bosses or fun events like in world of warcraft during holidays and special days ? It would greatly bring more players to the game and also make it more interesting for players who are leveling paragons !

I would love an answer from a DEV or Blizz blue post, please don't tell me it's impossible I've seen what you guys are capable of during the E3 post-showcase with the engine.

fun events like in world of warcraft during holidays and special days ?????????

really dude?

this is DIABLO, D I A B L O

go play WoW if u want santa hats
Reply Quote
Exactly, this is what i have been stating all along,

Events will definitely spice up everything!
Reply Quote
Try Guild Wars 2.......they do tons of events and you don't have to pay a monthly fee like WoW
Reply Quote
Same reasons you why you don't in Starcraft 2, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, The Walking Dead etc.
Reply Quote
Starcraft isn't an online game?
Reply Quote
You get what you paid for, a game that you have played for many hours. Why is that not enough?

Why should you get free updates/events? Care to explain?

Because it can be fun and a break away from the boring useless grind, and save the entitlement crap while your at it.
Edited by Deadlysynz#1583 on 12/17/2012 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Boogerman
I never said I was putting them in the same bag, I'm not trying to kid anyone I'm just trying to bring a suggestion your the one going over board insulting an INDIE company and comparing them with blizzard. Take a chill pill go drink your coffee and go farm a bit if you can't breath from reading me, the fact is they still adopt the same concept and they bring if not more content while being free (no subscription model) and making less money than blizzard.
im honestly starting to hate events like Double XP and other things, I especially hate holiday events, in one genre it works, THE MMORPG. because they are trying to simulate another world, that is not our own but like our own. IN games like D3, Dungeon Defenders, PoE, planet side 2 all just feel like a cheap gimmick that is there to bring the subscriber ammount up and to sell more copies and DLC. It really is just a marketing tool. I like it when a game is static, and you do not progress when you wait for like a month just so they can keep you playing. If a game has to do that to keep their numbers up then something is wrong with the game. the only games that do holiday events right in a genre that is not MMO, because it gives free permanent content is TF2, KillingFloor. Now Double XP is more annoying, and really is a temporary fix to a games problems. If you have to reward double xp to players to play your game, then the game should be 2X quicker to unlock stuff across the board, games that do this badly are Planetside 2, BF3, CoD series I'm getting tired of a progression system in my competitive FPS games.
Reply Quote
Why don't we get any events for exemple more experience, stronger bosses or fun events like in world of warcraft during holidays and special days ? It would greatly bring more players to the game and also make it more interesting for players who are leveling paragons !

I would love an answer from a DEV or Blizz blue post, please don't tell me it's impossible I've seen what you guys are capable of during the E3 post-showcase with the engine.

"Just shut up, and buy items from the RMAH like you're supposed to."

--Blizzard Entertainment
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Gunghoe
IN games like D3, Dungeon Defenders, PoE, planet side 2 all just feel like a cheap gimmick that is there to bring the subscriber ammount up and to sell more copies and DLC. It really is just a marketing tool. I like it when a game is static, and you do not progress when you wait for like a month just so they can keep you playing.

Box games for the PC that are static and don't change are becoming antiquated because cost of the game doesn't cover development costs. In order to compete with where gaming trends are going (mobile), you have to iterate and innovate. That might mean bucking the trend, or breaking the mold, or not going by the book, and not just re-skinning your last game.

Maybe you look at it as gimmics, but keeping things fresh is a good thing.

An example I like to compare to is Infinity Blade II on the iphone. Infinity Blade 1 was a solid game. 2 is a lot better. in 2, while they don't have holiday bosses or events, they have holiday items. Last Christmas, it was a snowman helm, halloween was a pumpkin head helm, this Christmas its a Santa Claus helm. Its nothing big, nothing game changing or powerful, just something "fun".

They added daily Community Events where you port to a zone (think Ubers) where most of the time its a boss of some kind, and the goal may be different each time like how long your can survive, how many times can you dodge, or block. They're super quick, its just a lot of different things they might ask you to do, and your score is added into the pot with everyone else's. If the community reaches the goal, then you get some loot. Like I said that's just an example. But since that is helping Infinity Blade II to keep people around, and keep interest somewhat, it's helping them put more resources towards, and work off a bigger budget for a multiplayer diablo like version for the iPhone. I can't wait!

Anyway, with the random map events already in game like jar of souls, there is just sooo many ways they could build off that. You can't stay the same, you gotta build on and innovate.

I'm not expecting anything more for D3 though other than pvp. They've said they are full go on expansion, so it'd be surprising to see them pull off that to add any type of content to the current game.
Reply Quote
blizz gets 15% of gold sales and only a dollar off of items sold
Reply Quote
Honestly they could at least put stanta hats on the goblins or something for a laugh. These types of games do not get seasonal events because they do not have ways to sustain themselfs by fees. That is their excuse.

Thats the one thing that pisses me off about the RMAH. EVERY doller they make from the rmah should be used to better this game but from the rate of fixes and updates we have seen thus far... there is no chance in hell that that is true.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Sutex
Why should you get free updates/events? Care to explain?

Why shouldn't we? Care to explain? (Disclaimer: It's just rhetoric. Plz don't waste ur time bothering to try to explain. Or do. IDRC.)

Other - even "free to play" - games do it because their creators want to engage their communities "go the extra mile", "show them they care to keep things fresh and cool", "demonstrate generosity and good cheer during holidays" (and not just xmas), etc. So yeah, I can see why blizzard wouldn't bother.

All in all not a big fan of the cheezeball events that most games want to do these days, with their stupid holiday skins and game-breaking reward items, but something to break the static monotony would be nice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]