Diablo® III

Where are all the Elite Demon Hunters????

I just start playing demon hunter yesterday. My gears are mediocre and I'm not going to upgrade any gears anytime soon but I was wondering if I'm able to clear MP4 Act 3 solo.

I'm having trouble killing fast elite mobs....

Any tips? How's my build?
Edited by Pwnzor#1713 on 1/2/2013 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354997/
Reply Quote
Just play MP1 and use shadow power with gloom when needed
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200064834
Reply Quote
First piece of advice I'll give you is that is literally no point in farming MP4. If you do MP0 act 3 you can get literally the same exact drops that you can from act3 mp10. What i usually go by is this, each level of MP gives you 25% more MF. If by going to the next higher difficulty it takes you 25% more time than it did on the lower one, your are better off taking it down a notch. I know this holds no mathematical water, but that's just how i go about it.

As far as equipment goes, i would dump the quiver for a danetta's or something along those lines. The problem you will run into later on, is that the base damage on the one handers is low. You need the extra 180-200% cd that the second one handed crossbow provides to really see the damage that build can deliver.

I would dump perfectionist from your passives. From a grinding perspective, you will farm faster with tactical advantage, or vengeance. Also, Since you have no RA, or Vit stacked on your gear as is, it giving you 10% of nothing will still equal nothing.

Also with vault, i would get rid of trail of cinders as it isn't a really effective damage dealer and go with tumble to save on the discipline. Speaking of discipline, i would also either get rid of caltrops or sentry (preferably sentry between the two) and take preperation with either back up plan, or battle scars depending on your needs.

As far as EHP goes, i went eccentric and stacked melee reduction which works quite well for me. But I would still recommend sticking with the 40khp/400res/4000armor scaling.

Hope that helps a little bit.
Edited by Nurgle#1377 on 1/2/2013 10:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
thx nurgle, I will try that build later.

and for MP standpoint. I use MP for grinding EXP purpose not for MFing.
Reply Quote
higher mp, you're gonna need more resist.
Reply Quote
You won't be able to do MP 4 solo without resistance, plain and simple, and 400 AR and 400 Armor is not enough.

But stun grenades with LFB dishes out a ton of dps but will need duel hatred regen for it to be effective solo.

But I prefer MP4 and 5 for my key runs.
Edited by dawgiestyle#1127 on 1/2/2013 11:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
you just started DH yesterday? and got to 60? how long did that take in hours?

also, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but is all that gear RMAH? it's not really top stats on all items, but still pretty good. if GAH, how much did you drop on it? or was it saved up found stuff from other chars?

a lot of questions, i know
Reply Quote
you just started DH yesterday? and got to 60? how long did that take in hours?

also, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but is all that gear RMAH? it's not really top stats on all items, but still pretty good. if GAH, how much did you drop on it? or was it saved up found stuff from other chars?

a lot of questions, i know

I had hoped to look alot better after putting in 1900 game time hours of which 1000 was put into the DH cause it was the funnest.
Reply Quote
my friend helped me to get to lvl 60. I got to lvl 60 in about 3 hours.

yes all from GAH. I had about 200m to spend on my DH.
Reply Quote
You won't be able to do MP 4 solo without resistance, plain and simple, and 400 AR and 400 Armor is not enough.

Wow you are soooo wrong. I was doing MP10 earlier with my resist all and armor. (I'm assuming when your wrote 400 armor you meant 4000).

Also with regards to the post about MP0. You are also wrong. You need to do MP1+ to get the same drops through Monster Power. After MP1 all your doing is increasing MF/GF/XP and the HP and DMG of mobs. Do not farm MP0. If your XP farming, do MP2. Your build is fine OP. Maybe drop sentry and use Rain of Vengeance with Beastly bombs.
Reply Quote
Also with regards to the post about MP0. You are also wrong. You need to do MP1+ to get the same drops through Monster Power.

