Diablo® III

Why we don't get any events ?

You know. I honestly feel the issue here isn't that there are no seasonal events, but rather, there is just a serious lack of content here.

Let's face the reality of this situation a bit. Diablo 3 is a damn short game, my first ever playthrough took me less than 7 hours. Each playthrough after that, even less time. Sure the excuse for the lack of content might be the randomization so 'every playthrough is different' but the reality is, it really isn't. The idea is always the same.

'Oh look you ran into x event, kill everything'. That never changes. Blizzard has the base game mechanics. They can do a lot more with it.

Example. We got plenty of different elements; poison, fire, ice, lightning, etc.
Why was there no boss made with the idea, 'hey this boss is weak against x type!' or 'this boss's weakness changes based on it's phase and time.' ?
Hell, why did you guys even both with element-based attacks and weapons at all? They only make a difference if your rolling a barb like mine.

Anyway, my point is, there is a lack of content. Most updates you guys throw out aren't exactly masterful, or require the greatest developer minds on Earth here(simply changing the variables on already written codes for the most part). And Blizzard has also had PLENTY of time to work on new content. At this point, it's just a matter of laziness. Where is PVP? A part of the game that was on the box, but still not within player hands? How about some new in-game content? New dungeons, bosses, etc. With a game where randomization is so heavily played on, you need the content to be there as well. It's not like every enemy and boss has to be related to the main story, especially with this type of game where, quite frankly, no one got the game for the story, and everyone thinks the story is terrible(I think the Belial boss fight was the only point in the game where I thought 'hey that's cool, he CHANGED').
Reply Quote
Suggestion:
Holiday Shrine that give special buff
Reply Quote
12/20/2012 01:40 AMPosted by Vashlion
You know. I honestly feel the issue here isn't that there are no seasonal events, but rather, there is just a serious lack of content here

This and that is why we NEED new content with every couple of patches.

1. Paragon Level
2. Infernal Machine
3. Pvp
4. ?
5. ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acronyms and their meaning: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7004698754
The new way of making every Legendary viable: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7199033719
Idea: White/Blue Items and Crafting Fix: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7167576791
Monk Build: The Dual Wielded Lawn Mower: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415641623
Reply Quote
It might be cool some special path's that only opens on specific dates, depending on the holiday, with some special rewards!
Reply Quote
You could easly do something like if you log in on Christmas or around you get a santa suit, it could be like the dyes (with the collectors edition) but insted of changing color it could change image. I would like to see you give the buildings christmas lights and a big tree in the center of town. Even if you don't change anyting in game it would be nice to get a bonus to exp, to magic and gold find seprate from nephalem valor (as it would affect keywarden farming), Or get the shrine bonuses for a day.

As for event I relly like the save Christmas ideas I've read. You find Santa, get rid of enemys, and bring joy to the world. But what about an act 1 event where the fallen star has turned santa into a zombie while on his way to deliver presents to Tristram. Turning againt the people of Tristram you must rid the world of this evil and sav... Wait, killing Santa doesn't sound vary Christmasy.
You could make an event where Belial kidnapps and imprisons Santa. Impersonates him and couses chaos. Having to kill fake Santa you save the real Santa and bring joy to act 2. There killing Santa isnt so bad. Still would be weird to kill a glowing blue Santa.
Ok insted of belial it could be an occultist in Santa's suit causing chaos. Rescue Santa and save Christmas. There no Santa death.

The event could give you a feat of stregnth and when you beat it you get one item that you create. After saving him, Santa asks you what you want for Christmas. You get to choose 5 magic proporites and out pops a present. If you repeat the event with the feat of stregnth it works like a resplendant chest.
Reply Quote
how bout double xp? inc drop rates for the holidays? should only be changing a few things on a spreadsheet...

for a bit more time in the changes
or make one of those stupid event things a real challenge like a survival challenge where monsters keep coming and increase in difficulty until you or your party all dies..
Edited by SylVanCabaL#1724 on 12/20/2012 4:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
You pay monthly for WoW so they should get more content
Reply Quote
santa hats on goblins would actually be kinda cool....
oh well.

go back to WoW kid.
Reply Quote
just put santa hats and beards on the treasure goblins and call it a day.

in all seriousness though a decent idea would be a holiday dye that when uses changes gear to a red and white colorscheme, or a useless but entertaining (like the splintered oar) helmet that looks like santa's hat. and just tie it to a random event. that random event could be anything stupid like finding a broken down sliegh somewhere in the fields of slaughter in act 3 (one o azmodan's catapults took out santa) and you kill off the monsters raiding the sleigh and "gather the presents" (just click on the sleigh), return to the keep and talk to one of the npcs and "distribute presents" (just some dumb dialogue) our character doesn't even have to alk. just record an NPC saying something along the lines of "Thank you! I was sure that amidst the chaos we wouldn't get to celebrate this year!"

and to any people of religions that don't celebrate christmas. its a national holiday in america. I'm atheist and I celebrate it. you don't have to buy into jesus' birthday or whatever.

