Diablo® III

Can you solo Siege/Kule MP10?

with ease, and i dont need to be a sissy with a shield to do it
Reply Quote
I'm kind of wondering if I can do it my self. I tried it awhile ago and was pretty close, and since then I've got more damage and vitality, so I'm guessing yes. But I'll find out once I hit Paragon level 100.
Reply Quote
I'm really close. A couple more upgrades and I'll be there.
Reply Quote
From one Skorn user to another. More ias is always a benefit. Also you might consider swapping out bash for Frenzy/Smite rune. It actually procs a lot more then people expect even with a Skorn. Might make your life a lot easier.
Reply Quote
Hey Llama, I was able to do MP8 Uber SB/ZK with my current gears and WW/WT build. The main chellenge of them both is SB's grab slam and ZK's slow bubble and disappear and reappear teleport. You will want tunnel damaging ZK only, chase him wherever he teles to, leaving tornado trails for SB. Keep them together and WW through and fro the bubble. As long as you dont run out of fury and caught within the bubble, it is fine because you want to continually do damage. So, dont be afraid and "oh, bubble I cant go in". Only get yourself out if you know you are running out of fury and lure him away from his bubble.

SB is fairly straight forward. The grab slam is inevitable. I have solo-ed them many times and I learn to time and embrace the grab slam. Make sure your health is near full otherwise you will to face risk of ZK's tornadoes damaging while SB is grabbing you which can kill you. Do not kill SB first because he will be your scource of healing and fury generation. If you do kill him before ZK then you will have to face the wrath of ZK's constant tele, bubble and worst of all, insufficient fury!

I know MP10 and MP8 are different but the same principals and strategy applies. I hope this helps.
Reply Quote
too easy for me... lol its true
Reply Quote
no
Reply Quote
Awesome tips & advice guys. I was trying Mighty Throw stun but it was interrupting my WW flow. Never thought of Clobber but idea sounds good. I use Punish to increase dps.

Anyone here thinks Sky Splitter Smite is good for constant stun locking?

You can run with me anytime Henry. I've carried many ppl before. Add me sniperwong#6502
Reply Quote
I did it last night.
Reply Quote
Bumping cause I finally solo'd at MP10, did not use WotB or WW, only 12% move speed. Used templar follower, but he didn't really do much to keep me alive and probably was riskier with him (stun during grab).

Stats:
235K dps with buffs and SOJ (28% + garbage skill)
3% lifesteal on belt only

Unbuff EHP 800-900K

Build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WkUcRY!ZYd!YcbZaZ
Reply Quote
@Fermi,

Are you using current gear in your profile to solo MP10 uber? Would be great if you can share your strategy. I am having hard time even with party. Thanks.
Reply Quote
I highly doubt Fermi is using the gear in his profile to do MP10 ubers. Your gear looks close to where mine was when I first did it in a party, and it was very uncomfortable for me back then. I'd say you're more in MP8-MP9 territory, unless you have a good CM wizard in your group. Your DPS is on the lower end, even though you have a half decent amount of lifesteal, so you'll likely need war cry. You might even consider dropping bash for rend, but it will be difficult to get used to having no fury generator other than war cry.
Reply Quote
i've been doing mp 9 if anyone wants to do runs add me.
Reply Quote
@Silverfire,

Yeap, I use warcry and man, I sucks without fury generator. Saw one barb in my group using SS with similar gear as mine. So I get one, but not tested that.
Reply Quote
I did it for the first time myself tonight. Not with such an interesting style as Jim. Fairly cookie cutter rend/HotA, but my sole fury generator was ground stomp. My character had around 850K EHP with the gear I had on, and barely over 100K DPS unbuffed, though admittedly my gear is probably close to the priciest way to hit 100K possible. I used all the crowd control skills on the enchantress, but I did not use my freezing gear, as it is more of a liability than an aid. Wrath uptime was absolutely critical, so OP:KS was a must. War cry proved to be an unnecessary luxury.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZYQcRP!ZYd!ZZZZYc

Pricey gear is pretty much the only common thread I see between people who solo this fight. Dual wield, 2-hand, sword and board all work fine. You can get away with doing it without much LS or WotB, but you need to have very high base DPS and EHP to compensate. You can do it with low paper DPS like myself but need to have a purely offensive build and perma-wrath.
Reply Quote
@Silverfire,

Yeap, I use warcry and man, I sucks without fury generator. Saw one barb in my group using SS with similar gear as mine. So I get one, but not tested that.

This is a rough fight, which, as you can see by this thread, can give even end-game geared barbs trouble. There have been some people claiming to have done it with under 300M in gear, even with under 100M in gear, but these are very unusual cases.

Comfortably soloing this fight at will is borderline impossible in my eyes with any less than 1B or more in gear. At the least, it's the hardest PvE gear check for a barb in the entire game.

Group is a different story, but it depends very heavily on just how good your group is. Either way, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Work your way up one monster level at a time, and don't get fixated on doing this fight on 10.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 2/2/2013 11:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's annoying on any MP but not a problem for me.
Reply Quote
@Silverfire,

Hard to find buddy going uber with me. All my HF ring are from carry so far.

@demonater,

Care to share your build and gear?
Edited by Coolvan31#6976 on 2/3/2013 12:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bumping cause I finally solo'd at MP10, did not use WotB or WW, only 12% move speed. Used templar follower, but he didn't really do much to keep me alive and probably was riskier with him (stun during grab).Stats:235K dps with buffs and SOJ (28% + garbage skill)3% lifesteal on belt onlyUnbuff EHP 800-900K.

Thank you so much !!!
English is not my native language...
I confess, i didnt expect it to work for me. But it worked.
SB/ZK took 10 minutes, killed Kulle in about 7 minutes tho.
So, thank you.
Edited by zdavaz#1475 on 2/3/2013 1:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm pretty much always down to uber. If you are not sure if you can handle it or not or if you straight up just can't, hit me up. I'll smash those !@#$ers with you. Most of the time I'll run with a really high end wizard though just because it is WAAAAAY easier, but I'm always down for some good old school smashmouth ubering as well. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]