Diablo® III

Farmers Guide for what not to pick up (rares)

I added shields back to my pick up loot. Why?

Looking for that money drop MF 20% /GF 20% to max your Templar buffs.
Reply Quote
i think rare belts can roll ok in terms of a defensive build. I'm talking in the 500k - 1mil range.
Reply Quote

20/25 gold find on shields is 25. but still they only cost 500k on ah.
Reply Quote
There was a list a while back that detailed which generic labels on rares were best left on the ground. Out of the hundred or so labels, only a handful were worth picking up and ID'ing.

Worth searching for if you're interested. I'm not right now.
Reply Quote

20/25 gold find on shields is 25. but still they only cost 500k on ah.

My apologies that's right.

The ones I've found sold for over a mill+

500k sounds like a flippers buy.
Reply Quote
Here we go with these so called experts.
Reply Quote
It is mildly amusing that the game has been nerfed so hard that shields are effectively useless.
Reply Quote
12/20/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Beanbagchair
99% yellow is trash okay I get it but each yellow item is at least 1000 gold. no way i am leaving gold behind in my farming run. Item finding is pointless. All I farm for is gold and use the AH to buy.

But the time it takes you to pick up these items, id them, and vendor them is not as profitable as more time spent farming.

Put it this way

it takes an average of .5 seconds to pick up a rare. 1.5 seconds to id them, 5 seconds for town portal (divided by the amount of items your vendoring) 2 seconds to walk over to the vendor and 1 second to right click it to sell it. Per item on average you're spending ~4.2 seconds per item to vendor for 1000 gold. It takes less than a second to kill a monster which regularly drop up to 4k gold in front of your face. You're making more money by picking up gold on the ground then walking to the vendor. Aka you're losing money by selling your items.

i get your points, but I id all my items at the end of each alkaizer run and its an extra 50k or so each time. iding them sucks, but that 50k adds up...every 20 runs I do its an extra mil in my pocket.
Reply Quote
12/20/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Ruiner

But the time it takes you to pick up these items, id them, and vendor them is not as profitable as more time spent farming.

Put it this way

it takes an average of .5 seconds to pick up a rare. 1.5 seconds to id them, 5 seconds for town portal (divided by the amount of items your vendoring) 2 seconds to walk over to the vendor and 1 second to right click it to sell it. Per item on average you're spending ~4.2 seconds per item to vendor for 1000 gold. It takes less than a second to kill a monster which regularly drop up to 4k gold in front of your face. You're making more money by picking up gold on the ground then walking to the vendor. Aka you're losing money by selling your items.

i get your points, but I id all my items at the end of each alkaizer run and its an extra 50k or so each time. iding them sucks, but that 50k adds up...every 20 runs I do its an extra mil in my pocket.

Efficiency
Reply Quote
LOL
Reply Quote

Efficiency

yes, I add a few seconds picking up items and dozens of seconds iding them at the end...thats all. i fill up usually in the keep and keep going once im full. theres an efficiency in the 50k I make every run and its worth the time.
Reply Quote
each yellow is at least 1k gold. there is no way I am leaving any gold behind in my farming runs. GF > MF.

your method requires too much thinking. i want a relaxing farming session where i can just sit back and do mindless button clicking. so when a yellow drop i d'ont have to think about what item it is. if it is yellow+ i pick up.

This guide is about efficiency, not relaxing farming sessions. Vendoring 1K items is not worth the time.

Nice job OP, pretty much agree on everything, very useful !
Reply Quote
huhu pick up rare wizard helm please.

I'm soo desesperatly looking for one with bonus to arcane torrent with socket, cc, vit and intel, it's not even funny.

I'm tired of wearing tal rasha mask.

Besire rare wiz helm can spawn with APoC and Max Arcane power. I know they often roll crap, but they able to beat a stormcrow if well rolled. And stormcrow only have 1 random affix to choose from.
Edited by Kelmort#1104 on 12/20/2012 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Shouldn't you salvage all rares? I mean you can use those components to craft ............. LOL .. sorry can't even type that with a straight face.
Reply Quote
Who makes a game where rares are worthless?
O w8
Reply Quote
pretty close to my list earlier in 105 patch (like others mentioned i disagree on boots too)... but now that everyone's figured out speed running low mp with high mf... i trimmed my list down to 1h, gloves, jewelry.. and i'm not even rich...
Reply Quote
BTW, for those who played D2, this is how the game played out. Rares were rarely good. This is how it's suppose to be. Now we just need Blizzard to make better legendary gloves.
Reply Quote
each yellow is at least 1k gold. there is no way I am leaving any gold behind in my farming runs. GF > MF.

your method requires too much thinking. i want a relaxing farming session where i can just sit back and do mindless button clicking. so when a yellow drop i d'ont have to think about what item it is. if it is yellow+ i pick up.

This guide is about efficiency, not relaxing farming sessions. Vendoring 1K items is not worth the time.

Nice job OP, pretty much agree on everything, very useful !

Thank you and holy !@#$ you're wearing the best gear I've seen on a dh before.
Reply Quote
This is pretty off. Your odds of finding a good rare is super low, but there's not really any rare that can't roll for something worth over 1m.

2h weap? I've sold one for over 10m. Shield? The one I'm using, I put up on ah for 100k bid no buyout and decided I wanted to keep and use it so I asked a friend to buy it back for me. You know how much my winning bid was for me to get it back? Almost 12m. And I have another shield (not even an ilvl 63) that should sell for a few mil. So...yea...don't pick them up; just makes my finds even more rare and worth more.

P.S. All of this happened after 1.05. The shields were both within the last 3 weeks.
Edited by sno#1130 on 12/20/2012 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Its a good guide, but it need to be clear that is for the ones that kill fast, get more than 30/mil XP per hour, and have already reached 10mil++ gold.

For the ones that still look for good gear with 1mil cost, than you should continue to pick up everything because the time you will loose is not that much.

You must check how much time you spent picking up the gear that is not in front of you, the time spent going to vendor and identifying the gears, and discover how many mobs you could kill in the same time.

About the "thinking" issue, in the first runs it will be hard, you will loose more time checking if the item worth to pick up or not, but with time you will remember the name of the items, than you will discover that do not pick up those gear, really worth it.
Edited by GoejoHusan#1207 on 12/20/2012 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]