Thanks for taking the time to craft such a constructive and well-intentioned thread. We really do appreciate the passion of Diablo III players like yourself, and you have some very fair points and feedback, so /highfive for that!
And how an old game had systems inspired already to lead into multiple diversities and that game is full of skill trees and is immensively popular, so those telling me skill trees & stat points is outdated, tell that to a 12 year old game still surviving and is massively going on updates still. It's only outdated if your skill trees/stats don't actually offer any equality between power & variation.
While we enjoyed allocating stats and having intricate skill trees in Diablo II (as well as the benefits they provided), we ultimately feel the current stat and skill system is better for Diablo III. We heavily iterated on the skill trees and stat points in Diablo III for quite some time, but we felt that they simply didn’t fit the direction we wanted to go with the game. They added artificial complexity to the game, but didn’t actually add much in the way of customization. They also often rendered a remarkable penalty, in that if you mis-allocated a stat point or skill the wrong way, or simply wanted to change it at a later point in time, you were out of luck, as you were locked to your original choice.
We strongly feel that in general, players will know whether or not they like a particular skill or play style only after they’ve had a chance to try it out for themselves. And while there definitely is some intrigue and fun to permanently committing yourself to a particular character design, it’s not what we envision for Diablo III. We want players to be able to experiment and find a combination of skills and runes that they enjoy and that fit them the best. We also don’t believe that the current skill system would really benefit from a free allocation of stats, either. We think that players can achieve a sizable level of customization through runes, and that this system fits in much better with the overall design of the game.
This may be what "Blizz" wants etc, but your player base does not want this! We wanted a skill tree and stat allocation. That thing we call "customization"
Where is the "Customization" in Diablo 3?!? It is seriously lacking this!Dyes
- 99% of the items we use are legendary and cannot be dyed... The other 1% are item slots like rings, amulets braces CANNOT be dyed!!Items
- Interchangable customisation... Except we all end up pretty much using the same items because of the lack of build diversity because of the lack of skill and stat allocations and any synergies.Male/Female
- Tick, but how does that help me kick Butt in a different way to the guy on my left?
We're lacking items like charms, jewels, a diverse range of gems that can help make our characters different.
Instead we're left with ....
Weapon with socket (Guaranteed Green gem in there...)
Helm with socket (Guaranteed Red/Purple gem in there...)
Anything else with socket (Guaranteed main stat gem in there...)
We want/NEED Customization in this game! It would make it actually worth playing for more then 6 months.
You may not agree at Blizz HQ but your WRONG im afraid! Sorry but true!