Diablo® III

ADVICE ON FOLLOWER AND GEAR FOR DPS? PLZ? D

hey guys. If somebosdy can blow a few minutes explainh some tips or wisdom on what follower i shud makE AND WHAT gear?? I am just trywen to make the coolest one possuible and since (personally) mf hasnyt been really showing any results fior me, then id like to make one for mianly DPS and ROCKING ELEMENTAL OR JUST BENEFICIAL ATTACKS SINCE IM ON A 110-150KDPS BABA. and only got physical dmg! But i can prob drop like 10m or more depending on what u reccomend. Id even spend ALOYT more then that if it reeally made a bad !@# follower!

So thanks dude ansd PLEASE drop me a line cause im cluecless

-evilsmevil#1540
__marcus USAF
Reply Quote
Some people focus on DPS from a follower, I don't really care. I focus on what a follower can do to assist me in terms of their skills.

Scoundrel can give 3% CC, the Enchantress Higher attack speed & confuse enemies (useful with elites).

I have used an Azurewrath sword, up to 15% chance freeze on hit with my Enchantress for Freeze chance don't want to invest in the Star of Azkaranth Amulet, up to 5% chance freeze on hit. Other option is the Tormentor which has a chance to charm on hit, combined with her Charm skill it works nicely to distract enemies.

For the Scoundrel same amulet combined with the Buriza-Do Kyanon bow, again up 15% freeze on hit, same amulet. Since the scoundrel can shoot 3 bolts, he can freeze a lot of guys.
These get pretty expensive, I will replace my Scoundrel's Windforce bow with it when I have the gold to do so.

The thing I am looking for currently for my followers are rings with IAS so they can do more freeze. Getting ~1.2 APS from the followed, combined with 3 bolts and 18% chance to freeze on hits give you almost 1 freeze per second from the follower.
Edited by PF13#1228 on 12/22/2012 11:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
then id like to make one for mianly DPS and ROCKING ELEMENTAL OR JUST BENEFICIAL ATTACKS SINCE IM ON A 110-150KDPS BABA

If you care nothing about magic find, then whether you pick enchantress or scoundrel, it doesn't make a huge difference, so let me just tell you this: just like you max damage for your characters, you look for attack speed and crit for your followers to help gain dps.

Since enchantress cannot use a source offhand, the best dps for her is the best Skorn you can buy. I gave my enchantress my old gear, and at one point I had her crit chance to almost 19-20%, and her damage was over 17k dps, but honestly, it wasn't worth to me, so I switched her gear again to focus on attack speed and utility.

Scoundrel -- you buy him crit and attack speed jewelry and a kick@$$ Manticore, and he can do more damage than Enchantress. I put a Windforce on mine for the knockback, and it was really useful.
Reply Quote
THANKYOUUU dudes. i think that knockback idea for scoundral muight sound cool. but enchatrerss sounds sick if its possible to have decent feeze on it. I PERSONALLY just dont know if its worth it for me to gear the follow with mf/? will itr make a difference??
Reply Quote
You get 20% of the followers MF so it can make some difference, the higher your paragon level the less the diff.

i use the windforce, but i do that with my WD, not sure a barb would want to knock back attackers? that why I focused on freezing. Depends what is fun to play with, you can get rings with chance to freeze reasonable cheap, and an azure wrath isn't real expensive.

AS WW Barb you could use an azurewrath for your off hand also.
Reply Quote
I PERSONALLY just dont know if its worth it for me to gear the follow with mf/? will itr make a difference??

With your own gear, having a max buttload of MF makes the gear subpar, but if you're running on mp0-2, who cares, right?

If you're going for magic find and running on mp0-1, you can max your own gear, which would make more of a difference than the 20% you get from a follower, and paragon levels you can grind easily to make up for the magic find from a follower. That's just my experience -- I'm paragon 100.
Reply Quote
THANKYOUUU dudes. i think that knockback idea for scoundral muight sound cool. but enchatrerss sounds sick if its possible to have decent feeze on it. I PERSONALLY just dont know if its worth it for me to gear the follow with mf/? will itr make a difference??
Reply Quote
Check out my enchantress build on my barb here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415133486

She's an quadruple AoE spamming, life on hit 130k+ HP monster. Averages about 30k AoE damage per burst and never dies. Things hit her and she heals up. Perfect for ww barb since you whirl through huge packs of mobs. The more mobs around the more damage she does and the more she heals!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]