Diablo® III

Why we don't get any events ?

12/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Grimiku
Speaking very candidly here, special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive). They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III. So, while we’re not completely opposed to the idea of in-game events if we can find a good fit (and in a way that makes sense for a world like Sanctuary), right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

well, instead of holiday events, just have daily events that repeat.

make it as massive as the infernal machine by day limited. (ie: at least 7 types..)

I'm up for hunting for the infernal underwear of ghom (underwear slot item). rakanoth's glass socks (sock slot), magda's wings (wing slot) etc...

also questing for legendary dyes as events
Reply Quote
Blizzard get 15% from each item I sell that's way enough to pay someone to push a button and give us more experience during holidays, It's easy to push one button and add 50% exp on the servers for 1-2days.

lol please 15% they are lucky to break even with the rmah.

they only get 15% on the RMAH from commodities ie. gold sales.

for all other item sales actiblizz gets $1
Reply Quote
Holidays don't make sense in the middle of trying to stop and kill a Demon from destroying the world. I like holiday events but if you want them go play WoW.
Reply Quote
In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

Goblin Portals have 1% chance to stay open, you have to have neph stack 5 in order for this to work.
Reply Quote
Did you pay your $15 monthly fee? If not, then the answer is no.
Reply Quote
Speaking very candidly here, special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive). They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III. So, while we’re not completely opposed to the idea of in-game events if we can find a good fit (and in a way that makes sense for a world like Sanctuary), right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

Dress the goblins up in Santa and elf suits. Maybe spawn super-Santa-sized treasure goblins. Ho, ho, ho! And have them drop twice the normal amount of loot for a week. This can be as easy as a simple recoloring of the goblins and their sacks.
Reply Quote
right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements

Can you elaborate on where these resources are being spent?
Reply Quote
They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III

I disagree with your analysis but I thank you for posting it.
Edited by Polaris#1903 on 12/18/2012 8:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Seasonal Events I'd rather not have in Diablo 3.

However I WOULD say that Diablo 3's random events aren't special in any way and are hardly challenging.

Only enjoyable event that I liked was the Jar of Souls and that was just because of the concept. Their is a similar event in act 2 but both events need either more AI or a unique to pop out, and for the event to get more challenging as you go (JoS).
Reply Quote

All I see here is that you guys are either too lazy, or too consumed on your own current(undoubtedly will be a failure)project whatever unimportant fixes it may include. You will likely roll out another patch that just baaaaaaarely makes things better. You won't fix affxes, you won't fix items. You'll try to distract us away from the broken aspects of the game with shiny aspects that will bring VERY little fleeting happiness.
Reply Quote
Perfect Christmas event = Don't do patch Tuesday, so when my kid or I unwraps a shiny new graphics card, we can log right in and do an uber Magda kill right then and there
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Clyde
how about just giving Goblin a Xmax hat? :P

+1 LOL. Brilliant.
Reply Quote
In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

Here are some ideas:

Make goblins dress like Santa Claus?

Potions graphic changes to candies?

Make act 3 snow?

Or, well, simply send us some free (non-crappy) Legendaries as Christmas presents. XD
Reply Quote
Easy. Make monsters have a chance to drop giftboxes (or something like that), change x ammount of gifts for an specific rare, or a high ammount of gifts for a specific slot legendary (legendary bracers, legendary armor, etc) legendary includes sets. Rings and/or amulets costs a lot more or simply are not elegible.

That is a funny event. It's not that hard Blizzard to give us some extra stuff to be happy
Reply Quote
How about a special login page for the season? It's a new skin and everybody is happy. Relatively cheaper than new code for in-game and makes the fundies happy.
Reply Quote
turn treasure goblin/pygme into little santa elves.. you just need to change the monster file for the one monster and it is a simple hotfix that updates next time you load the game.. its in spirit of the holiday.. they already have a sack just give them xmas colors and a pointy hat lol.. maybe double the loot rates they have to give it the feel of xmas

likewise.. i would LOVE to see the option to use the infernal machine organ rewards to craft more hellfire items including some sort of wings or other costume type designs, ie sunglasses or top hat.. im not saying they need to grant stats or anything just a better look to the character
Reply Quote
now this is the problem the game devs decide this game should be nothing like d2 it's predecessor and make it more wow casual friendly based.. but in then end they can't implement anything that made wow playable for so many yrs.

this is an arpg so make it like one, the re-playability of arpgs should be the stat/skill system, pvp, ladder, crafting and farming for items. the only thing this game has is farming for items..
Edited by lowfi#1433 on 12/18/2012 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think PVP, and any sort of community updates in over 3 months on content that was already supposed to be out would be some pretty good freaking ideas. Instead of ignoring everything. Seriously blizzard can shove it up their !@#.
Reply Quote
I want to find Zeratul's Prophecy Crystal, from the SC2 plot of wings of liberty, that will teleport us to Aire so we can fight a bunch of charge-zealots. I'd love to run around some warp gates, pylons, nexus, probes and just wreak havoc everywhere in Aire. I heard this as rumor before whimsyshire was announced, I was hoping Aire was the "secret cow level"
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 12/18/2012 9:54 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]