Diablo® III

Can you solo Siege/Kule MP10?

I can't for the life of me.

While the other two fights I find pretty straight forward, easy and reasonably fast (5-6 mins), Kule/Siege are impossibru >_<

So, if you can do it solo, please post here so we can take a look at your profiles and maybe learn a thing or two. Also, please try to explain your strategy.

I'm trying to solo, not because I want bragging rights, but because I want to craft those hellfire rings and I can't find people to do MP10 with (all I need is someone that can stay alive and distract/aggro either Kule or Siege while I kill the other) and I don't think other MPlvls are really worth it. And to be quite honest, I don't think I would be able to solo Siege/Kule even in MP7 the way this fight goes. I just can't DPS because either Siege grabs me all the time or Kule casts that annoying slow buble on me and when I finally get to him, he teleports after the first hit.
Reply Quote
View profile
I was similarly stymied .. (tho not on MP10) ... I was stuck on MP7 ... until I totally changed strategy.

I switched to Weapon Throw with Stun rune ... Leap with Stun rune (to quickly get out of bubbles and stun on landing) and Scoundrel with 20% freeze. With Siege stunned most of the time he rarely picks me up and I am able to wear him down (either HotA or WW/Sprint).

Weapon throw then allows you to kill Zulle from a distance without him backing into a corner surrounded by bubbles.

I don't see why this wouldn't work on MP10 if you have the gear.
Reply Quote
I can do it solo rather easily actually. Although I will switch to an IK belt with LS on it for the battle.
Reply Quote
^
wtf, your gear is way too godly. (Crypter's)

If that's what it takes. I' guess I'm a long way from doing it.
Reply Quote
I'll do a run with you.
Reply Quote
I am extremely close but I can't quite do it. I suspect it would be easy if I had all resist Witching Hour and 250+ STR Ice Climbers.

If you switched to dual wield, you could probably do it. Your attack speed is far too low to be efficient with a Skorn.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350725426

I can not only do it.....I can do it with a dead player in the game.

Protip: focus on kulle, let seigebreaker follow in your tornados and use him as a healing shrine of sorts.
Reply Quote
i just did it for the first time...it took awhile!!!
Reply Quote
I can do MP10 and I don't have nearly the EHP you do... The key is to keep doing damage through the entire fight while having enough defense (ehp + sustain) to survive a grab and spank SB/ZK combo.

I think you have to change your build. Try using some method of crowd control to keep one of them stunned while you dps ZK. Crowd control is a huge help here. I don't know 2H gameplay very well, so hard to give direction on build.

The only time you don't focus on ZK is when he's inside one of his bubbles. Switch to SB at that point then back to ZK as soon as he comes out. Do not kite too much or you will hit the rage timer.

I am always using different builds for farming, so my profile may reflect some odd builds... My build for MP10 ubers is the usual build for a nado barb but I use WT/Throwing hammer (stun) and HoTA/Smash (dps); passive is TaN. If you wanna add me in game, I'd be happy to do MP10 ubers with you.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
^Yup, 2 handers will be too slow for both. But everyone seems to be using the all popular skorn. Talk about diversity.
Reply Quote
I think build plays a huge part. I would think that Ground Stomp / wrenching smash and Leap / death from above (as freak noted above) would work well in that fight for a 2H.
Reply Quote
Just an update: I just beat Kule/Siege solo MP10. Didn't change my build or gear. Just focused on Kule as Wayneold said and then finished off Siege. I came close to dying once, but that was it. Fight was more annoying than difficult. Took me around 7 minutes.

Also, when I first posted this, DrFish helped me with them. It was pretty quick and easy. Thanks Fish. I still think it's better to party up for ubers MP10 in order to save a couple of machines and do it faster. But at least I know I can solo all if I choose too.
Reply Quote
Llama: I manage to barely solo zk/siege (may involve a few deaths in the process). Please add me and do some uber actions together.

