Diablo® III

Where to go from here? 100k dps

I've crossed the hump to 100k dps.

What is wrong with my current build? I am WW obviously. Am I lacking anything specific?

I am on a budget. Never found anything worth over a few million.

Got 20 million for christmas, purchased a Mempo (198str, 100dex, 8ias, 10life) and lacuni (140str, 40vit, 8ias) and some IK boots (97str, 140vit, 60dex).

When wearing all that gear my IAS goes up but my damage only increases slightly. It was to the point that spending 20 million on a single item upgrade would have been a better idea.

Advice much appreciated.
Reply Quote
And I have the problem of not being able to perma-wrath when on single or small group targets.
Reply Quote
Update your profile first by put on the new gear, leave game AND log out.
Reply Quote
I will help you if you want. Add me in game and I can share some info.
Reply Quote
Ok I threw on the new gear. Unbuffed my gear dropped a little. I had purchased a new amulet to make up for the lost CC.
Reply Quote
1st, not enough Str.
2nd, why blackthorn chest?
3rd, off hand without socket.
Reply Quote
Okay, budgeted where I could.

I know the Chest piece is sub-par, but for the price and how dynamic the stats are, I have to stick with it.

I decided to get a great set of pants to match the set and get the vit bonus. This allowed me to buy a couple more items that focused on strength instead of vit.

I spent 10m on the new boots and 7m on the pants and bracers combined. I added about 15k dps.

I think my biggest deficit now is crit damage.

What do I do with weapons? What are the best for WW? Fast off hand? Mace/axe/sword main hand? DPS or CD priority?

Thanks a bunch for all the help so far!
Reply Quote
View profile
If you were judging your dps change after getting ias gear by the paper number, you did it wrong. Use d3rawr and add full buffs to see your tdps. Lacunis also provide extra MS, a high priority for me.

your current gear only hits 2.0/2.23 aps fully buffed. not tolerable for me. I find 2.23 on both weapons passable and 2.5 ideal.

Major issues for you are lack of average damage on jewelry, single dps mod on ammy, forcing low roll trifectas, 12MS.

i built this 15m set http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PhatPhoEater-1370/hero/21193368.

paper dps is 70k vs your 100k but fully buffed tdps is 536k vs 608k. 500 less str than you but hitting 2.5aps on both weapons makes a big difference. Start thinking in terms of in-game dps or tdps, not paper.
Reply Quote
View profile
1st, not enough Str.
2nd, why blackthorn chest?
3rd, off hand without socket.

Blackthorne's chest is a good chest if you're on a budget. IK is better, but it's not worth it to buy a cheap IK (ie low VIT IK chest) since you NEED the VIT on a chest piece when you're on a budget.

The legs are OK (not a huge fan) but the 2pc is pretty solid.

Anyways, I'd really recommend that you grab a str mempo helm. You'd lose a bit of crit but gain 8-9 IAS, maybe a bit of str, but most importantly 70-80 AR. Then I'd replace those bracers with some Lacunis to get to 24% MS. Also, get a better offhand. The damage on your offhand does not matter much for WW spec (for paper dps or tdps either) but the stats do. Missing that socket for extra crit damage just for higher dps is a bad idea for an OH. If you've got a bit of cash take a look at some Echoing Furies. They're probably the best WW OH in the game because of the +APS bonus (pretty much ANY Echoing Fury will give you at least one more breakpoint on each weapon). I'm using one as an offhand right now and I only spent 800k on it, but it was still a big dps boost, even without the socket. If you can spend a bit of cash then you can get a socket, str, and life steal, or socket, str, crit damage.

Pho is right though, your amulet is garbage. You want at least 2 dps modifiers (ie IAS, crit damage or crit chance) plus str/average damage if you can get it. I wouldn't spend the money on a trifecta until you can actually get a pretty decent one.
Reply Quote
I still have my Lacuni and Mempo and IK boots. They aren't great though, probably worth <20m together.

Can you help me determine if it is better?
Reply Quote
View profile
if you equip them after youre done playing and log out, i can check in the morning. headed to bed.
Reply Quote
Updated. Still need a new amulet.
Reply Quote
View profile
645k tdps. you are 1 ias away from 2.5 on OH. adding 1ias gets you to 690k.

rather than simply adding 1 ias, i would look at the long term and replace a piece that has low rolls. I would look to work in an ef OH.

learn to use d3rawr.
Reply Quote
Thanks so much. Definitely the information I was looking for.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]