Diablo® III

Farmers Guide for what not to pick up (rares)

Bracers - Will generally be replaced by lacunis end game, but it is still very hard to get a good pair of lacunis that you won't have to switch out for survivability. Worth picking up

Chance of being good - (6/10)

I would slightly disagree with that. But I may have had poor luck with rolling bracers. I cheap-average pair of Strongram Bracers seem to be much better than the Rare Bracers until you can find a Lucani Prowler you like.
Reply Quote

Not true. Well rolled rares and storm shields sell quite well, not for what the used to, but still they sell well. I assume some are looking ahead to PVP.

Maybe if it had 10% cc and 34% block with Vit Str and max ar it might sell for 20m but that's a real, real fat chance

The shield you describe isn't possible.
For 34% block, it has to be a Stormshield.
A Stormshield with 10% cc can't have vitality.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/stormshield
Reply Quote
I'd say pants should be more like 8/10. If you get double socket, 30-70 AR, 120+ main stat and 200+ vit, you can get anywhere from 20m to 700m depending on how high the stats are.
Reply Quote
dude. can you not do math. it takes longer to vend a 1500 or 2000k item then it does to continue farming. when your farming 2000 to 3000 dollar piles of gold drop constantly.

i

12/20/2012 07:55 AMPosted by Kiwi
here is a better guide. pick-up all yellows and vendors them. less thinking and faster farming time.
Reply Quote
I like the list and agree with it...

However honestly it's too much work to be so selective - you would memorize it after awhile and then you'd be good, but if you're really going to do this then you should also memorize the different "iLvls" of each so you can refine even further.. which is even more work.

I definitely agree DO NOT pick-up blues unless you are really just starting out in inferno. But once you can farm inferno efficiently only pick-up yellows. I can't tell you how much faster and more money I've made since I made that switch.

But for me I will still pick-up all yellows b/c I can sell them for $2K a peice and every once in awhile you will get a shield or boots or helm that actually does sell well. The only rare I might stop picking up are 2 handed weapons. I've sold a few for say 50K but that happens like once a month and 50K is just not worth it. But everything else is sometimes worth something.
Reply Quote
dude. can you not do math. it takes longer to vend a 1500 or 2000k item then it does to continue farming. when your farming 2000 to 3000 dollar piles of gold drop constantly.

i

here is a better guide. pick-up all yellows and vendors them. less thinking and faster farming time.

Thank you! lol
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
Yeeah... maybe. MAYBE. Inna's pants are tough competition for farming speed high dps output for barbs, perma freeze, dh and monks. Depth diggers for high classic stats. (you get everything there and more (MF))
Or you can go Blackthorn pants for life on hit bonus which is nice.
Yes some people will go for rares at times, but mostly cause they're gonna be cheaper.

Clearly you've not been outbid on rare pants at 200m recently.
Reply Quote
Good guide, I think the time it would take me to memorize each possible drop and locate the few yellows instead of a chest drop would be more time than just picking up the yellows and tombs. Since the game is all about items, I can't just let items go that "could" be useful. Since my gear isn't great, its always possible; although I don't pick up whites or blues, because they aren't useful or sell or worth anything vendor wise.

Great guild for maximizing exp/hour.

I've had a few yellow helms sell for alot more than set helms though. MF, socket, CC, MS, and (it was a while ago) resist or something...went for 2m Anything worth over 1m is definitely worth picking up in my book.
Reply Quote
Yeeah... maybe. MAYBE. Inna's pants are tough competition for farming speed high dps output for barbs, perma freeze, dh and monks. Depth diggers for high classic stats. (you get everything there and more (MF))
Or you can go Blackthorn pants for life on hit bonus which is nice.
Yes some people will go for rares at times, but mostly cause they're gonna be cheaper.

Clearly you've not been outbid on rare pants at 200m recently.

True, can't deny it. But I prefer to skip to the essential. Rare pants have too much competition imo. But i may be wrong absolutely.
Reply Quote
Im glad you dont pick up belts cause i sold a rare one for 70 mil yesterday

Happy hunting :)
Reply Quote
Any other edits I should make?
Reply Quote
This I will say looks like a good guide for those that are deep into inferno. Not like my barbarian that is only in act one inferno. With the gear he has there are still other pieces that could really give him an upgrade. Also he is farming for the other two dreads. Hoping to find a decent weapon, rings, or amulets that have life on hit.
Reply Quote
12/20/2012 02:31 PMPosted by gooddaytodie
lmao..... so your going to sit there and click CTRL to view the item only to NOT pick it up... i guess you want to waste your time doing this you can but i would rather pick up any yellow drop and sell it to a merchant in half the time it takes to stop to view them... besides if you can get 24 or so rares in your inventory, thats a good amount of return on top of the gold drops. i would say dont pick up any blues because almost all of those are useless simply because they can not have that many affixes on them.

I dont think a lot of people understand the concept. There is NO clicking CTRL to view an item that is not picked up. It just simply is passed up and not picked up. We know by now what the names of the items are and what the max affixes on these items will be. This is a good guide and is exactly what i have been doing for some time now. I have farmed both ways... picked up everything... picked up selective items and i can tell you it is more beneficial to be selective. You DO make more money passing on many rares.
The only item i added to that list recently is rare WD helms looking for the reduced zombie dog cool down, since zero dogs build is becoming common and prices are rising.
Everyone is entitled to farm the way they want. This guide is not saying that you have to do it this way.. it just makes a valid point as far as efficiency. Good Job..
Reply Quote
gotten a lvl 61 wand with 1100 DPS and socket. I pick up any one handed weapon as long as its lvl 61 or higher. I cant understand why some people only pick up 63s.
Reply Quote
So...anybody got a short compact list with item names for what to pick up? :)

1H Weapon:

Mace: Crag Hammer, Demolisher
Fist: Golden Talon, Heaven Hand
Spear: Vel, Centurion Spear
Sword: Conquest Sword, Rune Sword
Axe: Galraki, Arch Axe
Dagger: Piercer, Darkblade
Mighty Weapon: Massacre Axe, Slayer
Ceremonial Knife: Flesh Ripper, Veil Piercer

2H Weapon:

Sword: Oni Blade, Warlord Sword
Daibo: Zhezl, Guru Staff
Mighty Weapon: Behemoth, Titan Axe
Axe: Ripper Axe, Decapitator
Mace: Slag Hammer, Doom Hammer
Polearm: Grand Halberd, Dread Lance
Staff: Mythical Staff, Soveriegn Staff

Ranged Weapon:

Bow: Phantom Bow, Revenant Bow
Crossbow: Doomcaster, Hellion Crossbow
Hand Bow: Impellor, Exorcist
Wand: Strike Wand, Desolator Wand

Offhand: (Only Shields can be Lvl63 )

Shield: Dread Shield, Sacred Shield
Mojo: Kurastian Asp
Orb: Demi Lich
Quiver: Sanctified Quiver

Armor:

Lvl62: Soveriegn, Pallium, Dread, Armplates, Grand Chain, Heaven Strand
Lvl63: Archon, Razorspikes, High Scabbard

Head:

Lvl62: Deva, Sovereign, Star Crown,
Lvl63: Archon
Edited by Carnac#1372 on 12/24/2012 8:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
iLvl 62 wands can have better rolls than the 63 ones. Have one that rolled 900+ DPS, OS, 9AIS, 168 INT, 14 Max Arcane Power and 3%LS, very usable
Edited by Akumasan#1817 on 12/24/2012 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
I say DO SOMETHING FOR CRAFTING ;))

That way you can always salvage and craft with materials you find for a chance on a jackpot item.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]