Of course it is a must to kill zk first due to his one shot enrage timer. However, the small size of zk and his time bubbles (which prevents u from using bash to regain wotb clock) make it difficult to keep wotb up. The most annoying thing is that the beast will catch u from time to time which doesnt help the wotb clock. From my experience, the stun effect from clobber can come in handy here.
Edited by yuench#3554 on 1/2/2013 4:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just an update: I just beat Kule/Siege solo MP10. Didn't change my build or gear. Just focused on Kule as Wayneold said and then finished off Siege. I came close to dying once, but that was it. Fight was more annoying than difficult. Took me around 7 minutes.

Also, when I first posted this, DrFish helped me with them. It was pretty quick and easy. Thanks Fish. I still think it's better to party up for ubers MP10 in order to save a couple of machines and do it faster. But at least I know I can solo all if I choose too.

Well done man....I am learning the hard way that this battle is very gear dependant and obviously yours passed the test. Good job.
Reply Quote

Nice work man :)

I'm pretty much always down for some ubers. Hit me up whenever you see me online if you want to run.
Reply Quote
EZ mode
Did it 1.5months ago
But must admit cockblocked me for like a month when i was building gear for it (killed the rest like 3months ago)

The more you do , the more the know the patterns of bubbles and pickups etc, and once you get it down you can pretty much make kulle put down his bubbles in insignificant places while u chase after him.

Now I successfully run a carry business consistentally 1 shotting all 3 ubers in 11mins total!
Edited by Sleek#1369 on 1/2/2013 5:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just did Kulle/SB in 5mins, never lost WoTB

No follower, no soj (was a client to be carried)

never dropped below 50% hp
Edited by FeRMi#1453 on 1/2/2013 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
because I haven't done any ubers yet :(, what would it take for anyone to help me? :P I have 5 machines.....I can pay a lil gold or w/e..just asking because I'd like to see how far I can get..
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 12:12 PMPosted by henry
because I haven't done any ubers yet :(, what would it take for anyone to help me? :P I have 5 machines.....I can pay a lil gold or w/e..just asking because I'd like to see how far I can get..

free with me

Fermi#1453
Reply Quote
I've done it a few days ago while trying to figure out my limits. mp8 and 9 were pretty easy but I wasn't quite sure sure I had the dps for mp10. Made a post about it on a previous thread. IMO, for this fight having some sort of stun really helps a lot, especially if you are undergeared (I've seen other posters mention the use of a stun skill as well).

Didn't mention it on my last post but frenzy also helps me keep wotb up. As long as you stand outside Kulle's bubble, frenzy + mashing rltw allows me to fill my wotb-meter all the way up.

Not sure if it helps, but the demon summoned by maximus can draw some aggro from SB while you run after kulle. He only lasts about 10 seconds, though.

BTW if anyone's interested, I'm also looking for people to do mp10 ubers with (I have quite a bit of machines but few people to share them with). My DPS is nothing special but my EHP is pretty good and I rarely die.

I've actually managed to do it yesterday. I only did it once so maybe I just got lucky but it's theoretically doable even with my DPS (I'm at about 235k with OP/Killing Spree)... but I probably came pretty close from reaching the enrage.

My setup was basically what I have now except I use Frenzy/Smite for the stun, and Bloodthirst passive for more sustain. When soloing SB/kulle, I go with frenzy/smite. Without a stun I would probably be unable to do this even in mp8.

The stun keeps SB from attacking you, and keeps Kulle from running away. Frenzy also does reasonable damage on its own (but then again, I have +20% Frenzy damage on my gear). I haven't tried other stun methods however... bash/clobber or ground stomp might just be better but I never tested these.

I would just stun SB with smite and run after Kulle while SB is stunned. When I reach Kulle I just smite him, lay some tornadoes, and try to keep him permastunned as much as I can while laying some more tornadoes. Even when he's hiding in his bubble It's still possible to whirlwind around him and lay tornadoes reasonably well (or stand just outside the bubble and frenzy him). SB's enrage is a total joke as far as I know so the important thing is to really focus on Kulle.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]