Diablo® III

Anyone played another class?

Thinking of seriously farting around with another class... got my WD up to 60 today, so now I have all classes at 60. The gear is current on my profile for each character... I posted a similar thread in the general discussion forum, but that place is basically where intelligence goes to die so I've chosen to ask you guys since I've had good interactions here and gotten good information.

Specifically, I have about 40 million in the bank and was wondering- which class would I be able to gear the best with what I've got and what's in my bank? If anyone has any info it would be appreciated. Just sort of vaguely worried CM is gonna get nerfed again somehow in 1.0.7.
Reply Quote
i honestly have no interest or desire or even the heart to level up another toon regardless of me having a lvl 58 monk, lvl 36 barb, lvl 15 wd, and lvl 10 dh.

i'm pl100 with wiz and still don't have any plans to do so with others.

it's not wrong to level up other toons considering you have the time and patience to do so and money in the bank although it's pretty risky either ways.
Reply Quote
I started with a WD and with 11k elite kills, my opinion, they are no where near as good as a Wiz. They are the step child of Blizzard. We have Critical Mass, and they have a skill that takes off a second per kill. Their skills does not sync well together compare to wizards. You have to pump alot of dinero to even be decent. 40 mill is not nearly enough, make a Barb.
Edited by HoneyBadger#1205 on 1/3/2013 8:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I started with a barb and sold his gears off at paragon 57 once I saw how much fun my new wiz could be. He was naked for a while so I dropped about 50 m into some new gear even though I don't play him at all. He can still run mp10 the same as when he had 2b in gear but it takes longer to kill monsters since his dps is about 80k less. I finished inferno with my DH and found him a bit boring. The barbs have a thread going where they are spending only 1m gold in the AH to buy all of their gear to see how long it will take to kill mp10 azmodan. If you don't want to spend a lot maybe you should upgrade your barb.
Reply Quote
Thinking of seriously farting around with another class... got my WD up to 60 today, so now I have all classes at 60. The gear is current on my profile for each character... I posted a similar thread in the general discussion forum, but that place is basically where intelligence goes to die so I've chosen to ask you guys since I've had good interactions here and gotten good information.

Specifically, I have about 40 million in the bank and was wondering- which class would I be able to gear the best with what I've got and what's in my bank? If anyone has any info it would be appreciated. Just sort of vaguely worried CM is gonna get nerfed again somehow in 1.0.7.

I've been in your shoes. Currently every character I have can farm at least MP 1. My main is my monk and demon hunter who can both farm mp5+. That being said, I'd say the cheapest to build was my barbarian and if I had 40,000,000 my barb would probably get th most attention if I was looking for the cheapest class to build/farm with. My barb cost me a little over 1,000,000 and I have been toying with throwing some gold down on him to see what he could really do. Just my opinion of course.
Reply Quote
DH are super cheap to build around ... i think with 30m or less you can get a 200k+ DPS non ss DH and their strafe build is pretty fun to use

i think i build my DH for around 35m ish
Edited by Justice#1797 on 1/3/2013 8:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
monk or dh,
wds have too many oom issues unless they use skorn and zuni set with mana regen on helm imo
i like spamming abilities which is why im focuses on my monk now
Reply Quote
i got my witch doctor to 60 a few months back, i got bored right away. Its just so easy to use, so carefree.. dont feel much of a thrill for me.

then i tried WW barb of my brother, spinning all day i got tired XD

i just reverted back to wiz cause it farms faster then play other class from tiem to time jsut to relieve boredom from my wiz
Reply Quote
i made a monk, didnt like the mechanics. if they fix that ill probably build him up again. its a fun class
i have a barb that im SLOWLY working on. health is good, resists are ok and damage is !@#$ right now.
Edited by Sugarblood#1289 on 1/3/2013 10:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I've been playing with all classes ever since the 1st major nerf hit the CM Wizards.
My current goal is to have all classes capable of farming MP3 which (I think) is equivalent to the old Inferno, before we got all 10 MP levels.

If I had 100mil to spend, I'd rather get 10 bang-for-the buck upgrades for my other toons than get a marginal upgrade for my wiz.

I also have more fun switching up builds and classes when I get bored of one build or class.
Paragon level 100 is sooo far away and I'm in no rush to get there. I would get bored out of my mind if I had to do the same siyet over and over again, day after day. Paragon leveling is LABOR, not PLAY.

Also, when PVP comes, all options are open to you and you're not pigeonholed into a specific build or class.

My recommendations:
1) Build up a Barb if you just want to farm. Best farming class period.
2) DH or Monk for PVP
Edited by DomonKassui#1611 on 1/3/2013 10:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have 6 lvl 60 characters and lvling my 7th! I must say i love leveling characters and equip them with items that I found. Enjoy "dressing" them up like barbie dolls... ok i better stop before it sounds really gay... lol!

Wiz is still my fav choice ever since D2 days :D
Reply Quote
Put all my gear on my monk, yes a int monk. That was fun for about 30 min.
Reply Quote
I also got all classes to 60, imo stay away from monk and WD.

Invest in either barb or DH, and imo DH was the most fun just due to the sheer amount of mobility and control you can have.
Reply Quote
I'm hoping that CM/SNS doesn't get nerfed, but I'm kind of at a point where I need some serious drops to happen in order to upgrade anything on my wizard anyway, and frankly I really hate farming paragon levels/legs with my wizard in Archon. I had my Barb at a decent enough place to do MP 0 farming but got bored with him because, well, barbs.

I think I'm going to try out a strafe DH build. Thanks everyone.
Reply Quote
I was originally a DH when the game came out. I stripped him of his gear to main Wiz when Paragon levels came out, but recently started to regear and play him occasionally. I can clear MP5 on my DH now. They get godly damage reduction now if you go that route.
Reply Quote
Budget wise, I think barb; dueling wise, a DH perhaps.
Reply Quote
MONK! I have a new Monk I've been playing with since there is not much point to paragon grinding my SNS wiz (p100) and it's a ton of fun. Spam teleport punch, auto cast lightning twisters, and spam huge DPS buffs. Good fun :D
Reply Quote
I've leveled every class to 60 twice, deleted a sc dh to make room for a hc one. Monk is really easy to gear since you don't need as much cc. DH also isn't too bad, I think I spent 21m total for the new nats set, 1 socket manticores are cheap (plus I've found 4 this week), and cheap dml are good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]