Diablo® III

Hmmm Alienware m14x r2....

So, I have the choice to get an Alienware m14x r2 with the new i7, 12GB ram, 650m with 2gb and the 16:9 screen, all for $900 canadian (after taxes, from a connection at dell).

Was wondering, would this be a good decision, being about 6.5 lbs is fine, but I need something smaller than a 15.6" (or if its 15.6, it MUST be light).

Also, to owners of this laptop, how do you like it??
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
Don't bother with "gamer" brands. Alienware = fancy Dell fyi. Not that they are bad computers per se, they just aren't the best bang for the buck.
Reply Quote
brand isnt the thing here, its a nice to have

but i'm able to pay ~$900 for the specs above, just wondering if the build quality is good. I read reviews that say it is one of the best builds, but anyways i bought it now and its on its way, we'll see how it goes.

even with their sale now, i'm paying $500 less than boxing day pricing lol
Edited by Renegade#1707 on 12/26/2012 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have the MX14 i like it a lot. Color is awesome, games all play perfectly.

Cons: Its heavy as a brick, screen is small (was intentionally purchased to be smaller, but still), gets pretty hot

Edit: I would love to purcase a 15.6'' but the only thing I can find is the Macbook pro Retina display that fits my needs. Until a windows version with that type of specs comes out... i'm happy with what I have
Edited by Minami#1237 on 12/26/2012 5:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have the MX14 i like it a lot. Color is awesome, games all play perfectly.

Cons: Its heavy as a brick, screen is small (was intentionally purchased to be smaller, but still), gets pretty hot

Edit: I would love to purcase a 15.6'' but the only thing I can find is the Macbook pro Retina display that fits my needs. Until a windows version with that type of specs comes out... i'm happy with what I have

Awesome, does it only get hot once you start gaming?
Reply Quote
Yeah thats the only time. It doesnt get really hot tbh, but the fans are pretty loud to keep it cool
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 10:34 PMPosted by Minami
Yeah thats the only time. It doesnt get really hot tbh, but the fans are pretty loud to keep it cool

cool, now i cant wait to get mine

thanks for the info
Reply Quote
wow those are nice, but a comparable laptop to the alienware i just ordered costs double.

i cant wait to get the m14x r2...
Reply Quote
Well they have the m14x r2 in canada up for 1,099. I had 200 credit for dell that I used, upgrades were done free by them (through my contact at Dell) and also got another 10% off by talking to sales reps (after about a 5 min chat).

I would recommend always talking to sales reps before buying, they almost always give u something.
Edited by Renegade#1707 on 12/29/2012 9:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]