Diablo® III

D3 Has Some Upcoming Competition and...

Needs to get their ISH together.

I just watched videos for Lineage Eternal and Grim Dawn....

Wow, if they could incorporate things seen in those gameplays into D3, I would probably pay 2 play D3 monthly.....

If they can't get some ISH together...I will probably abandon D3, not buy the expansion and have it be the 2nd Blizzard game I've abandoned in recent times....

Please listen to your customers! We don't want to leave you but if competitors offer more diversity and creativity, you will leave us with little choice.
Reply Quote
PoE. just installed last night, sorry much better than d3 and I've dedicated quite some time to d3. Plvl 95.

Blizzard just makes me sad
Reply Quote
lol @ lineage. If people think there are a lot of bots in Diablo then they've never played a lineage game.
Reply Quote
PoE. just installed last night, sorry much better than d3 and I've dedicated quite some time to d3. Plvl 95.

PoE made me get back to diablo 3 lol

wasn't my cup of tea
Reply Quote

PoE made me get back to diablo 3 lol

wasn't my cup of tea

different stroke for different folks. I forget how much of a dumbed down game d3 is..

I played TL2 for 2 hours. tried to play a few more times and always went back to d3.. Don't think it'll be the same for PoE.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/21/2012 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

ok, so one night of PoE and you have already decided that it is much better than D3? you haven't even scratched the surface of the game. for all you know, the end game could be an abysmal mess. I've played PoE and I loved it but come on ... I'm not making a final decision until the full game is released.
Reply Quote
Doesn't matter, already paid.
Reply Quote

ok, so one night of PoE and you have already decided that it is much better than D3? you haven't even scratched the surface of the game. for all you know, the end game could be an abysmal mess. I've played PoE and I loved it but come on ... I'm not making a final decision until the full game is released.

PvP - Anywhere in sight for d3? Even when it's released, how much fail is it going to be? Arena? 4v4? I want 1v1. I want to PK. I want to smash your face in when you walk out of town.

PoE provides a challenge from the time you start the game. With d3, you held a button for the nightmare and hell common.

No AH, old school trading system. bigger sense of community. I sat there chatting up with people about the game for a good 20 mins. Everyone helped me with whatever questions I had. Do that in a d3 chat and all you get are trolls.

Skill Trees - My biggest gripe with d3. The first time playing d3, I was like wth, I don't have to pick skills? There is never a reason to build a new character if you can't mess it up. In D2, you messed up one skill, you rerolled. Don't even get me started on how retarded paragon lvling is.

I like diablo 3 or I wouldn't have put the hours into it like I have. I didn't like diablo that much when I first started playing, I instantly like PoE. To ME, it's a better game.

Let's not talk about endgame, OK? Diablo has no endgame. There is already so much more to keep you busy with in PoE and it's still in beta. It'll definitely have much more longevity in it's current state then diablo has now.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/21/2012 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/21/2012 01:24 PMPosted by databandit
lol @ lineage. If people think there are a lot of bots in Diablo then they've never played a lineage game.

I could give 2 s***s about bots. I play to slaughter monsters and get the coolest items and perform the neatest tricks I can.....

That being said, these upcoming releases look like they're going to have a whole grab bag of new tricks.
Reply Quote
Anyways back to the original topic(nothing to do with PoE),

At the moment i dont see how D3 can have a competitive(player skill) PvP. Each patch only takes the PvP dream further away because all they do is introduce a new grind to keep players interested.

I honestly would like to give some suggestions but i have none that would actually work and keep the players happy at the same time so... I guess we have to give up?
Reply Quote
lol no way. someone get OP a tissue
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Shaman
Path of Exile is okay but really it's just a less fun Diablo 2. It's just like Diablo 2 except the gameplay isn't as fun. I've already played Diablo 2 so why wouldn't I just play it again if that's what I wanted to do, why play PoE over the superior Diablo 2? That's why I'd rather play Torchlight 2, it's not an outright Diablo clone, there are new features and it's set inside of a vastly different environment.
Reply Quote
Path of Exile isn't even close to a diablo 2 clone. What the hell are you smoking? Its far better in a whole list of ways that Diablo 2. The skill system is better, the passives are better, the potion system is better, the overall customization is better, the respec system is better, the currency system is better, I can go on and on and on.
Reply Quote
12/21/2012 01:31 PMPosted by padako

Here is the endgame of PoE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S0RY2kQ3GM

It works out just fine ;)
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
Anyways back to the original topic(nothing to do with PoE),

At the moment i dont see how D3 can have a competitive(player skill) PvP. Each patch only takes the PvP dream further away because all they do is introduce a new grind to keep players interested.

I honestly would like to give some suggestions but i have none that would actually work and keep the players happy at the same time so... I guess we have to give up?

I think the only thing that will save D3 is an expansion. Which is fine. I'm sure most people got their money's worth out of the game, even if it left a sour taste.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]