BAM holiday content done.

I thought this was amusing.
Reply Quote
You know. I honestly feel the issue here isn't that there are no seasonal events, but rather, there is just a serious lack of content here.

Let's face the reality of this situation a bit. Diablo 3 is a damn short game, my first ever playthrough took me less than 7 hours. Each playthrough after that, even less time. Sure the excuse for the lack of content might be the randomization so 'every playthrough is different' but the reality is, it really isn't. The idea is always the same.

'Oh look you ran into x event, kill everything'. That never changes. Blizzard has the base game mechanics. They can do a lot more with it.

Example. We got plenty of different elements; poison, fire, ice, lightning, etc.
Why was there no boss made with the idea, 'hey this boss is weak against x type!' or 'this boss's weakness changes based on it's phase and time.' ?
Hell, why did you guys even both with element-based attacks and weapons at all? They only make a difference if your rolling a barb like mine.

Anyway, my point is, there is a lack of content. Most updates you guys throw out aren't exactly masterful, or require the greatest developer minds on Earth here(simply changing the variables on already written codes for the most part). And Blizzard has also had PLENTY of time to work on new content. At this point, it's just a matter of laziness. Where is PVP? A part of the game that was on the box, but still not within player hands? How about some new in-game content? New dungeons, bosses, etc. With a game where randomization is so heavily played on, you need the content to be there as well. It's not like every enemy and boss has to be related to the main story, especially with this type of game where, quite frankly, no one got the game for the story, and everyone thinks the story is terrible(I think the Belial boss fight was the only point in the game where I thought 'hey that's cool, he CHANGED').

They're working on it. In the meantime challenge yourself on MP6 for a change instead of doing MP1 all the boring time :)
Reply Quote
its simple man...
have a cave, in the cave is all of santa's evil elves, and the boss would be Evil Santa himself, with treasure gobs that have santa hats, replen chest.

or some variation of that
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Grimiku
Speaking very candidly here, special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive). They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III. So, while we’re not completely opposed to the idea of in-game events if we can find a good fit (and in a way that makes sense for a world like Sanctuary), right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

How hard is it to add a Holiday Tree in the Town of Tristam or weather effect such as snow? ITS NOT...
Reply Quote
12/20/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Archangel
Speaking very candidly here, special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive). They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III. So, while we’re not completely opposed to the idea of in-game events if we can find a good fit (and in a way that makes sense for a world like Sanctuary), right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

How hard is it to add a Holiday Tree in the Town of Tristam or weather effect such as snow? ITS NOT...

add snow effect so we can pvp in snowball fight.
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 07:17 PMPosted by SeeknDestroy
right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements

Please tell us on what other elements you are working on.

This is what I wonder too :I
Now everytime they say something like this, it is like they say "yeah, it would take too much time for us to do anything, so.... !@#$ no"
Reply Quote
12/20/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Silvragon
[quote]right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements

Please tell us on what other elements you are working on.

This is what I wonder too :I
Now everytime they say something like this, it is like they say "yeah, it would take too much time for us to do anything, so.... !@#$ no". Also about the "resource intensive" comment; really this game got a !@#$ load of money when they release; now they sound like they dont have enough "resource" to manage some event?????
Reply Quote
Pay a monthly subscription and maybe they will add this stuff.You know it is blatant that too many wow ideas are in this game.Not the same type of game in anyway.Stop thinking it is.
This is why the game flopped hard.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
So you'd rather they spend time and effort on content you could only access for a small part of the year, than content you could do any time?

I think there are better ways to spend their development resources. The game needs work. It doesn't need seasonal events.
Reply Quote
umm gw2 has events i think ill be heading over there for the holiday=/
Reply Quote
View profile
12/18/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Arkethos
How about another instanced, portal type event (like the infernal machine)? :)

That is a pretty good idea actually. Keeping it a bit isolated from the game itself is a good way to add content like that.
Reply Quote
View profile
Because these developers don't seem to actually want to add any meaningful content to the game. That is been pretty much the disappointment for me for this installment. This mentality worked 10 years ago for Diablo 2 .. .make the game .. have some patches that add some "features" .. and then have an expansion 2 years later to add more content.

But in todays age where games pump out DLC or free content every few months? Blizzard is behind the curve a bit.

Unlike TONS of other games .. Guild Wars .. Borderlands .. League of Legends .. DOTA 2 ... TF2... all games that regularly add content to their loyal fan base .. whether it be via DLC or free in-game events.

The RMAH not making them enough money? Isn't that what it was for? To give them income stream beyond initial sales?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]