Diablo® III

Banned for playing normally

(Locked)

Got banned few weeks ago while playing D3, was in act 3 at a merchant selling junk and message came up saying im banned, i made several tickets trying to explain that i dont use 3rd party programs except for App called splashtop streamer to check my auction house, but the customer service so so horrid i got same BS copy+paste responses, even when i called them they couldnt do anything, so where do i get a refund for the game? i bought it at futureshop in store, any help appreciated thanks.
- Technical Support
View profile
... i dont use 3rd party programs except for App called splashtop streamer to check my auction house.

Right there...you were using software that is not allowed. You made the decision to violate the TOU and the consequences are that you got banned. This is due to your own actions and you are not entitled to a refund. If you have appealed and the second investigation upheld the ban then that is final.

Also, just because you did not get what you wanted, does not make it poor customer service. Many game companies would never even let you appeal. If you choose to play again on a new account, make VERY sure you do not use ANY third party software again.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 12/24/2012 7:53 AM PST
Splashtop is a remote desktop app... it just lets him log in from his ipad or phone or another computer to control his main computer so that he can play on it. It's still him doing everything and no actions are automated.
You say in your post that you used a 3rd party program, and you wonder why you got banned?
NO programs are allowed. Even though they seem harmless.
- Technical Support
View profile
Megatron, it may seem harmless, but Blizzard really means it when they say no third party software. This includes anything that touches the game or game files, even if it is not automation. While the OP states he used that software, we do not know that is what actually got him banned. It could be, or it could be something else and this is an attempt to deflect it. Blizzard took a second look at the account and confirmed this was not just an automated ban....they have logs showing the OP used something he should not have. As players we don't, and won't, know exactly what it is.
12/24/2012 08:13 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Megatron, it may seem harmless, but Blizzard really means it when they say no third party software. This includes anything that touches the game or game files, even if it is not automation. While the OP states he used that software, we do not know that is what actually got him banned. It could be, or it could be something else and this is an attempt to deflect it. Blizzard took a second look at the account and confirmed this was not just an automated ban....they have logs showing the OP used something he should not have. As players we don't, and won't, know exactly what it is.

Splashtop does not touch any part of the game at all. it is simply a remote desktop app. By that logic then when starting the game there can not be any open processes except for Diablo.exe running in Windows or you risk being banned. This is simply not possible as their are always other open processes.

You would be correct however that the issue may not be related to Splashtop at all and there could be an issue with another application running in the background that he downloaded and installed at one point and did not know it was running or perhaps malware.
You have to understand what a remote desktop does. One thing it does, is interrupt the video drivers. Some programs literally hijack the drivers, while others install their own. It could be calling instructions that give a false positive to a graphic hack. Not certain, but makes sense.
12/24/2012 06:33 AMPosted by Allan
Got banned few weeks ago while playing D3, was in act 3 at a merchant selling junk and message came up saying im banned, i made several tickets trying to explain that i dont use 3rd party programs except for App called splashtop streamer to check my auction house, but the customer service so so horrid i got same BS copy+paste responses, even when i called them they couldnt do anything, so where do i get a refund for the game? i bought it at futureshop in store, any help appreciated thanks.

I LOL at your idiocy.
Support Forum Agent
Allan,

You've already been in contact with us via the support ticketing system and been informed the account closure will not be overturned. It had nothing to do whatsoever with Splashtop by the way which is merely a remote desktop access program.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]