Diablo® III

Maximus - Best Enchantress Weapon

I can't even express how cool Maximus for my enchantress is.

The demon spawns almost all the time and tanks the mobs. All I need to do is stand back and archon the packs down, usually the mobs don't even get close to me.

I know there are a number of threads where people compare different weapons for followers, I tried a few myself but I think Maximus is hands-down best.
Reply Quote
the red guy does look awesome no? shiny and fiery and everything, just don't look down at his butt >_<

anyway maximus is truly the end-game for enchantress right after the grand vizier (gf/mf bonus)

although if you're tanky enough already and needing more dps, scoundrel is the way to go. his cc bonus out dps enchantress' ias, not to mention buri buri buri~
Reply Quote
Azurewrath is really nice for the templar. Slow/Freeze is nice and he almost never dies so you can count on him for the CC.
Reply Quote
Butcher's Sickle for Templar
Reply Quote
I agree, it's a cool setup.

I just preferred my followers to have fast attack speed.
Reply Quote

anyway maximus is truly the end-game for enchantress right after the grand vizier (gf/mf bonus)

although if you're tanky enough already and needing more dps, scoundrel is the way to go. his cc bonus out dps enchantress' ias, not to mention buri buri buri~

you just countered your own argument. maximus/enchantress is a good beginner setup, once you have enough gear, endgame maximizes DPS - scoundrel with cold dmg for high MP
Reply Quote
not really. just different approach
Reply Quote
end game doesnt have different approaches, there is only one approach and that is kill the fastest. if you need a tank to stay alive you arent endgame yet.
Reply Quote
12/30/2012 10:41 PMPosted by couchy
end game doesnt have different approaches, there is only one approach and that is kill the fastest. if you need a tank to stay alive you arent endgame yet.

As an extremely tanky wiz I think thats misleading. Having a tank could then permit you to have one less AR affix and one less vit affix. Those two affixes could instead be crit damage, min-max damage, or intelligence.

Thus having maximus on enchantress tanking for you could result in tens of thousands of more potential dps without causing additional deaths. This is thinking outside the box, but hardly makes you a noob.
Reply Quote
i disagree but to each their own. i am of the opinion that in this game the endgame wiz can play his/her spec with the same gear in multiplayer as well single player. in multiplayer you don't have your follower to rely on, only your gear. that is why i believe the most dps is the true end game.
Reply Quote
i love it too! adds content to my runs lol
Reply Quote
12/30/2012 11:11 PMPosted by couchy
i disagree but to each their own. i am of the opinion that in this game the endgame wiz can play his/her spec with the same gear in multiplayer as well single player. in multiplayer you don't have your follower to rely on, only your gear. that is why i believe the most dps is the true end game.

Wait, this game has multiplayer?
Reply Quote
Imo end game is when you enjoy your build, gear, runs etc if it takes you 1 hour to clear MP 5, but you are totally satisfied with your setup, then it's your end game. Totally subjective.
Reply Quote
I don't think so. There are instances such as key farming or otherwise where you might want to work on higher mp and the Maximus allows you to do so better even than the extra dps. While the scoundrel does provide a dps build on a higher mp like 7 or so you might like the distraction that the demon summon provides while you continue on to more important areas to your key farm. Also if you are doing a high level individual farm the distraction of the demon can keep the enchantress as well as yourself out of harms way and free to do more damage uninterrupted if you play a demon hunter for instance. there are many people that can be considered end game players doing hellfire runs that could use a bit more distraction so as to be able to be more efficient on a higher run for higher drop chance (possibly better than that of the increase given by the magic and gold find of the alternative weapons for the enchantress). I used to use manticored scoundrel but i switched as the increase in cc was not more efficitent. not that it could not be for other endgamers. (filthy elitists) however for lover mp I could see how you might want to use the scoundrel for slightly faster clear but it is unlikely that it would have a real difference in my opinion.

Further more if you play on such low mp then you must not really be end game! jk
Reply Quote

The demon spawns almost all the time and tanks the mobs. All I need to do is stand back and archon the packs down, usually the mobs don't even get close to me.

I know there are a number of threads where people compare different weapons for followers, I tried a few myself but I think Maximus is hands-down best.

glad you enjoy and have fun! that's really endgame, IMHO.

Any idea WTH is up with profiles now?? I can't see 1/2 of them including OP's.
Reply Quote

glad you enjoy and have fun! that's really endgame, IMHO.

Any idea WTH is up with profiles now?? I can't see 1/2 of them including OP's.

Maybe because this topic is 2 months old and they quit?.......
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]