Diablo® III

DH or Wizz for farming?

Like in topic, please, help me make a choise
Reply Quote
Having played both i would strongly recommend the Wizard for most efficient farming contra the cost of gear. Do however note that i play a CM Wizard and my conclusion is primarily based on CM reducing Teleport cooldown.
Reply Quote
DHs have higher mobility, but wizards have better AoE abilities, so pick your poison.
Reply Quote
12/29/2012 02:21 PMPosted by TasteDeath
DHs have higher mobility, but wizards have better AoE abilities, so pick your poison.

Have to disagree with the above comment.

Few skills on any character can compete with Multishot for screen clearing awesomeness. I would even go so far as to say it's the most powerful AoE skill in the game. You just need to have the right skill choices and gear and you can spam multishot like there's no tomorrow. I picked DH as my farming character and I am not disappointed. For as little as I play this game I'm amazed at how effective she is at raking in the cash and items.
Reply Quote
Dh strafe 110 move speed or someone crazy. Tr monk is fastest for exp imo. Depends on if you are farming for exp or legs
Reply Quote
perma archon with scramble nuff said i have yet to see a char clear mp4-5 at the speed of a well geared archob wiz im not talking about average geared but a well geared archon wiz is on another level in terms of farming insta death 360 degrees wherever beam touches cant be beat
Reply Quote
dh can farm in groups while archon can't unless last hit kill but still not efficient in groups. better off actually using conflag/cold blooded/glass cannon with all out archon buffs but using spectral blade/healing blade and blizzard/stark winter as your main skills. this only applies in group play
Reply Quote
for solo farm on lower mp archon wiz would finish a alkaiser run a bit (in my experience) but when im in a full group on high mp farm i use my dh since gloom is just too pro (unless your a cm wiz then you can pretty much farm anything with anyone
Edited by Justice#1797 on 12/29/2012 11:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have to say IMO it depends solo play Archon wiz group play DH.
Reply Quote
12/29/2012 02:51 PMPosted by TheRaven

Have to disagree with the above comment.

Few skills on any character can compete with Multishot for screen clearing awesomeness. I would even go so far as to say it's the most powerful AoE skill in the game. You just need to have the right skill choices and gear and you can spam multishot like there's no tomorrow. I picked DH as my farming character and I am not disappointed. For as little as I play this game I'm amazed at how effective she is at raking in the cash and items.

Problem is MS cannot be spammed infinitely cos it burns hatred like crazy even with the 15 hatred rune, and its only 165% weapon dmg, you are pretty much stuck on the lowest MPs with this spec unless you have crazy DPS.
Reply Quote
Problem is MS cannot be spammed infinitely cos it burns hatred like crazy even with the 15 hatred rune, and its only 165% weapon dmg, you are pretty much stuck on the lowest MPs with this spec unless you have crazy DPS.

Au contraire :) with the build that I designed, I can indeed spam MS almost as much as I want. But I'm not about to tell you all my secrets...
Edited by TheRaven#1561 on 12/31/2012 11:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm taking it that using that rune is much like using archon. big mobs keep you going?
Reply Quote
i think the DH is probably more viable for farming given the ferret buff and also they feel liek they are easier to speed around the map in then a wiz... however i have not tried a perma archon wiz yet so i can't be too sure, however with max movement speed, vault, evasive fire and the tactical advantage passive... my god you can pick up some serious speed flying through levels, then you bust out a fleeting shrine when lucky and your like lightning. I honestly don't think the wiz can compare with that for simple ease of play.

So i would say for speed farming go DH low mp, for objective farming like keys or achievement hit the wiz up at higher mp levels.
Reply Quote
View profile
Blizzard can speed farm lower mp's faster than archon. Only problem is you need big paper dps to make it work. I blast through mp0 with 284k dps and can clear:

Core
Tower level 1
Crater 2
Rakkis crossing
Fields of slaughter
Keep depths level 2
Sky crown

In 15 minutes consistently. Fleeting shrines make you feel like you are flying if you can find one. THis is really only an exp build since some monsters die off screen so you will miss some rares.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 1/1/2013 8:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 11:29 PMPosted by TheRaven

Au contraire :) with the build that I designed, I can indeed spam MS almost as much as I want. But I'm not about to tell you all my secrets...

With suppression fire and punishment? Lol... you are not going to be able to "spam" MS with that, not even close.
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 08:24 AMPosted by TasteDeath

With suppression fire and punishment? Lol... you are not going to be able to "spam" MS with that, not even close.

Obviously you've never tried it.
Reply Quote

Obviously you've never tried it.

Does Perfectionist work with Punishment reducing the 25 Discipline cost by 10%? I'm of course referring to your build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bjgdkV!feY!YbYccZ

Also how long does an Alkaizer run take with your Demon Hunter?
Edited by jling28#1549 on 1/1/2013 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]