That's only relevant to act 1 and 2 where monsters are not level 63(and get turned to 63 on mp1). Monster power does nothing beyond MF in act 3 when it comes to drops. They're already level 63.
Reply Quote

Wow you are soooo wrong. I was doing MP10 earlier with my resist all and armor. (I'm assuming when your wrote 400 armor you meant 4000).

Also with regards to the post about MP0. You are also wrong. You need to do MP1+ to get the same drops through Monster Power. After MP1 all your doing is increasing MF/GF/XP and the HP and DMG of mobs. Do not farm MP0. If your XP farming, do MP2. Your build is fine OP. Maybe drop sentry and use Rain of Vengeance with Beastly bombs.

I think your confused. But dying once is not an option for me. How many times you die solo MP10 with 400 AR. I guess if you miss all the elites, you can miss all the elemental damage and life drains will taking some time to kill an MP10 elite. I would love to join a game with you and see, prove it to me. The only other alternative would be life steal and Life on hit if you dont have the armor or resistance.
Edited by dawgiestyle#1127 on 1/2/2013 11:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bigdQl!bXZ!ZaYbaZ

Since you have a lot of crit. This build should be very fast for MP1 or even 2. Entangling shot with shock collar has the best proc rate for Night Stalker. Hungering Arrow with spray of teeth is pretty meh since your using ball lightning. RoV and Echoingblast will kill champion packs in seconds (for me if they touch my traps, they die).
Reply Quote

I think your confused. But dying once is not an option for me. How many times you die solo MP10 with 400 AR. I will join a game with you and see, prove it to me.

I don't die. I never run out of Disc and can keep shadowpower up forever. MP10 is just stupid to farm for anything. I only do it if I'm REALLY bored. It takes too long to kill champion packs for it to be worth it, which is why I stick to MP5 for my speed runs.

Just so you know, you said "MP4" needs more then 4000 armor and resists. Your trying to turn this into a pissing contest. Stick to what you were saying. I merely said I can do MP10 with my stats. But saying you need more then 400 RA and 4000 Armor on a DH to do mp4 or higher is "wrong".

Just for the record. I'm not saying it don't help. I'm sure it will. But because I can do it, without it... I don't see a point to go for it. I don't need to "join" a game with you to prove anything. All that would happen is we would waste time for you to just wait for me to die "once" to go all Online COOL BULLY on me because my spec for solo relies on me timing healthglobes and staying alive.
Edited by Zedonius#1220 on 1/2/2013 11:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bigdQl!bXZ!ZaYbaZ

Since you have a lot of crit. This build should be very fast for MP1 or even 2. Entangling shot with shock collar has the best proc rate for Night Stalker. Hungering Arrow with spray of teeth is pretty meh since your using ball lightning. RoV and Echoingblast will kill champion packs in seconds (for me if they touch my traps, they die).

I use all three build for my mp5 key runs and will change frequently. I prefer grenades primary and LFB secondary to create massive chaos.
Reply Quote
Lol ^^ What i meant/said was the 40k/400ra/4000armor --> SCALING <--. Not that once you hit this threshold you mysteriously become invincible.
Edited by Nurgle#1377 on 1/2/2013 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lol ^^ What i meant/said was the 40k/400ra/4000armor --> SCALING <--. Not that once you hit this threshold you mysteriously become invincible.

Not quoting or referring to your post.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Pwnzor
I'm having trouble killing fast elite mobs....

I'm guessing you mean you're having trouble with the Fast affix on elites?

Try switching out Night Stalker with Tactical Advantage for the added bonus movement speed. Replace Elemental Arrow with Multishot + Suppression Fire rune to gain discipline back, and drop Caltrops for Companion + Bat Companion since most of the time when fighting elites you're constantly on the move, the slow + crit dmg increase is negated.

By switching those out, you'll see better times for completing runs and more survivability when you need to escape quickly when in trouble. As far as MP4, I think you can solo Act III, but it's more efficient to just run MP1. Just one death and the exp/hr drops massive. It's much faster, safer, and get the same quality loot on MP1. That's if you're just farming for paragon though. People have a VERY BROAD perception as to what benefits item drops/rolls, just do what feels most comfortable for your character.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]